Domain Empire

question The first sale..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I did this sale a while back to one of the members here. I sold laptopchat.com for $20. Did I get ripped?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you think you were "ripped"?

•••
I don't think you can consider yourself being ripped if that was the price you both agreed on... of course, you could have waited to get other (perhaps more interesting) offers.

•••
Thats the thing, do you think $20 is too little?

•••
no if the name hadn't traffic ...... :lol:

•••
I would have bought it from you for about $30... so i would say it could have sold slightly higher, yes......

•••
Unknown said:
I did this sale a while back to one of the members here. I sold laptopchat.com for $20. Did I get ripped?

I think you could of sold it for mid-high $xx if you would of waited for the right offer to come around, however it's water under the bridge at this point. There's other variations of the domain that could be boughten such as laptoptalk.com, laptopforum.com, etc that would make it hard to receive a premium price for it.

It's a learning process for you though as I'm sure you've already figured out and as long as you learn from those mistakes, then you'll become a stronger domainer. I'm sure the majority of us here have had a sale or two that we wish we could do over, oh well one can only bite the bullet and move on. But I wouldn't say you got completely ripped off though because even though you settled for a lower price you still made a few bucks off it if you registered it for under $20. :talk:

I see in the title you've got first sale, if it was your first sale then congratulations! I wish you the best of luck in the future! :) *<|

Last edited:
•••
I think Chis said it very nicely. You may have been able to get slightly more, but don't look back! :)

•••
heck if i sell anything over reg fee than iam happy with it .
i think $20 was reasonable . but thats just me lol

•••
Im sure the buyer will be pleased to hear you ask other npr's whether they think he ripped you off...... :(

•••
I just noticed laptophouse.com is available- maybe you can try again!

best regards,
Andrew
(PS please send namebucks tip if you use this info)

•••
collieri said:
Im sure the buyer will be pleased to hear you ask other npr's whether they think he ripped you off...... :(

Its defeintly not his fault. I was new, its my fault. I'm asking whether I accepted too soon.

•••
Oh fine, but you better be careful because theres a world of difference between asking if you sold too soon and asking
Unknown said:
Did I get ripped?

Imho, no you didnt. This name was never gonna make you rich so If you held out for a year or so and then sold for $50 ......

•••
Actions are by intentions buddy :) But you are right, the way I worded it was defiently wrong.

•••
Opps. Sorry wrong thread.

Last edited:
•••
Well huge domains is selling Laptoptalk.com for $3095, but that seems a bit high to me. :) "chat" is probably not as good as "talk", so I shouldn't feel too bad. If you made a profit, then that's good, and you can move on and rinse and repeat.

I don't think I've ever sold a name that I haven't under-valued, well in my opinion anyway. :)

•••
Great sale. And if you made roi, then you weren't ripped

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back