IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Start loading your videos to GoDaddy's video.me -- this and despicable.me which opens soon will get some "ME" buzz, if Despicable Me is good, and not despicable --

Go GoDaddy! and Go Dotme

Agreed.
No harm in some healthy competition to Youtube, and all you Godaddy customers would be giving something back for the services you receive, not to mention giving .me a helping hand.

•••
•••
•••
Interesting case, the trademark owner wins guestlist.me in UDRP ruling.

•••
in my opinion it was a wrong decision if every company in middle east has a word

like Word.me and word2.me so all those go to the trademark owners just because it was word middle east ?

anyway got these recently

CURVY.ME
DRINKER.ME
ENDUSER.ME
EXAMINER.ME
INSOMNIAC.ME
INTL.ME

i think intl.me could be a good email portal like

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

:) let me know what you think

intl = international

•••
anyone know why the .me doesn't seem to rank well in google? I've asked this question over on the .pro thread but never really gotten a response. It seems that google prefers .com. It seems that yahoo and bing will rank .me and other extensions but can't seem to understand why google won't.

thanks for your thoughts.
Kerry

•••
•••
anyone know why the .me doesn't seem to rank well in google? I've asked this question over on the .pro thread but never really gotten a response. It seems that google prefers .com. It seems that yahoo and bing will rank .me and other extensions but can't seem to understand why google won't.

thanks for your thoughts.
Kerry

You have evidence to support that it doesn't?

There is an option on webmaster tools to have google treat as a gTLD.

•••
I just perfom a search. type .me or (.pro) into google and see how many pages you have to go through till you actually find sites that end in that extension. Then try that on yahoo or bing, alot more results with those extensions show up in the search. Also, my sites that rank in the top 5 pages of yahoo and bing...don't even come up under google when I search for the same keywords. I'll look into your webmaster tools suggestion. thanks!

•••
I just perfom a search. type .me or (.pro) into google and see how many pages you have to go through till you actually find sites that end in that extension. Then try that on yahoo or bing, alot more results with those extensions show up in the search. Also, my sites that rank in the top 5 pages of yahoo and bing...don't even come up under google when I search for the same keywords. I'll look into your webmaster tools suggestion. thanks!

I doubt they will come up for key words. You need to build sites with compelling and relevant content - that's the way Google's Search engine works --- as well as a plurality of other factors per their algorithm --

Someone recently posted the top 500 most searched words -- I believe I have at least 80 of these for Dot me -- and not one comes up on the first few pages of Google (because these sites are parked, although I get at least 10 offers per day)- nor would I expect otherwise

getting these dotme names ranked requires building sites, original content, linking, SEO, etc

Eventually we'll get around to building most of these dotme names -- but these days we're focused on building super apps, and great mobile software -- and on this front, we've done well -- we do have one of the top dotme sites -- but the best, created by another group, is formspring.me

let's see if Apple uses mobile.me

stay tuned

Last edited:
•••
Sedo auction started for : Short.Me

Link : Auction Detail - Sedo.co.uk

What do you think I will get for it?

Can you tell me your own appraisal please?

Thanks

•••
Looking for best renewal price for .me Domain?

Even if i had to transfer domains.

Thanks

•••
formspring.me is now the #271 most visited site in the world, and the big brands - Fiat and RedBull - have taken notice - they want to advertise -- just goes to show you that it's not the extension - build a nice site with a compelling value proposition, a user friendly interactive platform, nice offering, and great things can happen
Formspring.me

Alexa Traffic Rank Alexa Traffic Rank
A measure of a website's popularity.

The rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors and pageviews over the past 3 months. The site with the highest combination of visitors and pageviews is ranked #1.

Updated Daily 182
Traffic Rank in US

•••
any value in 3 number me yet. nnn.me

•••
any value in 3 number me yet. nnn.me

I think at the moment theres not too much value cause theres quite a bit of nnn's available for cheap on the Godaddy auctions. But in the near future you never know.

Personally I really like .me and i think it has a bright future. Presently I just have one .me - 3Dtouch(dot)me which i'm kinda forwarding to my wp blog.
I think i'm gonna invest more into .me from now on :blink:

•••
Got vuvuzelas.me yesterday because of all the discussion about it. Threw up something kinda quick, about an hour from registering to what you see now. Already had some sales, but it's a very thin affiliate site, disorganized, more of a parked page. Might put more work into it, if I find time.

•••
Sedo auction started for : Short.Me

Link : Auction Detail*-*Sedo.co.uk

What do you think I will get for it?

Can you tell me your own appraisal please?

Thanks

You "might" get a couple more bids...

But honestly I doubt it will break the 1k mark, maybe adding 100-200 USD...

IMO you should have not pushed to auction for that low, it's a nice domain..

•••
PODGORICA, Montenegro – June 15, 2010 – Just two years after the world first heard of Montenegro’s top-level domain, .ME, more than 400,000 .ME domains have been registered. Several by some of the biggest names on the Internet -- including Facebook, Yahoo, WordPress, Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment. These companies have snapped up .ME domains to draw attention to their online products and services.
Domain.ME in the news

•••
"I just perfom a search. type .me or (.pro) into google and see how many pages you have to go through till you actually find sites that end in that extension."

What you want to type into Google is site:.me

site:.me - Google Search

About 13,800,000 results

And they can rank just fine, just like any other extension out there. Once your on page optimization is on point, links in.

•••
Would love to know what people think of: background.me
and potential uses for it.

Directory network congratulations on your sale of short dot me, Shame you did not get any more bids.. I recently sold stress in the same extension. Had hoped there would be a few more bidders at sedo but it does not seem to be that way yet.

•••
Would love to know what people think of: background.me
and potential uses for it.

Background.me sounds good. I think good for a wallpaper downloading kind of a site.

Last edited:
•••
AmericanWomen.me
VegetableSeeds.com
CowboyBoots.me

•••
are 3 number .me domains worth reg fee.
has they been any sales

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back