Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The name is for sale in 20 extensions and a decent opening bid has been made on .me
That in my opinion says that it's a very nice domain and there is still interest in the extension in general for the right words. Which is basically the same in all extensions. A good domain is a good domain, period.

•••
Guys, seriously what do you think about .me at the moment?

My opinion hasn't changed since .ME was first released. I see huge value in a lot of .ME domains, specifically call-to-action ones. However, I wasn't expecting good .ME domains to sell quickly for large amounts, nor was I expecting any domain to sell purely because it was a .ME domain. It's the same as any domain investment - if you pick up a good domain, it will eventually sell for a good price. You just have to be patient with domain sales and, in the case of a new extension like .ME, it will be some time before this extension really establishes itself. Remember also that the US and UK economies have been struggling a lot since .ME was released, so a lot of people have been short of money. But .ME is definitely moving in the right direction.

•••
Facebook are using no_url_shorteners

•••
•••
it was always going to take time and at this point i will let 75% of my .me's drop mostly because of finances , i still like them but i will keep my .coms in preference , but happy to hold on to promotional/me + artsale/me

wanting to recieve offers on 429/me, tvt/me drtv/me

•••
I have one oneword .me domain on auction for tomorrow at Bido.......i just want to see how people outside forums react on .me domains (although there are also many different forums members).

My current opinion is that .me domains are more popular than most other ccTLDs, but are not jackpot as some good .de or .co.uk domains.

•••
are LLL.me worth renewing?next year

•••
incase anyone is interested in .me i have let me know :)

•••
are LLL.me worth renewing?next year

I have a few which I will renew at least once more. Reason being that we are due to recover from recession, and before it hit, .me was doing ok.

p.s. Nice avatar.

•••
Anyone have a GoDaddy discount code for dotme renewals? thnx

•••
I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but SEX.me sold for only $1,113 at Sedo, according to DNJournal. That's never a good sign...unless someone just got incredibly lucky.

•••
I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but SEX.me sold for only $1,113 at Sedo, according to DNJournal. That's never a good sign...unless someone just got incredibly lucky.
I agree it's not a good sign...

But let's see how much f*ck.me will sell for when it will be for sale! It's all about matching the extension with .ME, imo.

•••
i believe sexe.me sold for this price

•••

I think you have confused the sale of se*.me.uk with se*.me.
Se*.me.uk is a second level UK domain name, whereas se*.me is a premium reserved name.
You can see the details of the sale of se*.me.uk here.

•••
I think you have confused the sale of se*.me.uk with se*.me.
Se*.me.uk is a second level UK domain name, whereas se*.me is a premium reserved name.
You can see the details of the sale of se*.me.uk here.

I haven't confused anything...that's what it says [EDIT: said] in DNJournal. If there's a mistake, it's a mistake on Ron Jackson's part...

EDIT: I just went to look again, and apparently Ron caught the mistake and fixed it -- so it is indeed sex.me.uk not sex.me! I promise I didn't just read it too quickly...it really didn't have the ".uk" at first... :lol:

Well, that makes a little more sense.

Last edited:
•••
I also have a few .ME domains for sale: :wave:

Rhi.me
Benign.me
Chore.me
Colored.me
Criminology.me
Deduction.me
Destruction.me
Drawer.me
Exorcist.me
Extortion.me
Extremely.me
Fabrication.me
Faithfully.me
Humidity.me
Imminent.me
Macabre.me
Measurement.me
Microscopy.me
Nausea.me
Negligence.me
Pagers.me
Parity.me
Pasting.me
Peripheral.me
Pidgin.me
Plausible.me
Rabies.me
Shaking.me
Stigma.me
Structural.me
Terrestrial.me
TheyAnd.me
Ultimately.me
Unfair.me
Wits.me

Last edited:
•••
•••
I still believe in .me.. and I had some good sales in December... I sold 2 .me for $175 each, and 2 for $100 each... The keywords weren't even that strong....I think .me is excellent for branding, the extension does the branding itself, that is what makes this ext unique....

•••
same here :) but now i am concentrating on .tel let me know if anyone wants the list of Discount .me domains i have for sale pm me or email me ( [email protected] )

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

i sold 1 .me for 1300 and another for 650 in jan-feb 08

•••
•••
•••
no_url_shorteners is redirected to facebook.com. I would like to see the other way around.

Me too, although maybe its unlikely to happen. Considering all the clout that the dot com carries.
That still doesn't take away from fb . me being a smart move. Its a big plus to have 350m users, who aren't domainers, being exposed to .me

They could have gone for other extensions but I don't think any other fits like .me

•••
maybe, it is really good news for .ME domainers.

•••
no_url_shorteners is redirected to facebook.com. I would like to see the other way around.
I don't understand those of you who say "it's sad it redirects to facebook.com"... Of course it redirects to facebook.com! It's an url shortening service!!!

But it's not like example.me registered by example.com only to protect the domain from being used by someone else. With no_url_shorteners, you will see a lot of urls with no_url_shorteners in them around the Net! But of course when you click them they will redirect to facebook.com, this is how url shorteners work!

•••
I don't understand those of you who say "it's sad it redirects to facebook.com"... Of course it redirects to facebook.com! It's an url shortening service!!!

But it's not like example.me registered by example.com only to protect the domain from being used by someone else. With no_url_shorteners, you will see a lot of urls with no_url_shorteners in them around the Net! But of course when you click them they will redirect to facebook.com, this is how url shorteners work!

Excellent point!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back