Dynadot

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Lets put some of the maths geeks thinking a little. This one's really easy... it's like shelling peas.
14237573_1218251284862710_1073251647282227966_n.jpg

The answer is 96.

It's a summation: ∑(2i+5), from i = 0 to x where x is the first number minus one.

I know my maths. :xf.wink:

so thats 96?
Yes.

•••
The answer is 96.

It's a summation: ∑(2i+5), from i = 0 to x where x is the first number minus one.

I know my maths. :xf.wink:

Yes.

I could say the answer is 200 because the variable "8" = 100 and the variable "11"=100 as well.
You can't randomly assign formula where there are none.
What is and where did "i" come from?

Where is there any indication these equations are in some way related?

Assuming the question is solve for ? the answer to 8+11=? can only be 19 (in base 10).

What's the answer to 1 + 1 = ?

•••
I could say th answer is 200 because the variable "8" = 100 and the variable "11"=100 as well.
You can't randomly assign formula where there are none.
Random? It is the exact expression that matches the pattern. Given any x, it solves it correctly every time. It comes from the relationship between all parts of information provided in the image.

What is and where did "i" come from?
Learn: Summation notation.

Assuming the question is solve for ? the answer to 8+11=? can only be 19 (in base 10).
I thought you were being funny before when you wrote 8+11 = 19 (base 10), which it does by itself, but it does not in this problem given the other constraints.

In this problem, you must find the pattern. These types of questions appear on all standardized tests in the U.S.

What's the answer to 1 + 1 = ?
This has no relevance to this problem or its pattern.

•••
I can understand Equation Obfustication. However, are we reading more into it than needed?

The sums of Line #2 and Line # 3 are clear. Add the Sum to the previous line Sum

So extending that, shouldn't it be 40 as CY has suggested as well?

Lets put some of the maths geeks thinking a little. This one's really easy... it's like shelling peas.

Last edited:
•••

That's a dumb one. It's 40.

Recursive series' are simple.

•••
$20 to the first person who figures this out by 12:01am EST on 9/29/2016.

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 6
1 + 3 = 9
1 + 4 = 12

Edit: It appears everyone is away so I extended the contest.

Last edited:
•••
It's not 40. There is a pattern to the first three equations, and you must use that pattern to find the fourth, which is out of sequence.

This is what you did wrong:

1 +  4 =  5
 5 + 2 +  5 = 12
12 + 3 +  6 = 21
21 + 8 + 11 = 40 (wrong)
The first three lines are correct, and if you continue doing that, you'll arrive at the correct answer.

https://www.namepros.com/posts/5757989/

Last edited:
•••
It's not 40. There is a pattern to the first three equations, and you must use that pattern to find the fourth, which is out of sequence.

This is what you did wrong:

1 + 4 = 5
5 + 2 + 5 = 12
12 + 3 + 6 = 21
21 + 8 + 11 = 40 (wrong)

The first three lines are correct, and if you continue doing that, you'll arrive at the correct answer.

The problem was not defined so any solution is a valid solution with the information given.

•••

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 6
1 + 3 = 9
1 + 4 = 12

@Addison

Figure out the problem I created. If you can't... maybe you shouldn't be trying to educate me on math.

Last edited:
•••
@Addison

Figure out the problem I created. If you can't... maybe you shouldn't be trying to educate me on math.
It's usually a good idea to learn math before trying to create your own. ;)

Create a problem worth solving, and I'll be happy to do it.

•••
It's usually a good idea to learn math before trying to create your own. ;)

Create a problem worth solving, and I'll be happy to do it.

I did. Lacking an answer doesn't deem a problem unworthy. All you have to do is tell me why my math is sound and what the link is for each problem. That's all. Easy peazy.

Last edited:
•••
Only 2 people got it right: @hn and @Addison
Answer=96

This is how I do it;
Line 1: 1x4=4 + 1=5
Line 2: 2x5=10 + 2=12
Line 3: 3x6=18 + 3=21
Line 4: 8x11=88 + 8=96

Maybe it's not the correct formula as Addison uses... but it gets you the same results. :)

•••

I can see it both ways depending on how you look at it. Simpler to say xy + x, where x is the first number in the equation.

•••
I can see it both ways depending on how you look at it. Simpler to say xy + x, where x is the first number in the equation.
Yep... that's the simple way of explaining it, but... don't forget that a lot of people don't understand formulas, even if they look simple.

•••
the answer to all your questions is

didn,t you know ?

•••
A simple answer for a simple mind. ;)
I only passed Alg 1 because the coaches talked the teacher into giving me a D.
Cheerleaders did our homework.
We took classes like American Lit. Through Film where we analyzed Citizen Kane and Rebel Without A Cause.
Things were different back then.

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
I will not be around for the day when there are no more humans.
Dammit....

•••
How many of those people look for that math answers online? Be honest, just for this time :)

•••
Random? It is the exact expression that matches the pattern. Given any x, it solves it correctly every time. It comes from the relationship between all parts of information provided in the image.
You have been given 4 statements. There is NO indication of a relationship.
1 + 4 = 5
2 + 5 = 12
3 + 6 = 21
8 + 11 = ?

Who claimed anything about 4 + 7 ?
The mathematical/logical reality here is that statements 1,2,3 are false.
If we want to make up patterns we could could use to set the correct value of "?" ?

The answer could be anything other than 19 as that's going to work too (and is arguably more correct)!

? = ^ (a+b)

The solution is of 96 is made up of an undocumented premise and relationship that is not written anywhere. You've come up with an equation that is true for the first three but so what?

What if I said the answer is 96 but ? because there's a pattern!

Take away the second number and multiply the first by increasing numbers...

1x5 +4-4 = 5
2x6 + 5-5 = 12
3x7 + 6-6 = 21
8x12 +11-11 = 96

a x (a+5) - b

We don't know what b is until it's written down but who cares? It's non deterministic!

The correct formula is also :

a x (a+4) and the variables 4,5,6,11 are all =0!

Yay. Look how smart we are... four answers already! (Three of which are wrong)

I know what 'i' is. I just wanted to know where you invented the constraint that i = 0 to x?

I thought you were being funny before when you wrote 8+11 = 19 (base 10), which it does by itself, but it does not in this problem given the other constraints.
That's the thing. There are no other constraints. Now you get it!

You've got a limited series of falsehoods unless those numbers are variables in which case you don't have enough information. What is the answer to the case where just using your equation alone:

∑(2i+5), from i = 0 to x where x is the first number minus one.

Where I give you the one constraint that your need - the first number is 4. What is then the second number? That's right... the second number is irrelevant... it's obviously 0 as I mentioned before.. so maybe it's all the same nonsense?!

In this problem, you must find the pattern. These types of questions appear on all standardized tests in the U.S.
No. In this problem countless thousands of people waste brain matter not understanding the basics of logic and mathematics and try and explain complete nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
You have been given 4 statements. There is NO indication of a relationship.
1 + 4 = 5
2 + 5 = 12
3 + 6 = 21
8 + 11 = ?

Who claimed anything about 4 + 7 ?
The mathematical/logical reality here is that statements 1,2,3 are false.
If we want to make up patterns we could could use to set the correct value of "?" ?

The answer could be anything other than 19 as that's going to work too (and is arguably more correct)!

? = ^ (a+b)

The solution is of 96 is made up of an undocumented premise and relationship that is not written anywhere. You've come up with an equation that is true for the first three but so what?

What if I said the answer is 96 but ? because there's a pattern!

Take away the second number and multiply the first by increasing numbers...

1x5 +4-4 = 5
2x6 + 5-5 = 12
3x7 + 6-6 = 21
8x12 +11-11 = 96

a x (a+5) - b

We don't know what b is until it's written down but who cares? It's non deterministic!

The correct formula is also :

a x (a+4) and the variables 4,5,6,11 are all =0!

Yay. Look how smart we are... four answers already! (Three of which are wrong)

I know what 'i' is. I just wanted to know where you invented the constraint that i = 0 to x?

That's the thing. There are no other constraints. Now you get it!

You've got a limited series of falsehoods unless those numbers are variables in which case you don't have enough information. What is the answer to the case where just using your equation alone:

∑(2i+5), from i = 0 to x where x is the first number minus one.

Where I give you the one constraint that your need - the first number is 4.

No. In this problem countless thousands of people waste brain matter not understanding the basics of logic and mathematics and try and explain complete nonsense.
What did you smoke before writing this post?
Dog+be+high+as+sky+thumbs+up+lol+idc+do_e71358_4737644.jpg

•••

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 6
1 + 3 = 9
1 + 4 = 12

6=3
7=9
4=11

I win.

•••
There is a pattern to the first three equations, and you must use that pattern to find the fourth, which is out of sequence.

You got those two rules that Cy and DV missed? How did they miss them?

•••
6=3
7=9
4=11

I win.

You're close actually. Will admit I'm impressed. Can you explain what you mean though? Ether you're slightly off and I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back