Dynadot

The "I just bought it now appraise it" thread

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
So many folks are registering domains and then within a day asking for appraisals. Instead of creating endless threads asking for valuations, I figured we could combine appraisals for new domains in one thread :)

This mainly applies to .TVers but feel free to use it for whatever extension.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi there :)

There is already a what did you register today thread and areas for appraisals so not sure bunching them into one thread is a good idea :)
If you feel this is a good idea maybe run it by admin in the namepros info and suggestions.

Kind regards

•••
Hi there :)

There is already a what did you register today thread and areas for appraisals so not sure bunching them into one thread is a good idea :)
If you feel this is a good idea maybe run it by admin in the namepros info and suggestions.

Kind regards

For .tv alone there are several people each day asking for appraisals on names they just regged. A little silly IMO to ask for evaluations the day of a reg but I just thought it would be best to keep it all in one place!

•••
For .tv alone there are several people each day asking for appraisals on names they just regged. A little silly IMO to ask for evaluations the day of a reg but I just thought it would be best to keep it all in one place!

Especially funny when it's a premium that has been there available in broad daylight for everyone.

The fact is that in .TV its not an "appraisal thread" it's appraisals / industry news. Most people just want opinions on their domain -"Did I just mess up by paying $450 for stupid premium?"

Doesn't belong in the best-hand reg thread either.

It's kind of in the "I'm selling it" thread.

Should just rename the appraisal thread -

"What do you think/ideas/appraisal thread" and ask that the OP specifies whether they want ideas, opinions or appraisals.

•••
Making one thread for appraisal will not work. I think this idea was already tried and rejected. I think it would be better to have thread validity for appraisal section. It should get automatically deleted in a week or maybe the OP can choose when'..

•••
There is a limit of one appraisal request every 24 hours which is a help :)

I just think that peoples name will get lost in a whole list of names.

•••
I just think that peoples name will get lost in a whole list of names.

That's exactly why a thread like this is a good idea. Instead of mucking up the board asking for appraisals on day old domains, put them all in one place. The crap will get lost while names of quality can get appraised. If a new reg is great then I promise it won't get lost!

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

90% of new regs are garbage. Oh hey guys I just regged this 10 mins ago now can you give me an idea of what it's worth, lol.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back