Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today on TDNX:

zkbv $20
zkbx $25
zkdv $20
zkvr $20
ydvt $20
yfuz $20
yfxo $20
ugvg $25
rxaq $20
rxbq $25
rxfq $25
rxiw $20
qeza $3,515
nxix $25
mfur $40
mrle $185
fczz $57
ednw $40
dbej $20
bvcr $121
renewals have been added

Today on Namejet:

plmo $180

•••
I agree.. Alby was my name in the auction..Alby is not only a first name, it is also a GEO, a town in Switzerland....It was a great name, the best LLLL I ever owned, regged in 1995...If the buyer doesn't pay the $1300, I will be happy, I'd rather keep the name...

Alby also means "My Heart" in Arabic.

waxt.com $111 (Sedo)

•••
afzs | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 70 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 2

ufxt | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 80 USD
Reserve met!

kikj | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 90 USD
Reserve met!

sedo

•••
Today on TDNX:

ymbw $25.00
uokm $35.00
uduh $72.00
qpuo $20.00
nqus $20.00
fxjj $36.00
fayb $60.00
dsuq $20.00
dszv $25.00
dtmq $20.00
dtza $20.00
dtze $20.00
dmqg $20.00
dmqj $20.00
dmqk $20.00
dmqr $20.00
dmqw $20.00
dnqh $20.00
dnvq $20.00
dnvx $20.00
dnwq $20.00
dnzv $25.00
dpyu $20.00
dpzp $20.00
dkpx $20.00
dkuj $20.00
dkvw $20.00
dkxa $20.00
dkxb $20.00
dfoq $20.00
dfpq $20.00
dfqe $20.00
dfqg $20.00
dfqv $20.00
dfvq $20.00
dfzv $20.00
dgnq $20.00
dgqe $20.00
dgqg $20.00
dgqo $20.00
dgqu $20.00
dgqv $20.00
dgvj $20.00
dgxu $20.00
dhqr $20.00
dhvj $20.00
dhxo $20.00
deqg $20.00
deqj $20.00
deqw $20.00
dbkq $20.00
dbqf $20.00
dcql $20.00
cvhx $20.00
cvhz $20.00
cvjx $20.00
cvjz $25.00
cvkx $20.00
cvkz $25.00
cvpx $20.00
cvpz $20.00
cvqb $20.00
crqb $20.00
cuqb $20.00
cuqf $20.00
crzq $20.00
cpqn $20.00
clbq $20.00
clvq $20.00
cmlq $20.00
cmqj $20.00
cmqk $20.00
cmqr $20.00
cjgv $20.00
cjpq $20.00
cjpz $20.00
cjqd $20.00
cjqe $20.00
cjqf $20.00
cjqk $20.00
cjql $20.00
cjqo $20.00
cjqz $20.00
cjtq $20.00
cjuq $20.00
cjvz $20.00
cjxe $20.00
cjxu $20.00
cjxv $20.00
ckhx $20.00
ckjq $20.00
aokm $75.00
renewals have been added

•••
NJ:

trti $312
xaal $79
hfhr $450

•••
ebay auction 160338714007 lot of 7 dot coms ended 30-may-2009 winning bid $16.50 ($2.36 each):

RZSP
RVXO
RKLV
ULRZ
WSGX
XQCA
PXFI

•••
I have a pile on eBay as well that have so far today been selling for around $2 per (some as low as 99 cents which was the starting bid)..

ebay auction 160338714007 lot of 7 dot coms ended 30-may-2009 winning bid $16.50 ($2.36 each):

RZSP
RVXO
RKLV
ULRZ
WSGX
XQCA
PXFI

•••
Perfect examples of why eBay sales need to be taken with a grain of salt. There are too many factors.

Bad description, auction ending at near Midnight PST on a Saturday. No real surprise with the outcome.

Brad

RZSP
RVXO
RKLV
ULRZ
WSGX
XQCA
PXFI

•••
There are only 2 people who think this post is really important.

RZSP
RVXO
RKLV
ULRZ
WSGX
XQCA
PXFI

•••
SEIU.COM
$800
Afternic DLS recent sales

TOAT.COM
$600

•••
I ended up selling 106 on eBay today -- results were:

6 unsold despite a minimum bid of $0.99
15 sold for $0.99
27 sold for $5.00+
7 sold for $10.00+

Average sale price was $4.56. If you count the 6 which didn't sell at $0.99 as being sold for $0.99, the average would be $3.89.

All expired within a week and most would qualify as being "minimum wholesale" in quality. I had an asking price of $4.50 for all these domains elsewhere, so the results were pretty much around what I had expected. There were more sub-$2 sales than I thought there would be, however the $5+ sales balanced that out.

•••
Wow, this one was way under priced. Whoever sold this one got ripped off.

The buyer is Service Employers International Union (seiu.org)

"The Service Employees International Union is the largest and fastest growing union in North America, focused on uniting workers in the key service sectors to improve their lives and the services they provide."

Brad

SEIU.COM
$800

•••
I ended up selling 106 on eBay today -- results were:

6 unsold despite a minimum bid of $0.99
15 sold for $0.99
27 sold for $5.00+
7 sold for $10.00+

Average sale price was $4.56. If you count the 6 which didn't sell at $0.99 as being sold for $0.99, the average would be $3.89.

All expired within a week and most would qualify as being "minimum wholesale" in quality. I had an asking price of $4.50 for all these domains elsewhere, so the results were pretty much around what I had expected. There were more sub-$2 sales than I thought there would be, however the $5+ sales balanced that out.

That is a bit shocking frankly to see so many sell for 99 cents and some not even sell for that, I think now it would be fairly undeniable that the minimum is below $1. The only thing I could really suggest is starting at 1 cent.

To be honest I think the buyout is edging closer to failure. Would now say it is 50/50. All it would really take in my view is a few thousand drops in a short period or a couple more sellers trying to liquidate a thousand or two.

Last edited:
•••
I must admit Snoop -- I was quite shocked myself to see 6 of them not even get bids. Sure they weren't good LLLL.coms by any stretch of the word good but I still thought they'd get at least $2 or so...

Between the $0.15 listing fee, the 8.75% closing fee, and the 2-4% PayPal fee + the flat fee of I believe $0.30...

I got hit with so many fees on the $0.99 sales that I actually lost money by listing them.

That is a bit shocking frankly to see so many sell for 99 cents and some not even sell for that, I think now it would be fairly undeniable that the minimum is below $1. The only thing I could really suggest is starting at 1 cent.

•••
I don't see any way the buyout will fail. There are only 456K LLLL.com. The vast majority of those are not at risk of not being renewed. It is only a small fraction of the entire market that I would classify as truly "bad" names.

There are CVCV / VCVC / Quad / Triple / Pronounceable / Triple Repeats / Unique Patters / Chinese Quads / etc. There is a whole market outside this "minimum" that is all you ever talk about.

I am not sure a buyout even really matters to anything other than the worst of the worst. I am not sure why QZXJ.com being available would really effect the value of a quality LLLL.com

If you are a player in any auction venue right now, you will notice that the capital is just not there. It is a far better time to be a buyer now than seller across the board, especially for quality domains.

Brad

To be honest I think the buyout is edging closer to failure. Would now say it is 50/50. All it would really take in my view is a few thousand drops in a short period or a couple more sellers trying to liquidate a thousand or two.

•••
I don't see it failing either. The ones I sold on eBay today were the ones I had identified as likely being the worst of the entire 2800 LLLL.com lot I had for sale. There really aren't a whole lot of very terrible ones out there -- maybe 10,000 out of 456,976. In the scope of things, the very worst LLLL.coms are a very small fraction of the LLLL.com market. I would be much more worried about the future of the LLLL.com market if we saw quad premiums continue to decline (which they haven't).

FWIW, I have 238 LLLL.coms of only marginally higher quality in escrow for $1440 ($6.05 per). While the minimum wholesale may very well continue to decline, the higher quality LLLL.coms with bad letters have remained quite stable the past few months.

I completely agree with you about now really not being a good time to sell pretty much any domains.

I don't see any way the buyout will fail. There are only 456K LLLL.com. The vast majority of those are not at risk of not being renewed. It is only a small fraction of the entire market that I would classify as truly "bad" names.

There are CVCV / VCVC / Quad / Triple / Pronounceable / Triple Repeats / Unique Patters / Chinese Quads / etc. There is a whole market outside this "minimum" that is all you ever talk about.

I am not sure a buyout even really matters to anything other than the worst of the worst. I am not sure why QZXJ.com being available would really effect the value of a quality LLLL.com

If you are a player in any auction venue right now, you will notice that the capital is just not there. It is a far better time to be a buyer now than seller across the board, especially for quality domains.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Brad

456k is a huge number. On one hand you say I only ever talk about the minimum whilst you go on to talk about quality names as though it is relevant to the buyout holding. If the buyout fails it obviously won't be due to buyers not renewing high quality names.

Personally I think *if* the buyout fails then the entire market will drop by a very large % though, of course the lower quality the greater the effect. If it does fail over my advice would be to liquidate quality names quite quickly because I think the slide won't be all at once but rather gradual due to some people initially convincing themselves of the following, "I am not sure why QZXJ.com being available would really effect the value of a quality LLLL.com".

"I am not sure a buyout even really matters"

You are ahead of your time. Look for more and more people to start saying this. What else can be said?

•••
First of all, odds are the buyout will hold. I don't even really deal in low end LLLL.com, but at the same time I fail to see the logic why a handful of the worst LLLL.com being available would negatively effect a quality name.

Let's say DUMU.com is worth $2500 right now. If QZXJ.com is available is that all of a sudden going to devalue it? I sure don't think so. That logic makes no sense to me.

Brad

456k is a huge number. On one hand you say I only ever talk about the minimum whilst you go on to talk about quality names as though it is relevant to the buyout holding. If the buyout fails it obviously won't be due to buyers not renewing high quality names.

Personally I think *if* the buyout fails then the entire market will drop by a very large % though, of course the lower quality the greater the effect. If it does fail over my advice would be to liquidate quality names quite quickly because I think the slide won't be all at once but rather gradual due to some people initially convincing themselves of the following, "I am not sure why QZXJ.com being available would really effect the value of a quality LLLL.com".

You are ahead of your time. Look for more and more people to start saying this. What else can be said?

•••
That's been something I've long believed as well Snoop -- we saw quad premium prices rise very rapidly just before and after the buyout, so there is some connection there between the markets. I think the only LLLL.com market which wouldn't be affected would be the higher quality pronounceable LLLL.coms -- that's the one market which had value way before it was even considered a possibility by most that there would be an LLLL.com buyout. I do think we'd see the lower quality CVCVs fall as well but not the stuff like Vida, Loco, Kudo, Dato, etc -- most of the extremely pronounceable CVCVs are of course dictionary words in English or another popular language, so aside from having 4 letters they really don't have a whole lot in common with the rest of the LLLL.com market.

•••
That is a bit shocking frankly to see so many sell for 99 cents and some not even sell for that
Wasn't shocking at all to me. I knew some would go without bids and that many would stay at .99 cents; flooding eBay with the lowest quality LLLL never seems to work (no offense Reece). It worked a few days ago for ThisDot but that's because he had much better names, and some quads throw in. People were lining up waiting to bid that day.

Another new seller tried to list his very low-quality LLLL last month (I believe he had around 90 in one day) and many went unsold and many sold for pennies. I didn't even bother to post the sales for that day.

•••
None taken - even when LLLL.coms were in high demand back in '08, you still took a pretty sharp loss by selling them in bulk. That's obviously grown today.

I wouldn't have sold them this way except they're all expiring in under a week so I didn't want to chance not getting them sold , although if I knew some of them were going to go for 99 cents, I would have taken my chances.

Wasn't shocking at all to me. I knew some would go without bids and that many would stay at .99 cents; flooding eBay with the lowest quality LLLL never seems to work (no offense Reece). It worked a few days ago for ThisDot but that's because he had much better names, and some quads throw in. People were lining up waiting to bid that day.

Another new seller tried to list his very low-quality LLLL last month (I believe he had around 90 in one day) and many went unsold and many sold for pennies. I didn't even bother to post the sales for that day.

•••
If the buyout doesn't hold, all LLLL.com prices will be affected, no just 'bad' letter quality names. I said the same thing when lower quality name prices started dropping but people choose to believe what they want to.

We've already seen with the fall of lower quality name prices that the quads have come down to $100-$200 ea from the $400-$600 peaks.

As for cvcv and similar 'pronounceable' names, reseller price is already down, the only saving grace is that end users don't really care about reseller pricing.

•••
I think the pronouncable categorie is holding up pretty well.

random quads and triple premiums fell hard, and yea, antipremiums lost nearly all value.

BTW Reece - no offense but I really don't think its smart to list 100+ low quality LLLL.coms to end on the same day.. It's flooding ebay, there are just not enough buyers in one day to take them all home. I think you could have gotten at east $5 each if you listed like 5names/day.

Last edited:
•••
BTW Reece - no offense but I really don't think its smart to list 100+ low quality LLLL.coms to end on the same day.. It's flooding ebay, there are just not enough buyers in one day to take them all home. I think you could have gotten at east $5 each if you listed like 5names/day.

He has 2500 to sell, so following your suggestion of listing 5 per day it would take 500 days to sell them.

The reason why those names sold for the price they did is because they are worth very little. It is strange situation where someone selling $300 worth of domains would be considered by some to be "flooding the market". I really have a big question mark over the market through out the next drop season, whether the buyout holds or not it is going to be ugly in my view.

•••
Hi Tim,

Yeah I definitely would have gotten more had I not listed them in such a fashion -- the thing is, I have about 230 of them expiring in under a week. That was the first half I sold on eBay last night.

It's hard to stay organized selling 2800 LLLL.coms when people are buying, reserving, saying they'll buy and then not buying, taking days to pay, LLLL.coms in escrow, etc, so I prefer to sell them in large lots like this and verify that every domain is available to make sure I don't end up putting domains for sale which I've already sold or that I'm awaiting payment or a decision on.

I think the pronouncable categorie is holding up pretty well.

random quads and triple premiums fell hard, and yea, antipremiums lost nearly all value.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

And yeah - Snoop I have to agree with you about it being odd that such a small amount would result in lower prices.

He has 2500 to sell, so following your suggestion of listing 5 per day it would take 500 days to sell them.

The reason why those names sold for the price they did is because they are worth very little. It is strange situation where someone selling $300 worth of domains would be considered by some to be "flooding the market". I really have a big question mark over the market through out the next drop season, whether the buyout holds or not it is going to be ugly in my view.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back