IT.COM

discuss The day I start domaining

NameSilo
Watch

The CEO

Established Member
Impact
6 years ago, I was looking at every opportunity to earn online. And it took me to try domain names trading, at first, without proper guidance I used to register as many as domains I could and sell them. Got inspired of the people who sold domains in thousands, millions, like you as a newbie, I dreamt of selling 1 of my first hundreds of domains just even for a thousands.

A year passed by, all my 250 domains got expired and non of them got even 1 enquiry. So again, I made a research and dig deep the reason behind it. Re-analyzing things, again I bought domains but this time, looking at the expired ones that has traffic in it. The idea was to park them (Voodoo) and sell them afterwards, and this time the strategy works. Using Godaddy discount coupons/codes allowed us to buy domains for as low as $1 and sell it for a minimum of $5 plus the earning they get from parking.

But things change when Godaddy removed the discount codes and Chinese enter the domain name business. The 4 letter which you can buy for as low as $30 turn to $200. Good to those has a big 4 letter names portfolio and bad for the newbie in the business. Today, hand registering names is risky, unless you are willing to loose money in it. Auction from namepros really good that time, where dictionary 1 word name can be bid in a normal basis, The help that the namepros support, management and staff did not change until today, they are always willing to help and guide you to this course. The "PRO" namepros TOP members, and long time domainers will always answer you whenever you asked, always having time for you no matter how busy they are (1k up domains on their portfolio).

Things change, I haven't seen some of the long time domainers joined the auctions, there are more on the discussions, Eric once said, better to developed the name and it will give more value to it. Today, 3 of my domains became companies and the name that I was selling in the last few weeks finally seal a deal (e)(y-u-m) dot com) (making it a website to see its potential) and we are on partnership and will become a registered company before the year end. There are always a good names out there, I trim down my portfolio and kept 25% of my inventory, last night I was looking at the expired domains list and I bought 5 expired domains at godaddy. One certain thing that I can assure everyone at this moment, once in a game, you can't stop buying names. lol.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing your journey. Nice to know about you.
Best wishes!

•••
•••
I also started buying domains with traffic for parking purpose. I realized later that was really time consuming and risky, mostly because most domains with decent backlinks also go to auction (and can be pricy). Was pretty fun, but buying and selling domains is way more profitable and predictable.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

•••
Eric once said, better to developed the name and it will give more value to it. Today, 3 of my domains became companies and the name that I was selling in the last few weeks finally seal a deal (e)(y-u-m) dot com) (making it a website to see its potential) and we are on partnership and will become a registered company
Congrats on your journey so far. I'm glad to see that you found success in developing out a few. :)

•••
•••
In addition, some of the names i bought on the expired auctions are igowns.com and iflorals.com, plus a city with 450,000 population and a dictionary 1 word name.

•••
•••
That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

•••
That's a great inspirational story.. thank you for sharing your experience.

•••
Thanks for sharing the experience. Hope you're still learning your lessons? Have you been able to make some big sales since then??

•••
Nope, I haven’t got a big sale in any name individually, the highest sale i got so far is 5k usd and some are 2-3k and the rest are just xxx. And those x,xxx sales are from my own connections few have been sold at GD, Namejet and Flippa most sales come here at NP.

•••
Back