Domain Empire

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're close actually. Will admit I'm impressed. Can you explain what you mean though? Ether you're slightly off and I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Nope. Now I understand. Totally wrong lol.

•••
Lets put some of the maths geeks thinking a little. This one's really easy... it's like shelling peas.
14237573_1218251284862710_1073251647282227966_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure you're all wrong, including the graphic.

1+4 = 5
2+5 = 7
3+6 = 9
8+11 = 19

Shout out to Ms. McKenzie and my first grade class.

Stretching

Squats
Leg Press
Deadlift
Leg Curls ( front & back )

Cool down

What is your Goal ⁉️

Macros?
Split?
Preworkout?

I got chest/tris/bis/abs today. Brutal day, on 3 day split because of schedule, might go to 4 soon.

Workout will be powered by first half of Sleeping With The Enemy

Last edited:
•••
I got chest/tris/bis/abs today. Brutal day, on 3 day split because of schedule, might go to 4 soon.
Doing a 3 day split now as well. WS4SB to be exact... today is off, tomorrow will be the repetition day.

•••
$20 to the first person who figures this out by 12:01am EST on 9/29/2016.

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 6
1 + 3 = 9
1 + 4 = 12

Edit: It appears everyone is away so I extended the contest.

Last chance peeps. 3 more hours.

Simply tell me what the connection is...

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Number 2= $2 deposit
Interest + withdrawal welcome

Last edited:
•••
•••
$20 to the first person who figures this out by 12:01am EST on 9/29/2016.

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 6
1 + 3 = 9
1 + 4 = 12

Edit: It appears everyone is away so I extended the contest.

@Addison

It's modular math. The linking factor is that the mod is growing by 2.

•••
@Addison

It's modular math. The linking factor is that the mod is growing by 2.

Hmmm I don't get it. How is the mod growing by "2" ... I see sequential growth on the second integer (number aftter the "+" sign) and then on the answer (after equal sign) I see the growth going from 4 to 3 and 3....lol. Man.. @Shane Bellone -I'm gonna kill you....u have just confused the fck out of me and triggered my OCD reaction into "HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT" mode...:ahhh:

•••
Hmmm I don't get it. How is the mod growing by "2" ... I see sequential growth on the second integer (number aftter the "+" sign) and then on the answer (after equal sign) I see the growth going from 4 to 3 and 3....lol. Man.. @Shane Bellone -I'm gonna kill you....u have just confused the fck out of me and triggered my OCD reaction into "HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT" mode...:ahhh:

I'll help you out. :)

Take the last equation for example...

1 + 4 = 12

n1 = m * q + r
12 = 7 * 1 + 5

n2 = m * q + r
5 = 7 * 0 + 5

Therefore 5 = 12 in Mod 7

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if the campsite we kids used 60 years ago will be found in the future?
And what they will surmise from what they find.

Then I remember, I can have scotch now.

I also remember, I do not have to worry about any math problems....

•••
I'll help you out. :)

Take the last equation for example...

n1 = m * q + r
12 = 7 * 1 + 5

n2 = m * q + r
5 = 7 * 0 + 5

Therefore 5 = 12 in Mod 7

You are saying the following?

(1 + 1) Mod 1 = 2 Mod 1 = 0
(1 + 2) Mod 3 = 6 Mod 3 = 3
(1 + 3) Mod 5 = 9 Mod 5 = 4
(1 + 4) Mod 7 = 12 Mod 7 = 5

You are saying that you can apply a different function to both sides of 4 equations and that somehow makes them related?

It's not modular arithmetic but remainders... because while it's true that 5 + 7 = 5 there is no 12 in a mod 7 system. I assume you mean applying the modulus function with an increasing divisor from 1 by 2.
Related. Not the same.

Finding patterns in series is actually interesting because you're looking for ONE function. This is looking a function to apply to 4 equations to make them TRUE.. and then finding the pattern in those which is not interesting :)

The one thing that's at least an improvement on the previous example is that at least you are trying to make each statement mathematically true whereas the other example just leaves them false and people just accept that is somehow ok. They look up the answer online and accept that the see something that seems reasonable and agree that must be true then. If you add the words "math expert" in your answer people won't doubt you normally.... 10% what you say 90% how you say it. I know, I studied statistics in 6th grade.

But then the people that believe it's 96 are the same people that believe a lot of the crap online that's not true... if there are 5 websites that say it's true it might be! If I can search the answer is 96 and find a YouTube video it is for CERTAIN true. Idiots.

Last edited:
•••
You are saying the following?

(1 + 1) Mod 1 = 2 Mod 1 = 0
(1 + 2) Mod 3 = 6 Mod 3 = 3
(1 + 3) Mod 5 = 9 Mod 5 = 4
(1 + 4) Mod 7 = 12 Mod 7 = 5

You are saying that you can apply a different function to both sides of 4 equations and that somehow makes them related?

It's not modular arithmetic but remainders... because while it's true that 5 + 7 = 5 there is no 12 in a mod 7 system. I assume you mean applying the modulus function with an increasing divisor from 1 by 2.
Related. Not the same.

Finding patterns in series is actually interesting because you're looking for ONE function. This is looking a function to apply to 4 equations to make them TRUE.. and then finding the pattern in those which is not interesting :)

The one thing that's at least an improvement on the previous example is that at least you are trying to make each statement mathematically true whereas the other example just leaves them false and people just accept that is somehow ok. They look up the answer online and accept that the see something that seems reasonable and agree that must be true then. If you add the words "math expert" in your answer people won't doubt you normally.... 10% what you say 90% how you say it. I know, I studied statistics in 6th grade.

But then the people that believe it's 96 are the same people that believe a lot of the crap online that's not true... if there are 5 websites that say it's true it might be! If I can search the answer is 96 and find a YouTube video it is for CERTAIN true. Idiots.

I never said it was a series. I simply asked what connects the equations. I knew people would assume a relationship rather than look at them as individual problems. That's what makes the relationship difficult to find and worthy of $20 prize.

•••
So according you, anyone that gave the answer as 96 are the same people that believe a lot of the crap online that's not true... and are IDIOTS.

Typical answer from DU with his "holier than thou" attitude and is someone who obviously thinks the sun shines out of his a$$

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
So according you, anyone that gave the answer as 96 are the same people that believe a lot of the crap online that's not true... and are IDIOTS.

No.

People that came up with 96 through some objective thinking and gave that as an answer wouldn't qualify as idiots. These people may also subsequently rationalize that there may be more than one answer or that the answer may be incorrect. In fact, they may actually conclude that the question was deeply flawed deliberately.

The people I'm talking about - not naming anyone specifically - are the ones that looked up the answer of 96 online and believe it's definitely correct just because others say so. These people are idiots.

Typical answer from DU with his "holier than thou" attitude and is someone who obviously thinks the sun shines out of his a$$

I'm not sure what religion has to do with anything and scientists inform me that the sun is roughly 90,000,000 miles away from my a$$.

I call one segment of people idiots - those who don't think (which is partially the definition of an idiot) - and you say I'm holier than though [sic] ? What pedestal doth deign you to proffer that opinion?

Have fun being angry.

I'm pretty sure you're all wrong, including the graphic.

1+4 = 5
2+5 = 7
3+6 = 9
8+11 = 19

Shout out to Ms. McKenzie and my first grade class.

Clearly not an idiot.

I never said it was a series. I simply asked what connects the equations. I knew people would assume a relationship rather than look at them as individual problems. That's what makes the relationship difficult to find and worthy of $20 prize.

I would deem @David Walker 's answer an accurate one in terms of defining something that connects them :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
No.

People that came up with 96 through some objective thinking and gave that as an answer wouldn't qualify as idiots. These people may also subsequently rationalize that there may be more than one answer or that the answer may be incorrect. In fact, they may actually conclude that the question was deeply flawed deliberately.

The people I'm talking about - not naming anyone specifically - are the ones that looked up the answer of 96 online and believe it's definitely correct just because others say so. These people are idiots.
Three people said 96 on this thread: myself, @hn and @Addison. So what group do we belong to: the group on the 1st paragraph or the group in the 2nd paragraph?

If we are part of the 2nd paragraph group (the idiots) how can you tell that we looked up the answer from the internet or wherever?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back