IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

This can mean ... customer experience ... the registrar over-promise and under-deliver, too many leaving clients & you’ll want to make sure you communicate about it.

Rule #7 apply ... ask for feedback & push regbite - renewbite offer during and spam after a transaction.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Failure to provide auth codes should be reported to ICANN here:

https://icannportal.force.com/compliance/s/transfer

As noted above, it is a clear RAA violation not to provide the Auth Code on the required terms.

This does seem to indicate that whomever is running the registrar operation is new to the business. I've seen this sort of thing before where some yo-yo is put "in charge" of a registrar, and then re-invents the various business practices which the RAA evolved to prohibit.

Last edited:
•••
Try to get EPP to xfer out epik, anyone. You will get this!
IMG_5252.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
contacting via chat? Will they ask to stay, or offer discounts?
Far better than this: They seem to have removed the chat :xf.grin:

To get the auth code, you must contact them via chat, and there is no chat.

I can confirm @Samer message, I get the same
I was going to try to get one to see how it goes, but I do not see any chat icon anymore, on my end
And no possibility to access it anywhere. Does that work for someone?

Maybe a legitimate "technical improvement" during the week-end? Hard to believe.
We have already seen that movie before...

They have a link to transfer things over to them at the bottom of their homepage, and even this one seem to not work!
Epik-Homepage.png

Last edited:
•••
some chat icons are not shown with adblock enabled. @DomainsGENERAL.com do you use adblock?

•••
Get those complaints into ICANN toot-suite.

•••
some chat icons are not shown with adblock enabled. @DomainsGENERAL.com do you use adblock?
Nope.
I used to be able to initiate a chat with them without problem not that long ago.
Just go to their homepage, the chat icon was accessible without needing to be registrered or logged in.
Do you manage to see an icon to open a chat session with them?

•••
•••
I used to be able to initiate a chat with them without problem not that long ago.
Just go to their homepage, the chat icon was accessible without needing to be registrered or logged in.
Do you manage to see an icon to open a chat session with them?
Nothing. Neither on homepage. Nor in contacts section. My browser is too restrictive though...

•••
•••
Nothing. Neither on homepage. Nor in contacts section. My browser is too restrictive though...

It's a very recent change. The chat option was there for me earlier tonight. Now it seems to have disappeared.

•••
•••
In August or early September, this registrar will reach a Breaking Point. You may be able to prevent depression / mental burnout by accepting all possible $ losses.

Sort of IMO

Regards

•••
Btw, it may still be possible to obtain authcodes via either mobile app (unsure does Epik offer it?) OR via API. Disabling authcodes for API users would be illogical, what they expect, resellers chatting on behalf of endusers? Depending on epik setup, API credentials may (or may not) be obtained instantly, and a static IP should probably be required.

Last edited:
•••
In August or early September, this registrar will reach a Breaking Point. You may be able to prevent depression / mental burnout by accepting all possible $ losses.

Sort of IMO

Regards

I never anticipated them to get through 2023 anyway. Given new issues I doubt ICANN will fall for it and approve the transfer of the registrar to a newly anonymous LLC who is obviously violating the RAA.

•••
It makes me wonder what noob purchased epik inc.

How do they come up with this level of incompetence.?

They hired Brian Royce, who was clueless. Now they were bought by a company just as clueless but able to dedicate 50(?) people of their staff to support (MIA)?

They're so full of it.

Last edited:
•••
i just got the EPP in email…
You dont see it on epik screen anymore

•••
I did actually receive the auth code by email!?
Their website didn't say anything about it, and the email landed in the spam folder :/

I don't know if it has been automatic when I unlocked the domain, or if they did it manually by following here!?
It could be automatic according to the time of the email

•••
•••
i just got the EPP in email…
You dont see it on epik screen anymore.
But they email you the code if you access that screen.

Definitely stranger, needs to further confirmation, EPP code was sent; —i never talked to chat; so just reaching this page; should do the trick and EPP will be emailed (make sure not in junk) —Wow, big change!

Last edited:
•••
the email landed in the spam folder
it was frequently the case, even in their best days. They never fixed an issue with epik dot com being in various blocklists (spam).

•••
How do they come up with this level of incompetence.?

It's pretty classic. Having dealt with compliance issues for several registrars over the years, it happens that indeed once in a while management of a larger organization will grab someone and say "hey, run the registrar, and ask JB if you run into any problems." No one is born knowing the umpteen dozen things you need to know, but on other hand ICANN does require that anyone running a registrar designate someone to take their training course:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registrar-training-resources-2015-09-23-en

Take it. It's fun.

But, anyway, ICANN requires someone in the organization to have done that. Typically, that person or persons will eventually move on, and new people will not even know the course exists.

So, they will look at what is going on, such as at Epik, and say, "Aha, the problem is that people are moving their names out," review the process and decide to come up with the brilliant idea of making people jump through flaming hoops.

For example, there was once a registrar who required registrants to download a form, fill it out, sign it, and mail it to an address on a South Pacific island, in order to approve a transfer. Oh, and they had to receive the form within something like four days of the transfer request.

That was one of the original issues tackled by the first ICANN Transfer Policy working group since, among other things, once Network Solutions was no longer the monopoly registrar, one of the primary growth pathways for new registrars was to persuade people to transfer their names out of Network Solutions. It took quite a few years for Netsol's dominance to fade, and I'd be willing to bet that a good chunk of their customer base consists of people who still think they are the only place to register a name.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back