NameSilo

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they're still gambling on crypto at this point they're crazier than we think :)
According to this article, Epik holds no Bitcoin... Rob however?

https://www.criticalhit.net/technol...er-has-to-repay-the-debt-he-owes-the-company/

When asked about whether Epik was holding cryptocurrencies and waiting for their value to increase, Brian Royce said “No bitcoin is being held at Epik. Rob Monster had a private wallet that was never turned over to the new CEO, later the new CEO also found out that Rob Monster had a Private wallet on his laptop and a Binance account that was also never disclosed”. He failed to confirm whether Epik held other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, which some customers have been paid with. The revelation that Monster had substantial sums in crypto wallets adds weight to the possibility that Monster used Epik customer’s funds to invest in the crypto markets.

•••
According to this article, Epik holds no Bitcoin... Rob however?

https://www.criticalhit.net/technol...er-has-to-repay-the-debt-he-owes-the-company/

When asked about whether Epik was holding cryptocurrencies and waiting for their value to increase, Brian Royce said “No bitcoin is being held at Epik. Rob Monster had a private wallet that was never turned over to the new CEO, later the new CEO also found out that Rob Monster had a Private wallet on his laptop and a Binance account that was also never disclosed”. He failed to confirm whether Epik held other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, which some customers have been paid with. The revelation that Monster had substantial sums in crypto wallets adds weight to the possibility that Monster used Epik customer’s funds to invest in the crypto markets.

They're full of shit. When they were hacked their Coinbase account was compromised, almost resulting in a 100K loss.

Could've been robs personal account though. Hard to tell when a company is commingling funds.

•••
Do you guys have two factor on?
No, because I don’t trust that text notifications will always work. Maybe, if they used an authenticator app.

•••
No, because I don’t trust that text notifications will always work. Maybe, if they used an authenticator app.
Pretty sure they do.

•••
NameLiquidate doesn't seem to be working anymore.

My expiring Epik domains use to go there automatically. Now they don't. 🙁

Anyone else seen this?

•••
I own up to 6200usd at Epik and no answer was given since then from any Epik agent!!! Brian Royce said that he can handle crypto cashout but no further answer from him!!!

There is nothing we can do to recover our money? I can't even transfer out my valuable domains from there since I can't cover the transfer itself!!!!

•••
Yeah, it is pretty messed up when you come in as an agent of good (or God) to supposedly help the people in countries that need it the most.

Then instead of helping, you just create a trail of victims who are the least likely to be able to afford that loss.

Some of the reviews are heartbreaking. People owe money for medical bills, lost their jobs, are in war torn countries.

Epik "sold" a domain for @Kathleen Kalaf and gave her $91K in magic beans. This was money she was relying on for retirement.

@Igor Gabrielan from Ukraine is owed $55K.

Epik doesn't give a shit.

Brad

Kathleen sold her domain candida dot com for $100,000. She should get $100,000! The idea that Epik is still charging people fees for "escrow" or "brokerage" or whatever is beyond ridiculous. They should remove fees, pay full sale price and maybe even pay interest on the money they held.

Also, let's stop playing around. More than likely these domains didn't sell to anyone but rather Monster used that fraudster, Tony or one of his other agents, to purchase those domain on Epik's behalf so Monster could put them under Epik's assets column, probably for massively inflated valuations. And it would not surprise me in the least if Monster used these "assets" as leverage to take out some loan sharkish loans in Epik's name and pocketed that money.

Anyone aware of these crimes and not revealing is helping to cover them up, keeping them from the original domain owners and authorities should be and would be considered complicit.

Let's hope for everyone's sake that Kathleen and the others are paid out in full first thing next thing.

Last edited:
•••
I am assuming he wanted to actually be paid for work, so it probably put him in a tough position as Epik doesn't seem to have sufficient capital to operate.

He was probably not willing to take Masterbucks as payment either. :ROFL:

It would make it too easy to screw someone over, like what happened to May Chen -

Show attachment 230712
Not sure what the situation is there but since Epik seems to be out of the domain biz they probably don't need him any more.

That May girl seems a bit sketchy to me but is wrong for Epik to pay her, Rampton, another guy who sold a domain for $500K, that guy who claimed to be part of Monster's money laundering network, etc etc all out in full and haven't given Kathleen or others a dime.

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if he plans to come here and adjust his profile to show he is no longer with Epik?

He has been MIA here: 'Last seen Sep 2, 2022'
Probably not, because he would get pummeled with questions with no real upside for him to get involved. He seems like the kind of guy not really interested in others.

•••
Epik down to 2.9 on TrustPilot now, with this latest report about them not bothering to actually register the domains that people pay for.

At least this person was finally able to register the domain, when they used a competent registrar.

Epik is essentially not even a registrar at this point if they can't process registrations and renewals.

2.9.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Epik down to 2.9 on TrustPilot now, with this latest report about them not bothering to actually register the domains that people pay for.

At least this person was finally able to register the domain, when they used a competent registrar.

Epik is essentially not even a registrar at this point if they can't process registrations and renewals.

Show attachment 230777
So in summary it looks like Epik took payment, didn't register the domains, and then gave them "store credit".

It kind of seems like a scheme to turn actual money into worthless credit.

What is the point of store credit if you can't even use it for registrations/renewals or withdraw it?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Another one for sale, Toki.com.
Of all the brands in the Epik ecosystem, the majority of domain names are now for sale. They are not even trying to sell the business and goodwill, just the domain names. Very clever.

Another one for sale: CloudChase.com ("Bunker Hosted resilient servers that will guarantee resource exclusivity").

Another one for sale: CustomerSupport.co ("Cost-effective and versatile solution for online chat support with integrated ticketing system").

Another one for sale: DNEncrypt.com ("DNEncrypt leverages the market-leading hosting and domain services of Epik and the SSL expertise of Sectigo to provide you with the best possible website security services.").

Another one for sale: DNProtect.com ("The Internet's leading risk management service for internet domain names.").

Another one for sale: eRise.org ("eRise Innovative Partnerships for Digital Empowerment – is a non-profit organization that has been established to Digitally Empower communities with little or no internet connectivity").

Another one for sale: FullVenue.com ("FullVenue.com is an online event booking platform with features for running events of any size").

Another one for sale: LiteReader.com ("LiteReader allows you to transform a PDF and a domain into an interactive, hosted flipbook").

Another one for sale: NameBrokers.com ("NameBrokers.com finds, acquires, and places high value digital assets for complete market domination. NameBrokers is backed by Epik.com").

Another one for sale: NameInvestors.com ("NameInvestors, The World's first powerful All In One Widget Toolbox for domainers, absolutely free.").

Another one for sale: PetitionBook.com ("Making petitions fair, reliable and free is our goal").

Another one for sale: WatchMask.com ("A tool for watching online videos without being tracked, and part of the Anonymize.com family of privacy products").

Another one for sale: Websites.org ("A free online service to download optimized versions of entire websites for fast and private offline viewing").

Another one for sale: WhoQ.com ("WhoQ.com is a GDPR-compliant solution for WHOIS records that works for conventional and blockchain domains which leaves registrants in control of their public data").

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 23-51-44 Epik Single Sign On - FederatedIdentity.com.png

Last edited:
•••
So in summary it looks like Epik took payment, didn't register the domains, and then gave them "store credit".

It kind of seems like a scheme to turn actual money into worthless credit.

What is the point of store credit if you can't even use it for registrations/renewals or withdraw it?

Brad
Possibly, another option, which I think is actually the case with several domains, including candida dot com, is that Epik never sold the domain, pretended to sell it, took possession of the domain for themselves and gave owner the mastercucks. And then used domain in their own account as collateral for more loans. Actually, even better scam because they can grossly inflate the value of domain and then probably leverage 5:1 or maybe even 10:1. Put loan in Epik's name, hide money and then get "forced" out of the company.

It is like a guy who buys a car on loan and then puts it up on blocks and pieces it out. When the bank comes to repo the car there is nothing left.

•••
Of all the brands in the Epik ecosystem, the majority of domain names are now for sale. They are not even trying to sell the business and goodwill, just the domain names. Very clever.

Another one for sale: CloudChase.com ("Bunker Hosted resilient servers that will guarantee resource exclusivity").

Another one for sale: CustomerSupport.co ("Cost-effective and versatile solution for online chat support with integrated ticketing system").

Another one for sale: DNEncrypt.com ("DNEncrypt leverages the market-leading hosting and domain services of Epik and the SSL expertise of Sectigo to provide you with the best possible website security services.").

Another one for sale: DNProtect.com ("The Internet's leading risk management service for internet domain names.").

Another one for sale: eRise.org ("eRise Innovative Partnerships for Digital Empowerment – is a non-profit organization that has been established to Digitally Empower communities with little or no internet connectivity").

Another one for sale: FullVenue.com ("FullVenue.com is an online event booking platform with features for running events of any size").

Another one for sale: LiteReader.com ("LiteReader allows you to transform a PDF and a domain into an interactive, hosted flipbook").

Another one for sale: NameBrokers.com ("NameBrokers.com finds, acquires, and places high value digital assets for complete market domination. NameBrokers is backed by Epik.com").

Another one for sale: NameInvestors.com ("NameInvestors, The World's first powerful All In One Widget Toolbox for domainers, absolutely free.").

Another one for sale: PetitionBook.com ("Making petitions fair, reliable and free is our goal").

Another one for sale: WatchMask.com ("A tool for watching online videos without being tracked, and part of the Anonymize.com family of privacy products").

Another one for sale: Websites.org ("A free online service to download optimized versions of entire websites for fast and private offline viewing").

Another one for sale: WhoQ.com ("WhoQ.com is a GDPR-compliant solution for WHOIS records that works for conventional and blockchain domains which leaves registrants in control of their public data").

Show attachment 230780
What about robmonster dot com? Looks like it might have sold. I'd like to buy that and put a bunch of links to this thread and various articles.

•••
The current status of Epik's Sibyl.li website ("Sibyl provides world class solutions for resilient hosting, including VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation and managed OpenStack") is a Critical Error:

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 23-58-30 Critical Error.png

Last edited:
•••
Epik's Armored.net website ("Armored.net provides secure cloud-based file storage with end to end encryption with one-time forever plans") isn't working for me.

•••

Show attachment 230780
This kind of brings up the question of how many of these were even viable to start with?

Epik seems to have gone down a path with all these side projects instead of just focusing on their core business.

Brad

•••
•••
This kind of brings up the question of how many of these were even viable to start with?

Epik seems to have gone down a path with all these side projects instead of just focusing on their core business.

Brad
It is a valuation grift ala dotcom bubble days. They "enter" different verticals, cite numbers and growth, claim market share and apply multiplier. That was always Monster's core business.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
You hear very few people complaining about all these discontinued Epik services and products.

The only one that I know of is Bill, who lost his domain name and business.

•••
You hear very few people complaining about all these discontinued Epik services and products.

The only one that I know of is Bill, who lost his domain name and business.
Yeah, most of these other companies or services seemed rather irrelevant.

There is almost like a fake it until you make it vibe, with a company trying to appear like they are a much larger player than they actually are.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Rob, I know you're reading along. What do you make of what Brian is doing with your Epik heritage?

•••
Rob, I know you're reading along. What do you make of what Brian is doing with your Epik heritage?
Well, considering Rob is reportedly still the Chairman and 70%+ shareholder, you could argue it is a tacit endorsement.

What is stopping him from taking over control of the company? There is obviously more to that story.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back