Dynadot

discuss The bitcoin thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Updated: The Bitcoin crash is over...Here comes 2014!!

The rise and fall of the bitcoin.... The price of bitcoin is plummeting as i write this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, it is not the same as an option because with an option you still have the -option- to buy the stock or commodity, with CFDs you dont have this right.
If I buy an option on BankX 100$ at the price of 1$ and the stock price of BankX goes over 100$ then the value of my option will go up because it is a paper that says I have the right to buy the stock at 100$ even though it is now worth 105$ If the price of the stock goes to 99$ then my option is worthless because I can buy the stock directly for cheaper and I dont need the option to get a better price.
CFD is simply an agreement to pay the price difference.

•••
so its just gambling like sport betting

•••
"so its just gambling like sport betting"
yea basicly.

feel free to PM me with your coin names with resonable reseller prices

•••
•••
•••
Anyone been flowing Ripple?

I'm starting to like the idea. Once it's more stable, I might start using it for normal transactions (versus investment).

•••
I'm starting to like the idea. Once it's more stable, I might start using it for normal transactions (versus investment).

I think Ripple Labs are moving in the right direction and taking out the shady aspects which hurts others.

Im guessing some big changes for this niche in the near future.

Who will prevail?????

Time will tell.

•••
I have been watching doge more seriously - especially when you look at the daily activity - $2 - $15 daily trading & 3rd highest in dollar trade volume just under bit and lite coin.

looks like most crypto's are down today, anyone know why?

•••
•••
just wanted to reach out and ask if anyone has any good ideas for monetizing a bitcoin charts website. don't want to SPAM with website address so pm if you need to know.

•••
""looks like most crypto's are down today, anyone know why?""

Russia came out against them--google it many articles

•••
""looks like most crypto's are down today, anyone know why?""

Russia came out against them--google it many articles

oh that's a new one, looks like Russia deemed it illegal... maybe they should have held off that statement until after Olympics and offered to accept them for Olympic tickets... most venues have a lot of unsold tickets still, lol

•••
Anyone notice the bitcoin banner at the super bowl....

•••
•••
I hate bitcoins. I spent 250 BTC when they were $10.. I should have saved them and cashed out at $1,000. Oh well, it only cost me a house..

•••
MtCox, bitcoins oldest exchange, stops withdrawals. Site is down.

Also, Paypal reportedly is closing bitcoin related accounts.

•••
apple closed all bitcoin app's... funny enough a dogecoin app was just allowed on apples app site

•••
keep in mind that there have been 4 major "crashes" in bitcoin history, everytime in the past the price bounced back. Not exactly a typical bubble. This -could- be simmilar to SR (Silk Road, after that site was taken down, prices skyrocketed), when Mt.Gox is finaly purged from the bitcoin arena then that will be a good thing since they have had bad business practices for a while. I still dont understand why people still use them. In Summer 2013 it was nearly impossible to get any $€or Yen out of Mt.Gox, they had all kinds of excuses, all the while the price of bitcoin was up to 15% higher than at other exchanges, which attracted people that were doing arbitrage, but then couldnt get there fiat out. Russia banning bitcoin, that will hurt russia more that the other way around. From what I understand, the Russian statement also would make NP$ illegal in Russia.

Last edited:
•••
=)

Bbwk_q4CcAAvlfs.jpg

lolololo

it used to happen every day.

then it happened ever few weeks.

now every few months....

but if you do happen to dump your coins or domains, just remember folks...do it while panicking! ;)

•••
Bitcoin Flash Crashes, Drops By 80% In Seconds

Now that Bitcoin exchange Mt.Gox has terminally discredited itself following the latest, and likely last, withdrawal halt announced late last week which sent the value of Bitcoin tumbling by 25%, Bitcoin traders are left with just two exchange options on which to transact: BTC-e and Bitstamp. And for those using the former to buy and sell the virtual digital currency, things went from bad to worse a few short hours ago, when Bitcoin had its very own "Waddell and Reed" moment, when the price of Bitcoin cratered by over 80% in the span of seconds, after a modest block of just under 6000 Bitcoins sent the price plunging from over $600 to $102.

Read HERE.

•••
Bitcoin Flash Crashes, Drops By 80% In Seconds

Now that Bitcoin exchange Mt.Gox has terminally discredited itself following the latest, and likely last, withdrawal halt announced late last week which sent the value of Bitcoin tumbling by 25%, Bitcoin traders are left with just two exchange options on which to transact: BTC-e and Bitstamp. And for those using the former to buy and sell the virtual digital currency, things went from bad to worse a few short hours ago, when Bitcoin had its very own "Waddell and Reed" moment, when the price of Bitcoin cratered by over 80% in the span of seconds, after a modest block of just under 6000 Bitcoins sent the price plunging from over $600 to $102.

Read HERE.

Yes... I saw it. Funny how I decided to short BTC last Friday. :D

I never closed my position-was too brief... This reiterates something: that the buying support for BTC is weak! And getting weaker. Saw this coming a fewe months back. It's trading way above the long term average. The price is being held up by people who have an interest to hold it up there.... with fake buy support: buy from yourself, sell to yourself.. these unregulated markets are crazy.

Non-americans, who are the majority of BTC holders, are more than satisfied with the deterioration of their currency against the USD, for them to ditch BTC right now.

USD will always rock.

Makes sense to me.

•••
"these unregulated markets are crazy."
what if I told you that the forex, gold and silver markets are all "manipulated" and on such a higher level than BTC, but yea the whole dump today could have been triggred by mtgox employees selling just before or just at the time of the press release.

"buying support for BTC is weak"
you mean when it goes to 100$ an exchange and then people buy it nearly back to where it was, in 2 min?

Shorting was smart it was a kind of flatline deceding whatever for a while.

The sooner Mt.Gox dies the better.

BTW that article says there are only 2 exchanges left, but that is far from true. Exchanges with fiat include Coinbase, Kracken,Bitcoin.de and more, not to mention a list of crypto only exchanges.

•••
Would have bought 10 @ 102 wtf was I doing today smh

•••
GOX is now being put on "not trusted site" lists.
BTC is now back around 700, higher than before the GOX press release.

•••
"these unregulated markets are crazy."
what if I told you that the forex, gold and silver markets are all "manipulated" and on such a higher level than BTC, but yea the whole dump today could have been triggred by mtgox employees selling just before or just at the time of the press release.

"buying support for BTC is weak"
you mean when it goes to 100$ an exchange and then people buy it nearly back to where it was, in 2 min?

Shorting was smart it was a kind of flatline deceding whatever for a while.

The sooner Mt.Gox dies the better.

BTW that article says there are only 2 exchanges left, but that is far from true. Exchanges with fiat include Coinbase, Kracken,Bitcoin.de and more, not to mention a list of crypto only exchanges.

I maintain that buy support is weak-because it was just a few thousand BTC that sent it tumbling. In fact, a few thousand will send it tumbling again.

While gold prices are manipulated to be cheap, nothing stops an ordinary person from buying gold at cheap prices as well. I do see gold slipping under $1,000...

When I see currency manipulation by a government-that's when I take advantage of what's going down. Easiest money you could possibly make.

Yeah, closed my short at $623 yesterday. I got in today with a BTC short at $694-$706 ranges. It's going down nicely again. :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back