NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It is a serious problem for Snapnames, but I still do not see how it will have much effect of the overall domain market, based as it is on end users, collectors and PPC.

Agree. I think if this had come out a few years ago when the market was at its highs it would have had more of an effect (given the "crazy" prices some names were getting at the drops). But given the overall market is well down I doubt it will have much of an effect. I think the main effect will be far more mistrust in the industry.

•••
if you can share, was that with fixed price?

regards,
tonecas

It is quite a funny story, i had an email and somebody wanted to buy it (OOLL(.)com), i said i was looking for $3000 but would consider offers, they never got back.

Then a week later, someone here on NamePros wanted to buy several domains, and i offered it for $900 (cheap!), but again they never got back to me.

4 hours later someone offered $3000 at Sedo, so i took it! I saw little point of pushing to auction, i think that's a good price.

It appears to be a large fashion retail chain from Turkey.

Last edited:
•••
It is quite a funny story, i had an email and somebody wanted to buy it (OOLL(.)com), i said i was looking for $3000 but would consider offers, they never got back.

Then a week later, someone here on NamePros wanted to buy several domains, and i offered it for $900 (cheap!), but again they never got back to me.

4 hours later someone offered $3000 at Sedo, so i took it! I saw little point of pushing to auction, i think that's a good price.

It appears to be a large fashion retail chain from Turkey.

completly crazy :o

i agree with your decision for taking the 3K. it's a very good sale and you would risk having another joker making a bid and in the end fail to pay.

you've traced the buyer to a fashion retail chain? for now it is still at whypark. let's see what will come out of that.

regards and congrats!
tonecas

•••
NJ:

weri $1,034 (weri nice)
mbee $452

•••
•••
Wordsworth is no longer posting that there are availables, it seems because they all evaporate before he gets done.
This is the main reason. Today's, for instance, were all gone in less than ten minutes with the GoDaddy drop catcher taking any that weren't registered almost immediately. Competition for the best drops seems on a par to what I was seeing last month on average drop days with most going in an instant to drop catchers or fast hand reggers. Other days, I miss the drop completely, but they are always all gone when I do get to check, sometimes an hour or so after.

If I notice any change, I'll resume publishing but right now I'm enjoying the break and getting more time to focus on LLLL.com acquisitions and sales.

•••
more.com sold $120000 via ename.com

•••
Sorry to digress but just looking at bluename's sig;

MicrosoftMobile.com D-:

•••
Sorry to digress but just looking at bluename's sig;

MicrosoftMobile.com D-:
lol a heavily trademarked parking page :D:D

•••
Hows the action for LLLL going on ebay these days? Im thinking of listing a few.

•••
Hows the action for LLLL going on ebay these days? Im thinking of listing a few.
Still pretty average. Once in a while you can get a really good sale, but there are still many selling for $5-$20 and actually alot of them sell for under $1. Not sure what the median is.

•••
never go to semo, lots of pp scammer there,

•••
•••
More and more good quality LLLL.com are sold XX,XXX area
I was shocked when i saw lately at afternic.com latest sales what someone sold
TASI.COM for $2595
lucky buyer!

more.com sold $120000 via ename.com

•••
Average sale prices on eBay during October were down against September's average. Here's an analysis of trends over the past 12 months. As always, I've excluded domains selling for more than $100 as I consider them outliers on eBay. All averages below are based on trendlines calculated from weekly figures, so smoothing out irregularities.

Over the past 12 months mean prices fell at an average rate of about $1.27 a month, a total of $15.29 over the period. The trend showed a drop from $22.56 to $7.27, which is a drop of 102% based on the midpoint.

Over the past 6 months mean prices fell at an average rate of about $0.09 a month.

Over the past 3 months mean prices rose at an average rate of about $0.21 a month.

Monthly means were -

November $23.25
December $20.14
January $21.41
February $20.13
March $17.47
April $14.83
May $13.39
June $8.57
July $8.61
August $9.09
September $11.98
October $10.59

Average remaining registration fell over the 12-month period. This fall accounts for about 21 cents of the monthly price drop, bringing the effective price drop down to about $1.06 a month.

Average domain quality also fell slightly over the 12-month period. This fall accounts for about 6 cents of the monthly price drop, bringing the effective price drop down to about $1.00 a month.

The September to October drop is disappointing after the increases from June to September. Hopefully this is just a temporary aberration.

•••
November $23.25
December $20.14
January $21.41
February $20.13
March $17.47
April $14.83
May $13.39
June $8.57
July $8.61
August $9.09
September $11.98
October $10.59

Even if you took the $8.61 price and compared it to the $10.59 price (which is an optimistic way of looking at things) people are still worse off given they would have had $2.66 in reg fee erosion. Basically these names need to double in value just to break even, the odds are majorly stacked against registrants. In a good case scenario (ie buyout doesn't fail) I still think people will lose alot of money on these and the bad case scenario which is what I think is coming (ie buyout fails) ...well...

•••
More and more good quality LLLL.com are sold XX,XXX area
I was shocked when i saw lately at afternic.com latest sales what someone sold
TASI.COM for $2595
lucky buyer!

whats so awesome about it? just a good price imo.
I sold a nicer quad premium cvcv for $2600 a couple weeks ago...

•••
Snoop, you are completely dismissing the idea of an end-user sale.

•••
vupo just went for $927 at Sedo auction.

•••
Snoop, you are completely dismissing the idea of an end-user sale.

I haven't dismissed anything. I'm talking about the data Ian has presented, if something is falling in value or increasing at a rate lower than the value of reg fees then most people will have a loss. You can sugar coat things if you like (buy talking about how some might have sold to endusers) but that is the reality most are facing with these names. Just like any type of domain falling values generally = loss.

Next we'll have all the usual argument that if those sellers had spent a day emailing 100 potential buyers of vqxw.com they might have been able to get $50 instead of $2..crank that broken record up.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Average sale prices on eBay during October were down against September's average. Here's an analysis of trends over the past 12 months. As always, I've excluded domains selling for more than $100 as I consider them outliers on eBay. All averages below are based on trendlines calculated from weekly figures, so smoothing out irregularities.

Over the past 12 months mean prices fell at an average rate of about $1.27 a month, a total of $15.29 over the period. The trend showed a drop from $22.56 to $7.27, which is a drop of 102% based on the midpoint.

Over the past 6 months mean prices fell at an average rate of about $0.09 a month.

Over the past 3 months mean prices rose at an average rate of about $0.21 a month.

Monthly means were -

November $23.25
December $20.14
January $21.41
February $20.13
March $17.47
April $14.83
May $13.39
June $8.57
July $8.61
August $9.09
September $11.98
October $10.59

Average remaining registration fell over the 12-month period. This fall accounts for about 21 cents of the monthly price drop, bringing the effective price drop down to about $1.06 a month.

Average domain quality also fell slightly over the 12-month period. This fall accounts for about 6 cents of the monthly price drop, bringing the effective price drop down to about $1.00 a month.

The September to October drop is disappointing after the increases from June to September. Hopefully this is just a temporary aberration.

Nice work, thanks for that.

As was also pointed out by gladdy the quality LLLL.com appear to be enjoying higher prices overall. Maybe you can give us your thoughts on that snoop?

•••
November $23.25
December $20.14
January $21.41
February $20.13
March $17.47
April $14.83
May $13.39
June $8.57
July $8.61
August $9.09
September $11.98
October $10.59

really sad... compared, when LLLL.com first got bought out...
even the worse combination average were like $30
:'(

•••
Nice work, thanks for that.

As was also pointed out by gladdy the quality LLLL.com appear to be enjoying higher prices overall. Maybe you can give us your thoughts on that snoop?

The last time someone talked about that they ending out producing stats claiming an improvement because the average was $107 one month and $118 two months after.

http://www.namepros.com/358387-the-llll-com-sales-discussion-thread-702.html#post3607753

Personally I haven't seen any signs of improvement at the top end. Opinion comments don't mean much because people have been saying things are improving for the last 18 months. This thread is a testament to that.

Likewise an average 5% higher than the month before doesn't mean anything, it is just random stuff like the 10% fall reported this month. "Oh but from June to Sept the average went up by $3", cool but that wouldn't even cover reg fee loss and in October they fell $1.50.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back