IT.COM

discuss The bitcoin thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Updated: The Bitcoin crash is over...Here comes 2014!!

The rise and fall of the bitcoin.... The price of bitcoin is plummeting as i write this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are having an auction, and know not where to buy and sell bitcoins?
Why have an auction/
Or are you going to bid in an auction that only accepts bitcoins?

Doge coins...About 8 per person on this planet available.
over
About 55 BILLION of them.
No wonder they are cheaper than dirt.
Literally.

•••
but if mt gox fails it will send a message across the industry that bitcoins are not safe to have
No, I disagree. 1. Mt.Gox probaly stole the coins and ran off with them. 2. They would have noticed the problem if they had done any audits or any other normal security check ups 3. In the past after these events: first bubble to 30$, Cyprus, Silk Road, the ammount of users went up dramaticly with the help of positive and negative media coverage.

If you are a media outlet and declared bitcoin for dead on Feb 26th 2014 then you wil go down in history, as being wrong and helping to promote bitcoin.

About 55 BILLION of them.
YEa "many coinz" they say.

If it goes up by 1000% it goes up by 1000% no matter is there is one or one billion coins

Doge is quite popular however I am not sure of the long term future for it. I forgot the site but it had a good anaylsis of how much needs to be bought of a coin in order to maintain the current price. To support the current Doge price a whole hellva lot needs to be bought, that is a sign that it could crash at any moment, but hey anything can happen at this point.

I would stay away from that place. The creator is known for scams in the past, they also sold fee shares( a share that is traded on the site, you would get something like 0.001% of all the fees, which are 0.02% of each trade) these were paid out every 6 hours, then mcxnow basicly said that they were going to shut down, all the people that bought shares at 1 btc 0.5 btc ect lost tons becuase the fee share went to the basement, what happened next........ they didnt close.

haha , yea "Many Coin" they say

•••
there are billions of doge but if you were to compare apples to apples (which you cant because bitcoin is more popular than doge) compared to btc market cap doge would be valued @ $0.756 today. based on the trading volume I think it has the best potential out of all the 100's of alt coins out there,

I picked some up...you never know

•••
If you are having an auction, and know not where to buy and sell bitcoins?
Why have an auction/

My auction is for domains about bitcoin, not for bitcoins.

Like most domainers, I buy and sell domains related to topics where I'm not a professional or an expert. For example, I own the Danish word for Homosexual but am neither Danish nor gay.

•••
•••
"Mt. Gox files for bankruptcy, blames hackers for losses"

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=OBR&date=20140228&id=17393259

Blaming hackers, telling the world they're susceptible to hackers. Somebody robs my bank, I'll still have my money.

Do you think another incident will doom them? Do you think the world governments aren't going to do something about it, since they're not getting their cut?

•••
"Mt. Gox files for bankruptcy, blames hackers for losses"

Interesting timing seeing as they just acquired Gox.com a few days ago.

•••
$480,000,000 lost holy crap!

I feel really bad for those who had money tied up with them. Considering they were the biggest exchange I assume a lot of people did.

I also heard the btc transactions are not 100% anonymous and there is some sort of central hub that records transactions or able to track - why cant they just track down (what I assume is a huge transaction) and stop or find the whopping withdrawal and get the thieves.

•••
•••
ouch, that's not good

i wonder who is next?

•••
•••
more like take advantage of it and tax it, lol

•••
•••
•••
Is Bitcoin on the verge of collapse?

First of all, I have to say that I don't know very much about Bitcoin. I haven't bought any Bitcoin names or any other investments. It just never felt right from the start.
Now I see that Autumn Radtke (CEO of First Meta Exchange) has apparently committed suicide at the age of 28. MtGox collapsed last Friday with a loss of over $350 million. Flex-Coin has also closed after losing over $500,000.
Bitcoin is being linked to money laundering and other problems by some people.
It looks like a downhill rollercoaster ride, with a lot of people about to crash at the bottom.
Maybe I'm wrong (I often am) but has anybody else seen this trend?

Regards

Ralph.

•••
You could try comparing it to the .com crash over ten years ago, where everybody bailed out declaring the internet finished. Maybe Bitcoin won't stand the test of time, but I reckon it has a long way to go before it proves itself one way or another.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
turns out it's not the right guy.

•••
What is the current price of bitcoin and where can you buy/sell them?

•••
I've been away for a while immersed in the Bitcoin underworld.

During this period I've discovered what I believe will be a contender in the future of digital currency. It's called Goldcoin (GLD). Check it out and let me know if you would like a couple hundred free Goldcoins. Got to take care of all my old Namepros friends after all! :)

Find me here >>>>> http://www.microguy.com

•••
I've been away for a while immersed in the Bitcoin underworld.

During this period I've discovered what I believe will be a contender in the future of digital currency. It's called Goldcoin (GLD). Check it out and let me know if you would like a couple hundred free Goldcoins. Got to take care of all my old Namepros friends after all! :)

Find me here >>>>> http://www.microguy.com

How much is it per coin?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back