news The Covfefe drop is underway

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
I was looking at the expiring names on Name.com and got to one scroll down where all I saw was covfefe. Another illustration of why it's good to be a registry/registrar. People just throw money away after missing out on the .com of the latest viral blip. Obviously donating the reg fee money to charity would have been a superior option but even throwing money out the window would have been a … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was looking at the expiring names on Name.com and got to one scroll down where all I saw was covfefe. Another illustration of why it's good to be a registry/registrar. People just throw money away after missing out on the .com of the latest viral blip. Obviously donating the reg fee money to charity would have been a superior option but even throwing money out the window would have been a … [Read more...]
Well the lesson may be that the guy that regged it waited too long to sell bc he was greedy, and couldnt live with a nice payday. Btw I went ahead and renewed Judgian in king . . . Speaking of Aaron Judge ofcourse!

•••
Fortunately .com.au domain registrations back then was for 2 years.

Registered covfefe.com.au

The site is going strong and is an excellent vehicle to promote various domains & services.

Cheers
Corey

•••
covfefe2017.com wow... just wow. That's a bad name. What did people really think the best thing is that could have happened with these domains?

•••
Trump will dropcatch covfefe.com! LOL :xf.grin::xf.laugh::ROFL::facepalm::smuggrin::joyful:

•••
•••
#covfefe movement is very strong & is here to stay....lol

Cheers
Corey

•••
Registered covfefe.com.au

The site is going strong and is an excellent vehicle to promote various domains & services.

I define a site going strong as in the top 100K for Alexa...that site there barely has any traffic, below measurable which means that it is well below the 10 millionth strongest site on the planet. A site that has not even measurable traffic on Alexa is not going strong.

How do you define "going strong"?

I am not putting down your site, just saying that absurd statements like that themselves put your site down.

Last edited:
•••
I define a site going strong as in the top 100K for Alexa...that site there barely has any traffic, below measurable which means that it is well below the 10 millionth strongest site on the plan. A site that has not even measurable traffic on Alexa is not going strong.

How do you define "going strong"?
I'm glad that you said it, because that was going through my mind too.

•••
•••
•••
Don't ask a student to spell it

•••
Well the lesson may be that the guy that regged it waited too long to sell bc he was greedy, and couldnt live with a nice payday. Btw I went ahead and renewed Judgian in king . . . Speaking of Aaron Judge ofcourse!
Not a "worldly" domain, it's worth noting that not everybody knows of local politics/events/news

•••
Not a "worldly" domain, it's worth noting that not everybody knows of local politics/events/news
I see what you mean. Of course the value was for those that were political at the time. Otherwise unless it spelled your acronym I think it would’ve been worthless. And I meant business name being shortened by this acronym

•••
•••
Doesn't even mean that anyone would have actually paid $4550. for the domain - lot of people enjoy bidding below the reserve when they know there is no chance that they will have to perform.

•••
Was always a name to be flipped quickly, those who old onto these kind of names will pay renewals and eventually accept that they need to drop them. Timing is everything with a trend domain.

•••
Just went back on sale 20k reserve, I won't say where so I do not advertise his auction, but this guy just won't learn. He missed the mark big time, I gave him a high offer of 5k but he got greedy. Today he would be lucky if I gave him 500 bucks..... well, I would probably do that but that would be the limit.

Covfefe anyone?

77107_fa60c87304d545d9609118eb69962e93.gif

•••
•••
And the auction for covefe.com has ended on sedo. I was the high bidder at $250 dollars.... no k after that number :xf.grin:

I had offered him 5k previous and he turned me down, since then it's been on sedo a few times but never got any traction. He says he has a screenshoot where he turned down a private deal at 15k.

I told him he should have taken that because he will never get it again. That said I would never offer 5k again.

C'est la vie

•••
It was a long shot reg, but what the hell, why not I guess lol

I have seen people reg names from other stupid shit in the past, so I figure just another political, catastrophe and ect reg. I personally don’t reg stuff like that, but everyone does their own thing.

•••
Back