NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Some of the more recent higher sales at eBay lately:

TSFA $135.00
DHOV $112.50
HCGM $102.50
MVPX $98.36
ADGR $94.51
NIBJ $90.00
EUUP $80.00
LPYG $79.00
VCCZ $73.09
YNCY $67.00
KMVK $61.00
OTKF $53.33
TNHQ $52.09
QAOZ $51.00
XYAP $49.88
UEYO $47.00
BPKM $45.51
EYCC $41.00
TTPV $40.00
KFWJ $39.00
RNFX $38.76
CZNY $35.99
VBIH $35.55
XZIB $34.44
XGMT $34.00
YLLF $32.00
EZZM $32.00
UWRL $29.27
VFQJ $26.50
ZRRP $26.00
RCYA $23.50
UEKN $22.50

There are still many LLLL (the majority of them) that sell for under $10 that expire soon.

Someone regged the domain LLLLDomains.com 2 days ago and sold it on eBay for $277 yesterday :) ... good for them.

•••
Congrats to all who have stuck with it over the past year! My hats off to you all! I jumped in about 6 months after the buyout, and I have a ton of respect for those who have stuck with it for 2+ years!

Given the very large falls we have seen in the LLLL.com market, including the complete wipeout of low end values, in what way should we be congratulating the people who have stuck with this market?

The people to be congratulated are those who sold out when prices were far higher than today.

•••
Just closed On NJ:
heip.com $520
coyu.com $1211

•••
Sold at Sedo

adly.com $6,000

xbed.com $1,700

•••
Given the very large falls we have seen in the LLLL.com market, including the complete wipeout of low end values, in what way should we be congratulating the people who have stuck with this market?

The people to be congratulated are those who sold out when prices were far higher than today.

Snoop, would you please differentiate between the low end and quality llll.com's? Honestly, you have sold off some of your valuable domains at the worst time, and you are still preaching here. Yes, I've been "stuck" with domains like biom, lama, oomm and so on. The thing you don't realize is, I would have never sold them off before the large falls, even if I knew it will happen. Why? Because I'm a long term holder. Does this really sound complicated for you? Let alone that since summer you were always wrong with your prognostications.

•••
Snoop, would you please differentiate between the low end and quality llll.com's? Honestly, you have sold off some of your valuable domains at the worst time, and you are still preaching here. Yes, I've been "stuck" with domains like biom, lama, oomm and so on. The thing you don't realize is, I would have never sold them off before the large falls, even if I knew it will happen. Why? Because I'm a long term holder. Does this really sound complicated for you? Let alone that since summer you were always wrong with your prognostications.

lama dot com is an awesome domain. Wanna sell? ;)

•••
No, I want it to be buried next to me :)

•••
•••
•••

It all sounds very hollow now, having sold out at the bottom of the LLL.com market.

•••
•••
lama dot com is an awesome domain. Wanna sell? ;)
Is it the animal or is it the Tibetan monk Lama.com?
The animal can bite, while the monk has a lot of overhead.

•••
Daniel, I am also interested in buying lama. In case you decide to sell it, please PM me.

•••
Who should we be congratulating? People who sold domains at the absolute bottom taking huge losses? If you think that then congrats Snoop.

People who were buying at the bottom are already winners now.

Brad

•••

I did differentiate between them, in that very post. Not sure what you want me to say, top end names like quads are well down from the peak, 80% falls. Low end stuff people have lost everything. If you are long term holder cool...you can do what you want, but don't kid yourself values haven't fallen just because you haven't sold. It is a bit like people who say prermium .com's haven't fallen, yeah right......

Now when you say you wouldn't have sold even if you knew about price falls that is illogical. It is a bit like saying you wouldn't put on money if you knew which horse was about to win. Why do people have so much trouble admitting when they got things wrong? We all get stuff wrong.

It all sounds very hollow now, having sold out at the bottom of the LLL.com market.

Of the 13 or so LLL.com's I sold off almost all were roughly around the peak, early-mid 2008. I told people to dump their LLL.com's at the time and was doing that myself, because I believed it was going to crash, and it did crash. Previously I'd been positive on them for 6 years.

I mainly sold low quality LLL.com's for $6,600-$10,000, and some high quality names, names that were bought for $150-$1000 etc. Go and look through my previous sales threads here. JJJ.com was the only disappointing sale and I posted about it alot having taken a 10k loss on it, I timed that one very badly-sold too slowly. That is life.

Only in the last 4 or so months have I been saying things have stabilised for that niche and that they will likely go up. Personally I do not believe the same is true for LLLL.com, the market still has major issues. Personally I think this will still be a basket case as the rest of the market improves.

•••
Only in the last 4 or so months have I been saying things have stabilised for that niche and that they will likely go up. Personally I do not believe the same is true for LLLL.com, the market still has major issues. Personally I think this will still be a basket case as the rest of the market improves.

Remember this 4 months ago When one sold for $3,100 and you was getting very excited about it.
Note the "I dont think they are cheap" at $3,100. I know you enjoy trying to make out everyone here are idiots not to listen to the all knowing snoop but a little digging shows you are not all that.

That is an interesting development it looked like the market had rebounded and then this. - WJV.com $3,100 -I've been of the view for a while that anything could happen with this market at the moment, it is a complete gamble. I think a major risk potentially is long term holders taking money out of the next 12 months. Prices have more than halved but I don't think they are cheap either.

•••
Remember this 4 months ago When one sold for $3,100 and you was getting very excited about it.
Note the "I dont think they are cheap" at $3,100. I know you enjoy trying to make out everyone here are idiots not to listen to the all knowing snoop but a little digging shows you are not all that.

My view was the market was extremely high risk when it got to $3000 and they could have easily fallen further. Frankly many were bullish all the way down, constantly calling bottoms on the basis of nothing. Ditto for LLLL.com, how many arguments did we have about the minimum being $40, $30, $20, $10. It only stopped when it reached $0. In regards to that quote though it isn't exactly negative, I said "anything could happen, it is a complete gamble", ie I wasn't sure on the future direction, could go either way.

Personally I would rather buy after something has bottomed than trying to catch a falling knife, I said that to people many times at the time. Only in hindsight does buying at the absolute bottom look good. Better to buy at $3500 after the market has stabilized and risen than buy at $3000 after falling $1000 the month before.

When LLLL.com's starts to improve people will say the same thing...oh but you could have bought for $X, the reality is though many of those people bought all the way down (because they always think things are looking rosey) and are sitting overall on whopping losses because of it.

Last edited:
•••
I did differentiate between them, in that very post. Not sure what you want me to say, top end names like quads are well down from the peak, 80% falls. Low end stuff people have lost everything. If you are long term holder cool...you can do what you want, but don't kid yourself values haven't fallen just because you haven't sold. It is a bit like people who say prermium .com's haven't fallen, yeah right......

Now when you say you wouldn't have sold even if you knew about price falls that is illogical. It is a bit like saying you wouldn't put on money if you knew which horse was about to win. Why do people have so much trouble admitting when they got things wrong? We all get stuff wrong.

I was wrong not to sell the few low end I have, but I don't regret not selling my other LLLL.com's which I hold for long term.

•••
JJJ.com was the only disappointing sale and I posted about it alot having taken a 10k loss on it, I timed that one very badly-sold too slowly. That is life.
Lost $10,000 but more importantly you left $32,000 on the table for someone else with more conviction to collect this week!
When LLLL.com's starts to improve people will say the same thing

It was only last month you was saying that the buyout would not hold, a trickle of drops would become a torrent. Now its 'When LLLL.coms start to improve.' You change direction as often as a headless chicken_\|/_

Last edited:
•••
Snoop, we know you really love LLLL.com's,

The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference; and if you really didn't love LLLL.com's, you would be somewhere else having fun.

That is unless you're just a miserable prick who enjoys peeing on the happy people marching along in the LLLL.com parade. But HOW could anyone ever come to that conclusion.

•••
It was only last month you was saying that the buyout would not hold, a trickle of drops would become a torrent. Now its 'When LLLL.coms start to improve.' You change direction as often as a headless chicken_\|/_

I haven't changed my direction, I think the buyout will not hold. The LLLL.com market will bottom out and then improve at some point though. Probably months after the buyout fails.

It is a bit like LLL.com, I was negative on them at $7000, then at $3500 you had a hard time understanding how I could "change my tune".....hello...the market bottomed and they are selling for half the price. Just because you are always positive on a segment of the market regardless of price does not mean that I am always negative.

•••
I haven't changed my direction, I think the buyout will not hold. The LLLL.com market will bottom out and then improve at some point though. Probably months after the buyout fails.

This is a typical snoopism. First part of the sentence you say ' I think the buy out will not hold.' 'Then immediatly after say the 'LLLL.com market will bottom then improve,'.

So that no matter what the market does in two months you will claim you called it right.
If it bottoms; 'well I told all you idiots the buy out would not hold and to get out'.
If the Market improves, 'I said for about two months now it will bottom then improve'.
If the buy out fails but recovers, ' I said it will fail but then improve'

All bases covered, no sense of conviction.
No you haven't changed direction because you go in all directions

•••
I am 1-year new to "domaining" but am lucky to have someone helping me out.

Anyway, I am in the process of purchasing just a few LLLL.com's and wanted to get an opinion on the estimated value of the domains...

JMWN.com (purchasing for $50.00)
EZGH.com (purchasing for $28.00)
ULFB.com (purchasing for $28.00)

I am looking to possibly re-sell these in the next year.. do I have any hope for a profit?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

-VinceDomains

•••
The prices vary on these names. If you have a long term plan for these names then the prices are fine. Since you say that you want to sell them in a year, you are probably not going to profit, and probably will lose money. The market is still sketchy on names like these and I would not invest in these at this moment.

JMWN is worth $20
EZGH is worth $8
ULFB is worth $30-$40

..... and wanted to get an opinion on the estimated value of the domains...

JMWN.com (purchasing for $50.00)
EZGH.com (purchasing for $28.00)
ULFB.com (purchasing for $28.00)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back