NameSilo

Multi-faith prayer request (Editable thread)

Labeled as other in Editable Discussions started by Rob Monster, Nov 18, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

NamePros created a new thread category where your posts remain editable after you post. I have an immediate thought for how to put that capability to use, and that is an ongoing thread for prayer requests.

Prayer warriors from any faith are welcome to follow this thread and intercede for folks who are running into some adverse circumstance or challenge, are at an important crossroad, etc.

Even if you have no faith, send kind thoughts.

Since the posts are editable, posters can come back later and add a post-script to about whether some issue was resolved or was otherwise overcome, or posted can just white it out.

The main thing is to just send good thoughts to whoever needs them. If others want to PM someone about their challenge or circumstance, by all means have at it.

That's it. If the thread goes nowhere, no worries.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020 at 1:38 AM
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. BradWilson

BradWilson Upgraded Member Gold Account

This is another excellent idea from you @Rob Monster so let me be the first(?) to post a prayer request.

I've had a very challenging year assisting my elderly father before, during and after we lost my step-mother.

Now he is not doing well himself and may not be around too much longer, although he may surprise us all and last another 10 years which truly seems very unlikely.

To add to this, we have completely different personalities and have never gotten along at all so dealing with him is extremely difficult.

For me, I feel I'm helping him because he's my father and it's the right thing to do. Even though it's very clear no one else would be willing to give up everything like I have for him. So any prayers for him and also for me would be most appreciated.

P.S. as I was writing this I had to stop because he called me and the very first thing I did in the new year/decade was to empty out his plastic urinal smh.

BTW, I'm a former Navy Hospital Corpsman so I do have some ancient experience doing this type of thing UGH!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  3. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

I too gave up everything for a few years to take care of my elderly mother until she had to be moved into hospice. It cost me two fairly successful businesses but I would happily do it again. This was several years ago and I still think of the times I could have done a little more (small things like going to a local restaurant to get her favorite egg roll). I will pray for comfort for your father and for you to have strength to continue giving him care.

4. Rob Monster

Dear Brad,

I sent up a big prayer this morning for you and your Dad before daybreak.

As context, my mother in law passed away in early 2018. There was a tribute video for her at her memorial service. It is a bit of a tearjerker for those who knew her so I will share this as context:

The point here is that I write this to you while vacationing in Mexico with my father in law, Glenn.

Years ago, he relayed to me how frustrated he was caring for his ailing wife of more than 50 years. She was largely wheelchair bound, and needed constant care.

You see, Glenn was an avid outdoorsman. He loves to deep sea fish and is also a very capable hunter. Much of that life was out the window. He was also feeling his age.

I suggested to him to reconsider his view and to seek a "servant's heart", to find joy in being able to care for his wife and to use the downtime to grow in other ways, e.g. reading scripture, prayer, meditation, etc.

He relayed to me a few months later that this shift changed everything. He became the most gifted and loving caregiver, and he now cherishes the last few years of married life that they enjoyed together.

So, as with turning lemons into lemonade, my prayer is that you find joy in this role and that you are blessed abundantly for caring for your Dad.

Here is a picture of my wife, Jill, and Glenn enjoying a little excursion to Puerto Escondido last week. He misses his wife very much but as you can see, he is a jovial guy who found joy and purpose.

glenn-beckman.jpg

Now, Glenn just has to figure out what to do with the rest of his life. He is 85, with a new knee. He got a FitBit for Christmas and walks 10,000+ steps daily without much effort.

So, I invite you to enjoy the season with your Dad, and count yourself blessed to have this time. And if you share your Dad's name, I and others will pray over him.

5. BradWilson

Wow, that was very emotional and definitely NOT just "a bit of a tearjerker".

Thank you so much for sharing this video and your words and especially your prayers. I'm still moved by all of it.

My father's name is Jim and my stepmothers name was Marge. She passed away almost exactly a year after your mother in law and I was touched profoundly by how similar she seems to Marge. Unlike my father, she was extremely kind and loving and I cared for her deeply. And in fact, I considered her my second mother.

My father and I are I guess connected by how much we each loved her and miss her deeply.

It's difficult to really appreciate someone while in the middle of all the chaos and struggles. I know I'm finally growing up because of this whole experience and I'm 57 so it's about time right? :)

I can already see the blessings because my two sons have seen my example and have told me how much they appreciate me helping out.

I guess being exhausted from having no break for the last 13 months is a small price to pay because once this time is over I'll know I did everything I could and have no regrets.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom, your video and your prayers.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  6. BradWilson

Thank you for sharing this and for your prayers I appreciate it very much.

7. Shackleton

Shackleton Established Member

8. NameDeck

NameDeck SaveDotOrg.org VIP

" If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

- John 15:7

9. Rob Monster

Welcome to the Prayer thread. Prayer sent.

First of all, I am guessing that you, like most folks here on NP, have it relatively good, i.e. not fleeing some immediate traumatic circumstance or living in the streets. While our lives might not all be charmed, it could be worse. Pop culture might might have us convinced that we need a new this or that, or fame or fortune. Yet, these things are all temporal when the real rewards are eternal.

King Solomon was the richest man that ever lived. He was deemed extremely wise. I am not sure if his 700 wives and 300 concubines helped him much there, but this was the guy who literally had it all and then some. Read what the Queen of Sheba says about him in 1 Kings 10:7. She was probably quite the hottie, and she ends up having one of King Solomon's kids - Menelik I in the 10th century BC.

So, suffice it to say that Solomon had it all. He ended up writing much of Psalms and Proverbs among other texts. You have heard the proverb of "A fool and his money are soon parted"? Well that is a paraphrase of Proverbs 21:20 -- written by, you guessed it, King Solomon, the richest guy of all time. Late in life, he said this:

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. - Ecclesiastes 9:11

In other words, you can work your tail off, as many here do, but whether or not you get to sell a domain for 6 figures is largely providence, i.e. luck! Some folks buy lottery tickets. Others buy and sell domains. The point is then what will you do with your good fortune when your ship does come in?

Speaking of calling out in an hour of need, I was just reading this story about some persecuted Chinese Christians:

upload_2020-2-15_17-51-6.png

The rest of the article is here. I happened to stumble across the article while trying to get to the bottom of the story of what is really going on in China with the Coronavirus. You find articles like this one. The point is that we all have our hours of abundance, but also moments of need or even crisis. Sometimes those are just wake-up calls to remind us of our mortal frame or human limitations.

The moral of the story is that an all-knowing God knows whats you need -- after all He not only knows every hair on your head but knows every electron in every atom in every hair. He might not give you what you want, but He will try to steer you towards what you need and direct you to the path that He had in mind for you when you were first conceived. The clues and hints are there if we bother to look.

Some related thoughts:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/so...ave-to-do-with-it.1161411/page-6#post-7477796

Hope it helps. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020 at 2:41 AM
  10. DoughMayne

DoughMayne Established Member

11. .X.

.X. God is great Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Prayers for you and your family, Brad.

I think in your case you feel this is a calling to take care of your father, God will send us duties when don't even understand, but because our faith leads our life, we follow through with Gods wishes.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice