NameSilo

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like a really big fish caught in the net.

It's him?

johnrampton.com

linkedin.com/in/johnrampton

twitter.com/johnrampton
Well, that review by John Rampton brings up a lot of very troubling claims.

He seems to have quite an impressive track record in business, if you look at his website or LinkedIn profile.

If that review is really from a guy with 1.2M followers on Twitter, Epik has really stepped in it.

For the sake of due diligence, I will tweet him and ask him to confirm that he left the review.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don’t know a single person who got their funds. Do you guys know anyone?

•••
Maybe Brian is the backbone of the company now.

There's a really good joke in that but I restrain myself from making it.

•••
I don’t know a single person who got their funds. Do you guys know anyone?
I saw at least one report of someone being paid out via Paypal, but that seems like the outlier.
Everyone else seems to be stuck in some form of KYC hell or "pending" status.

Brad

•••
•••
Looks like a really big fish caught in the net.

It's him?

johnrampton.com
Yes, very likely.

G search reveals the following: "John Rampton is an entrepreneur, investor, online marketing guru and startup enthusiast. He is founder of the online payments company Due...". As such, this person is a pro in finances. So, his review is extremely valuable.

I'm unsure why didn't a professional in finances use escrow.domains run by Stevan Lieberman for such a large transaction though (as it would indeed be "a trusted escrow provider" /phrase from trustpilot review/) , or Sedo. Honestly, I cannot think of anybody else for 400K transaction. But, discussing one's preferences makes no sense and would be offtopic. What's done is done.

References to frozen bank account and all the history are of particular interest, but it is hard to understand what really happened and how. Did the buyer wire payment to frozen bank account? Was the bank account frozen after the payment? Was the bank account frozen because of this payment? Etc, etc...

In any case, if it is indeed J.R. we found online, he will likely not stop on trustpilot, and peform more actions soon...

•••
Hopefully these all aren't part of stalling tactics
To me, it really does look like it since the beginning.
When the "updated" website came up, I though I was being proven wrong. But now, I have a feeling they're back to buying time. They actually never stopped.

The "frozen" bank account theory would make sense. E wouldn't have access to the funds to be able to pay, but they hope the situation will get sorted out!?

•••
To me, it really does look like it since the beginning.
When the "updated" website came up, I though I was being proven wrong. But now, I have a feeling they're back to buying time. They actually never stopped.

The "frozen" bank account theory would make sense. E wouldn't have access to the funds to be able to pay, but they hope the situation will get sorted out!?
There is an old saying that goes “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all”.

Though, I think using that in the business world is quite the novel approach.
It would also explain the radio silence.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Bank account frozen... or empty? Those sums are big enough to take the money and run, or just exit through the back door.

•••
And, we should not forget about periodic failures w/renewals and new regs @ Epik. It supports the theory that their bank account (one of accounts?) is indeed frozen. So they likely are/were unable to maintain enough prepaid balance @ various registries...

•••
•••
This entire situation reminds me of this meme -

1665772505218.png

•••
•••
•••
It’s time to write Trustpilot reviews again.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, he is followed by 30+ people I follow on Twitter, and I don't even follow that many people.

Brad
He is following almost half a million people and he does not get likes on his twitter account.

•••
Last edited:
•••
John is an Epik customer, his name was in the leaks from last year.

•••
A bit strange that he mentions Metropolitan Commercial Bank being Epik's bank, because on all invoices I have received from Epik in a long time, they state that they use Chase. Oddly, they don't include the account number, though:

Make Payment to Epik Holdings Inc
Bank Address: Chase Bank,
2950 Issaquah-Pine Lake Rd,
Sammamish, WA 98075

•••
Bank account frozen... or empty? Those sums are big enough to take the money and run, or just exit through the back door.

True.

Figures here and on trustpilot, there's at least 720k USD of people's money being held.

That's enough money to live a nice life in most countries of the world.

Plus, the way this is being handled is exactly how Ponzi companies handle their crashes.

On my end, I've been steadily using my $400 on Epik to acquire some domains.

After that, I'm done.

•••
I have never seen a thread with 72 pages on Namepros.

•••
•••
•••
It appears Brian the CEO needs to approve larger payments, even after Masterbucks is back online, and he is not able to be contacted.
How convenient for Epik.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back