IT.COM

discuss The .blog Discussion and Sales Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
I've been waiting for .blog to open for months. It's one of the few nTLDs that make sense to me.

How many have you preregistered? So far I have about a dozen on my list.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Facebook has taken a huge chunk out of the blog industry

•••
.chimp would be good

ooh ooh aah aah eee eee

•••
<2 cents>
The amazing thing for this extension is they have Wordpress behind them.

The pricing shows the quandry for all gTLD solutions. They are all trying to figure it out. Do they go high, or flood the market? If they go high, they lose the mass market appeal and benefit of lots of sites been built. That turns into a vicious de-compounding cycle.

If they go low, they miss some revenue, and they might not get so much building as they thought. But, WP must have a great chance of trumping that.

What I can't figure out with this .blog - is why i don't like the sound of it (the dot and the blog together). It's just not working for me. Blog is one of the most amazing new words we have. It's one of my favorite words.

If I was setting up a blog and I run an infrequent one, I would definitely still want a .com.
</2 cents>

Last edited:
•••
I am excited about .blog, only about a week left. Not going to waste the money on the prereg, I am just hoping my domain doesn't get taken. I definitly see .blog taking over specially with blog owners, and you say that many small blog owners will not buy, but you're wrong. Speaking from a small blog owner.

•••
Dictionary words are set to premium per year. Some of them in six figures :(. All LLL are reserved?
Sorry but not interested.

•••
•••
Should know if I won any of the domains I preregistered shortly. I am kind of excited. lol

•••
Are they going to be available today?

•••
I think tomorrow they get awarded or go to auction. Not sure though.

•••
I checked some domains but the price is set from $299 to as high as $125,000 per year. No thank you.

Three letters are reserved?

Last edited:
•••
The super premiums I picked were $30 per year. I don't know what prices you're referring to.

I don't think 3-letters are reserved but I didn't check.

•••
The 18 I paid for were all reserved by the registry the past 2 days. The registry lost my respect.

•••
Not surprising move by the registry.

•••
Mine is more unique and for personal use, so hopeing it doesnt get taken. Not going to reserve it though.

•••
•••
Did you get the .blog you registered during landrush?

Pigeon shit left for domainers to register. :)
Why even bother supporting this extensions?

•••
Did you get the .blog you registered during landrush?

Pigeon sh*t left for domainers to register. :)
Why even bother supporting this extensions?

Won't find out until next week. I just read about the process. Tired of waiting.

•••
WOT??!!!
frank.blog $5,000 yr plus 220 fee

shane.blog $30 yr plus 220 fee

•••
This extension already failed. Wordpress offer free services using XXXX.wordpress.com and blogger doesn't even bother to purchase the $10 .com .net .org

Now .blog for $30/yr basic registration and other mostly premiums :) Sweet!

•••
Picked up :
gTLD.blog ChicagoLand.blog Bridgets.blog ( my daughter) and Phils.blog

•••
I had preregistered travel.blog and business.blog. Both were taken away by the registry. Had higher hopes for this company.

•••
How do you know if your domain is reserved or it is available for you?

•••
How do you know if your domain is reserved or it is available for you?

I spent $500 to reserve them. Support refunded my money on auction day and said someone bought it direct... which is weird because I was the only person to reserve it. So apparently all nGTLD registries are shady little fuckers.

•••
I'm not surprise :)
Greed is in our business, no doubt for sure.

•••
I spent $500 to reserve them. Support refunded my money on auction day and said someone bought it direct... which is weird because I was the only person to reserve it. So apparently all nGTLD registries are shady little f*ckers.

New Gs suck Shane. :|

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back