Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
vlad74 said:
guys, what is the current price of acbb.com at NJ? I am out of this auction :(
It's at SN, not at NJ

•••
Ergo said:
It's at SN, not at NJ

thanks for correction, was a typo.

•••
Jay08 said:
I'm sure you will, but I fail to understand why?? It doesnt really pass any premium criteria cuz of X factor (other then CVCV pattern)

I whould like to bid double for it & it was in my biding list
but got few connection errors at last 10 minutes and lost biding on it

•••
BladeMaster said:
I whould like to bid double for it & it was in my biding list
but got few connection errors at last 10 minutes and lost biding on it

I wont.. :lol:

•••
I think that your prediction for the minimum wholesale price has a high probability of being right, especially if the reduction in the number of drops continues during 2009.

I also believe that llll.com's have a bright prospect in the long term. The most important unknown variable that we still have is how long and how hard this economic crisis is going to hit. But in general I think that those that can wait for the right moment to sell will obtain a nice profit.

-REECE- said:
Thanks for your kind words Bill :)

I was fairly certain all the renewals coming due would push down LLLL.com prices and they certainly did -- this giant recession wasn't on my roadmap however when I initially made that prediction in March and all things considered, the LLLL.com market has performed reasonably well -- quite well over the past few weeks.

You definitely have the right attitude about being prepared to sit on your better names however long necessary and that's the attitude I've developed for the large remainder of my holdings as well. If someone needs the money asap, they might as well sell now, take what likely will be a huge loss over what they paid and get on with life. For the rest of us, makes sense at this point to just wait it out unless you don't see the market coming back up. Personally, I think the minimum wholesale will be back around $10 within a few months. I don't like making too many predictions or long term predictions when there's so much unpredictability and uncertainty, however I feel reasonably confident saying I don't see the market going back down to $2 LLLL.coms again.

Last I heard, Warren Buffett was down $16 billion, so don't anyone here beat yourself down too much if you've lost money :)

•••
cvvv.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 510 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 5

----------------

there aren't many LLLL.com on Sedo recently

•••
DNK.it said:
cvvv.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 510 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 5

----------------

there aren't many LLLL.com on Sedo recently

Buyer has already paid and domain is the process of being transferred. I think this has to a record process for sedo, amazing!

•••
-REECE- said:
Last I heard, Warren Buffett was down $16 billion, so don't anyone here beat yourself down too much if you've lost money :)

Some really good points there Reece, just wanted to add that Buffett can probably afford to be down that much. For some of us here being down a lot means that we have to leave the domaining business "burned" :| .

Just wanted to add that domaining is still a relatively new industry, a ressesion will affect it but if you look at the positive side of this whole thing, it means that a lot of big invetors will be looking to invest their money somewhere else. And domains could be the industry where some major investors might turn to.

Also as people get to know more about the internet it will mean that the number of small investors will rise leading to more demand for certain domains such as LLLL.com.

But all this needs a bit of time so maybe in 2-5 years whoever has played their cards right now might be in a very good financial position. :|

•••
-REECE- said:
I don't like making too many predictions or long term predictions when there's so much unpredictability and uncertainty, however I feel reasonably confident saying I don't see the market going back down to $2 LLLL.coms again.

I bet he hasn't seen his investments fall 95-100% through buying highly speculative assets with no cashflow.

If the market goes back to $2 or not it doesn't really matter because with prices close to nothing on the the low end the main destroyer of value isn't price falls, it is the time value of reg fees, these names need to go up by 70 cents per month (about 20% per month at the low end) just to stay even.

•••
Neither have I :)

snoop said:
I bet he hasn't seen his investments fall 95-100% through buying highly speculative assets with no cashflow.

snoop said:
If the market goes back to $2 or not it doesn't really matter because with prices close to nothing on the the low end the main destroyer of value isn't price falls, it is the time value of reg fees, these names need to go up by 70 cents per month (about 20% per month at the low end) just to stay even.

My bet is they'll be at $10+ by March. So if we take the $2 they were at in October, add in 6 months @ 70 cents per month, that makes the real cost about $6.20. If they're at $10, that'd mean a profit of $10/$6.20 = 61%.

High risk, potentially high reward. How many people strike it rich by playing it safe?

•••
-REECE- said:
High risk, potentially high reward. How many people strike it rich by playing it safe?

I'd compare it more to gambling than anything, I haven't met any people who got rich by making bets over market direction for a few months, I've met lots of poor people who make those kind of bets though.

•••
Well I made a 600% return buying LLLL.coms when most people thought the market had no future. A few people I know made comparable returns in the LLL.mobi market buying in at landrush and selling at peak (still mad at myself for not doing that after writing a list pre-landrush >:( )

Timing the market can be very lucrative. Gambling? Maybe. I certainly wouldn't do it with money I couldn't afford to lose. At the same time, for those on a limited budget or those hoping to strike it rich, what other choice do they really have but to take large risks?

Food for thought (hypothetical example):

20k of LLL.mobis bought immediately after landrush (October 2006) @ $30 per = 666 LLL.mobi
666 LLL.mobi at peak (Jan-Feb 07) (approx $250 per on triple premiums) = $166500
$166500 in LLLL.coms pre-buyout (Sept 07) ($7 per) = 23,785 LLLL.coms
23,785 LLLL.coms at peak (Feb 08) ($55 per) = $1,308,175

Millionaire in 16 months off making 2 correct buy/sell decisions and having the balls to go all-in from an initial investment of $20000.

Big risks are the only way small players are going to get rich in this industry at this point.

snoop said:
I'd compare it more to gambling than anything, I haven't met any people who got rich by making bets over market direction for a few months, I've met lots of poor people who make those kind of bets though.

Last edited:
•••
-REECE- said:
Well I made a 600% return buying LLLL.coms when most people thought the market had no future. A few people I know made comparable returns in the LLL.mobi market buying in at landrush and selling at peak (still mad at myself for not doing that after writing a list pre-landrush >:( )

Timing the market can be very lucrative. Gambling? Maybe. I certainly wouldn't do it with money I couldn't afford to lose. At the same time, for those on a limited budget or those hoping to strike it rich, what other choice do they really have?

I don't think "most people thought the market had no future" at that point, quite the opposite. The point is you got in and then dumped at the right time, yet now we are to compare the people who bought in when everyone else was selling and have losses to Warren Buffet, as harsh as this may sound those people are the wood ducks I'm afraid.

•••
I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

Personally, I'm a big believer in the mobile web and I can't see how people with non-qwerty keyboards are going to want to be typing 10+ letter domains which amount to 30+ keystrokes. With 4 billion cell phone subscribers around the world, I do see these as good domains to use as shorthands, enabling mobile users a friendly alternative to that longer domain.

snoop said:
I don't think "most people thought the market had no future" at that point, quite the opposite. The point is you got in and then dumped at the right time, yet now we are to compare the people who bought in when everyone else was selling and have losses to Warren Buffet, as harsh as this may sound those people are the wood ducks I'm afraid.

•••
-REECE- said:
Food for thought (hypothetical example):

20k of LLL.mobis bought immediately after landrush (October 2006) @ $30 per = 666 LLL.mobi
666 LLL.mobi at peak (Jan-Feb 07) (approx $250 per on triple premiums) = $166500

Here is another example,

Spin 1 30k on 34 black = 36 X $20000 = $720,000
Spin 2 $720,000 on odds = 2 X $720,000 = $1.44 million

Seriously though, has anyone actually done what you are suggesting above, where are the people who have made millions from LLLL.com and LLL.mobi? And what does it have to do with the market today, with the domain boom now over and recession setting in?

•••
snoop said:
where are the people who have made millions from LLLL.com and LLL.mobi?

right here......i've made millions from LLL.mobi !

okay, just kidding. :p

i've got an experiment going on now.. a package of 6 LLL.mobi for $99 all with 1 full year registrations left. my my how the prices have fallen... soon the lowest quality ones will be back to reg-fee (at least temporarily)

i know i know, i've got to work on my sales pitch.

•••
-REECE- said:

Reece. This is just hypothetically. If you would have sold 24k LLLL.coms at peak, peak price would be far not $55 and closer to the price we have now.

•••
One person on this forum bought 4000 LLL.mobi pre-buyout -- he was sitting on a million dollars however for reasons unknown to me, he decided not to sell most of them and let them drop.

I think it's a lot safer than roulette Snoop -- just look at how many people have profited from buyouts versus gone bankrupt in them. I'd liken it more to betting on "black", however rather than it paying 2:1 it'll pay 3 or 4:1. You might get unlucky and go broke placing your large bet on it, you might walk away with a lot of money.

As I like to say, there's a probability attached to everything.

snoop said:
Here is another example,

Spin 1 30k on 34 black = 36 X $20000 = $720,000
Spin 2 $720,000 on odds = 2 X $720,000 = $1.44 million

Seriously though, has anyone actually done what you are suggesting above, where are the people who have made millions from LLLL.com and LLL.mobi? And what does it have to do with the market today, with the domain boom now over and recession setting in?

Ergo said:
Reece. This is just hypothetically. If you would have sold 24k LLLL.coms at peak, peak price would be far not $55 and closer to the price we have now.

Hard to say -- an answer would of course be hypothetical ;)

What we saw with .mobi (and many domain buyouts) is that when the last bit go extremely fast, it actually pushes the price up even faster as people who want in "don't want to miss the boat".

Last edited:
•••
-REECE- said:
One person on this forum bought 4000 LLL.mobi pre-buyout -- he was sitting on a million dollars however for reasons unknown to me, he decided not to sell most of them and let them drop.

the reason he told me was he was trying to control the supply... which did seem to work for quite a while.

im sure if he woulda tried to offload hundreds or thousands of them at a time for minimum pricing it would made the prices fall quicker. but i imagine he still would have made out pretty well.

•••
Ergo said:

The denial continues.

Last edited:
•••
Today at NameJet

virq.com $105
sxbj.com $70
palt.com $790

•••
mjnels said:
im sure if he woulda tried to offload hundreds or thousands of them at a time for minimum pricing it would made the prices fall quicker. but i imagine he still would have made out pretty well.

Yeah I think so. Sometimes you have to set new lows to sell.

Reminds me of the guy several months back trying to sell a huge lot of LLLL.com's on ebay, could have done well from it if he had just taken market price and got out.

•••
Today at TDNAM

tuiy.com $72
lvym.com $20
cjgk.com $25
pbvn.com $47
jtrw.com $35
jdnn.com $89
ifkj.com $25

10$ regfee added

•••
snoop said:
Sometimes you have to set new lows to sell.

completely agree.. although some folks call this 'killing the market'

but thats just slang for "i wish i could sell that low and still make a profit" :laugh:

•••
snoop said:
where are the people who have made millions from LLLL.com ?

I think I started sometime around this last year and I've made $xx,xxx so far merely by quick flipping LLLL.com's, so I am definitely in favor of LLLL.com's :hehe:

:sold: :sold:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back