Domain Empire

discuss The bitcoin thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Updated: The Bitcoin crash is over...Here comes 2014!!

The rise and fall of the bitcoin.... The price of bitcoin is plummeting as i write this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"nothing stops an ordinary person from buying gold at cheap prices as well"
Yes I agree, and quite often in other legal highley regulated markets that are manipulated & "The price is being held up by people who have an interest to hold it up there" so this is not unique to bitcoin, that is all that I mean. IMO the regulated markets that still act crazy , are the ones that are truly nuts.

" maintain that buy support is weak-because it was just a few thousand BTC"

Maybe .but "only a thousand" compared to the market cap, I have not calculated how much was sold in relation to the market cap and then compared to other markets. The price dropped -dramaticly- and recovered in a few min, does this happen in other markets?

ATM the market is a bit freaked because other exchanges seem to have stoped withdrawals and/or are being flooded with withdraw requests (bitcoin withdraws). If someone was thinking about buying bitcoin this would be a good time, set a low buy order and wait.

•••
•••
•••
Can I still get bitcoin at mtgox?

•••
And it is crashing again. It went to $450 for a few moments during the China scare. I wonder how low it will go now.

There was a brief moment a few days back it went to $102 on btc-e, but just for a moment.

•••
Mt Gox.

what a roller coaster - goes from $367 to $540 within 15 minutes... an hour later it's even lower at $350... now $250!

Last edited:
•••
"Can I still get bitcoin at mtgox?"
DONT USE MTGOX, After the "hack" in I think 2011 you can read about, I dont undestand why people still use them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob9Ak1t09Ao
on one hand all the negative news and media should have pused the price down even lower, on the other hand there should be more people buying up the "cheap coins". It could be a similar market as post cyprus. I dont mean the exact same price levels, but more of a bear market, but really it is too soon to tell.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Wow $150 and dropping at Mt Gox, did they announce anything?

•••
Here's a question for those of you who follow bitcoin. (I never have.)

Do you see people buying up bitcoins in bulk now that they're cheap? For anybody anticipating a rebound, this would be their buy-low-sell-high opportunity. I can't recommend that, of course. I'm just curious if you guys see anybody out there doing this.

I only own 1 pair of bitcoin domains, which were designed for this sort of a crash scenario. Don't know if it's happening -- meaning I don't know if bitcoins are being bought up in bulk yet or not.

This isn't a sales pitch. I'm just trying to figure out if the time is ripe for me to look around.

•••
I could be a good time to buy bitcoins... or it may be a sign of what could possibly happen with bitcoins and people feel its safer to keep their money as fiat cash.

•••
Gox isn't letting people withdraw anything--it was a suicidal move, and they aren't likely to recover. It's about time Gox kicked the bucket anyway; it's been a long time coming. You're better off with Coinbase and mcxNOW.

•••
but if mt gox fails it will send a message across the industry that bitcoins are not safe to have

•••
I don't see much in these cryptocurrencies at the moment. There are too many popping up and it seems the people who got into it first are the people who made a profit. I think if anything, this is the beginning of something new.. maybe the first steps towards an all world digital currency. I don't know, I just don't like what it is right now.

•••
Chase is secretly building a program (and protecting them via copyrights) that will mimic these crypto currency platforms with a "Payment Portal Processor" using "Internet Pay Anyone" accounts

•••
•••
•••
I also heard there was a virus going around getting into peoples computers and swiping their coins.

I think the money under my mattress is safer these days, lol

•••
If only I had a mattress.....

•••
picked up some doge coin cheap... has 3rd highest trading volume, you never know

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Question for you guys:

Who right now (not necessarily in this forum) buys or sells bitcoins in bulk? I'm unfamiliar with bitcoin but have an auction to promote. It would be helpful to know whom to contact. Naturally I can do that research, but it makes sense to ask people who know more about the topic than I do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back