IT.COM

poll If You Invested $100 In Bitcoin In 2010, You'd Be Worth $120 Million Now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Investing in cryptocurrency is better than investing in domaining?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    52.0%
  • No

votes
    48.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Wass

Established Member
Impact
7 years ago the value of 1 bitcoin was worth a quarter of a cent. Today, 1 bitcoin is worth more than $3000.
$100 in bitcoin in 2010 = $120 Million in 2017
$1000 in bitcoin in 2010 = $1,2 Billion in 2017

On the launch in August 2014 one Ether was worth $0,3
$1000 in Ether in 2014 = $750.000

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It was good investment. But who knew future that time. Even investing now with SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) could make huge profit. Not that much but lets see ........:xf.smile:
You can not compare Bitcoin Investment with Domain investment or any other Financial investment. Every investment has their Pros and Cons. Even we see Millionaires out there by investing in Domains / Stock Market / Commodities / Forex etc.

Why do bitcoins have value?

Bitcoins have value because they are useful as a form of money. Bitcoin has the characteristics of money (durability, portability, fungibility, scarcity, divisibility, and recognizability) based on the properties of mathematics rather than relying on physical properties (like gold and silver) or trust in central authorities (like fiat currencies). In short, Bitcoin is backed by mathematics. With these attributes, all that is required for a form of money to hold value is trust and adoption. In the case of Bitcoin, this can be measured by its growing base of users, merchants, and startups. As with all currency, bitcoin’s value comes only and directly from people willing to accept them as payment.

Doesn’t Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?

Some early adopters have large numbers of bitcoins because they took risks and invested time and resources in an unproven technology that was hardly used by anyone and that was much harder to secure properly. Many early adopters spent large numbers of bitcoins quite a few times before they became valuable or bought only small amounts and didn’t make huge gains. There is no guarantee that the price of a bitcoin will increase or drop. This is very similar to investing in an early startup that can either gain value through its usefulness and popularity, or just never break through. Bitcoin is still in its infancy, and it has been designed with a very long-term view; it is hard to imagine how it could be less biased towards early adopters, and today’s users may or may not be the early adopters of tomorrow.

•••
be good if you can renew domains with bitcoin

•••
If you had bought New York from the Indians, you would have been worth even more. :)

•••
Investing in bitcoin now is "too late"

What? do you want to buy bitcoin at $3000+ a coin? for just ONE BITCOIN?

If it goes to $6000 that's only 100% profit? and god knows when it will get there?

how many .16 cent coins can you buy with $3000?

well right now or few weeks ago you could have bought Ripple XRP at .16 cents per XRP.

It's marketcap WAS $15 billion when it was at .42 cents.

today at .1857 cents it's worth a market cap of $.7.19 billion.

It's coming back up people.

Missed out on .25 cent bitcoins?

Invest in a Cryptocurrency that's targetting to replace SWIFT (which is an antiquated FAX system) which handles $200 Trillion dollars a year in transactions.

I missed buying .25 bitcoins when it was offered to me by my nerd buddies.

I am not going to miss this one.

Buy. and hold for 2-5 years. put it away in a Ledger nano S, seal it in waterproof container. bury in your backyard then come back to year 5 years later.

at $1 you've made more than 5 times your money.

Ripple XRP. It's "in bed" with the banks.

Banks are NEVER going away.

•••
I've offered to sell domain names for Bitcoin, but so far I haven't had any takers.

•••
The word Coin is best as it is the most generic. plus it's a well known word around the world. Bitcoin is too specific to just Bitcoin.

•••
Crypto currencies imho, are a flash in the pan. All it will take is one successful hack or scandal in any one of the 'currencies' to cause enough deterioration in their trustworthiness to cause the bottom to fall out. That is not to say there is some great money to be made in their use and in their domain names...just like in the days when esock and all those other domains were selling for crazy numbers...until the bottom fell out. I know several people that became wealthy in that period but I know more that lost money 'buying in' and have never recovered fully. Timing is the key.

Gold...now thats a good long term investment!

•••
Anyone having idea on Ethereum ? So far i read ether growing so fast .

•••
Anyone having idea on Ethereum ? So far i read ether growing so fast .

crash and burn soon. Google "The Dao SEC investigation"

Dao was an ICO that came down in flames.

it was "powered by Ethereum"

all others like it with their shady dealings and the "Stench" of IPO without SEC notification and rule following?

Big Brother doesn't like it when you start your own thing that looks too similar to an IPO.

If it walks like a duck smells like a duck quacks like a duck. its probably a duck.

I mean ICO? IPO? cmon! it's too similar! did these people really think they would get away with it?

like Icarus. flew to high to the Sun. it crashed and burned.

I don't think The Dao will be the last ICO coin to be investigated.

Stay tuned!

on another note!

Ripple XRP is thee only crypto. that's "in bed" with the BANKS.

and Banks and the Gov are best buds.

so Ripple by association is best buds with Gov.

I'd invest with the Coin that's best buds with the Gov.

how bout you?

only .18 cents right now!

•••
From what I see half of people here believe it is better to invest in cryptos. But we're in a domaining forum. One needs to see if I do the same question on a crypto forum...
Anyway, maybe it's too late to invest in bitcoin (there are those who predict bitcoin to $100.000 :xf.grin:) but there are many other cryptos still with low market caps. You just have to find the right one. You have to be careful because many scamcoin have been born too...
Anyway, cryptos have become mainstream only recently and for this reason they will rise again I think.

Last edited:
•••
Investing in bitcoin now is "too late"

What? do you want to buy bitcoin at $3000+ a coin? for just ONE BITCOIN?

If it goes to $6000 that's only 100% profit? and god knows when it will get there?

how many .16 cent coins can you buy with $3000?

well right now or few weeks ago you could have bought Ripple XRP at .16 cents per XRP.

It's marketcap WAS $15 billion when it was at .42 cents.

today at .1857 cents it's worth a market cap of $.7.19 billion.

It's coming back up people.

Missed out on .25 cent bitcoins?

Invest in a Cryptocurrency that's targetting to replace SWIFT (which is an antiquated FAX system) which handles $200 Trillion dollars a year in transactions.

I missed buying .25 bitcoins when it was offered to me by my nerd buddies.

I am not going to miss this one.

Buy. and hold for 2-5 years. put it away in a Ledger nano S, seal it in waterproof container. bury in your backyard then come back to year 5 years later.

at $1 you've made more than 5 times your money.

Ripple XRP. It's "in bed" with the banks.

Banks are NEVER going away.

It's never too late. If you invested $3,000 the day you made this post, you would've made $1,500 today.

•••
It's never too late. If you invested $3,000 the day you made this post, you would've made $1,500 today.
Yea that's correct. But Bitcoin is very volatile market. Its not like regular Forex market. You could make $1500 within month but as every coin has two sides, it is also possible to lose $1500 within month.

I am basically from Stock / Commodity / Forex Trading Investing field so we use Percent Language to determine exact profit/loss. Hence You have to say that you could make 50% profit within month or 50% Loss within month. :xf.grin:

No any experienced Investor take this kind of Risk in any Market which is highly volatile. Best way to invest is SIP. (Systematic Investment Plan) Search Google to know what is SIP.

•••

This is true. But being so high I have "bubble" and "tulip mania" fears.

Here's my top picks

Bitcoin ( obviously)
Ethereum
LITECOIN

(Above if you wanna play it safe ie. Big buy in with low ROI 10% to 50% gains. Over long time. With still risk it will go down 50% depending the news )

Ripple (still under $1. .15 cents at time of writing.)

Siacoin
Tenx
Adcoin
Stratis
Iota

Reddcoin
Neo
Potcoin
RMG
Zcash
Ethereum Classic

Bitcoin Cash after it settles rock bottom. Might go up after more dev.

For more info you can use sites below.

Coinmarketcap
CryptoCompare
WorldCoinIndex
CoinGecko

All in King

•••
Yea that's correct. But Bitcoin is very volatile market. Its not like regular Forex market. You could make $1500 within month but as every coin has two sides, it is also possible to lose $1500 within month.

I am basically from Stock / Commodity / Forex Trading Investing field so we use Percent Language to determine exact profit/loss. Hence You have to say that you could make 50% profit within month or 50% Loss within month. :xf.grin:

No any experienced Investor take this kind of Risk in any Market which is highly volatile. Best way to invest is SIP. (Systematic Investment Plan) Search Google to know what is SIP.

Or hedge your bets in simple terms. I'll check out that SIP you mentioned. Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back