Dynadot

discuss The bitcoin thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Updated: The Bitcoin crash is over...Here comes 2014!!

The rise and fall of the bitcoin.... The price of bitcoin is plummeting as i write this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bitcoin exchanges shut down after threat from India's central bank

Yea pretty hardcore. India is also doing everything it can to stop people from buying Gold and Silver. Banks are no longer allowed to accept Gold and Silver as coladeral for loans. With Gold and Silver the regulations are not working well and Gold and Silver is being smuggled in at record ammounts. We will see what happens with Bitcoin.

Here is a good little article from CNBC
"Do you really know bitcoin? Here are 11 myths"

Including:Bitcoin enables drugs and terrorism,It's a Ponzi scheme, and Bitcoin has never been more volatile than now

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101298888#_gus

•••
I read and interesting article showing the(2008) start of bitcoin til this Nov.I will have to post it here.

one of the first bitcoins purchases(so it says) was and i'm not making this up--a person from Fla ordered 2 TWO pizzas and payed in bitcoins--shop would not take them--so some how he got the coins to a CC and paid for the Pizzas TWO--The price 10,000 bitcoins!!!Gives the name of laszlo -a programmer from Florida May 2010 .At the top that was $6 mill per pizza.:o

2010 bitcoins first trade public 1,000 at 0.003 each

Does NamePros allow links? If so i will post the link..""BitCoin and this is one of the best info graphics I have seen on the topic.""2010%%-

Last edited:
•••
Bitcoin/Litecoin 2014

Where do you think Bitcoin and Litecoin will stand in 2014? What are your forecasts and speculation for the growing crypto currencies....

•••
for me bitcoin has great potentials and look at the web site that already invested in machines ready to mine these crypt o currencies, and look also at the rate of exchange.

btw, anyone interested in exchanging their bitcoin for np$?

•••
The value of bitcoin climbed passed the $900 hurtle today with low resistance, We may see another breakout tomorrow and prices creeping closer to $1000

•••
Bitcoin staying strong, with historic weekend lows the crypto currency showed little resistance at the $900 level and flew to a daily high of $944. Likely we will now see some resistance at the $950 range and there should be support near the $915 range...Happy trading :)

•••
Bitcoin very strong, prices right online with my calls from yesterday, we found minor resistance yesterday at $950 and then strong support on January 5th, Price of Bitcoin has gone back over $1000.

•••
hit 1000$ again today, wonder how long it will stay.
BTW I would be really cautious of putting your coins anywhere near a wallet that pays 6% a month :)

•••
Yes, Bitcoin fluctuates just like gold but the good thing is, it's transferability make it the virtual coin in e-commerce. I believe this 2014 will be a great year for more crypto currency surprises and innovation.

•••
Colorado Marijuana Dispensary Uses Bitcoin to Evade Federal Laws

At least one marijuana dispensary in Colorado has reportedly begun accepting bitcoin.Colorado’s decision to legalize cannabis has been filling headlines for weeks, and the hype is still going strong.Investors have been piling up in the marijuana market, ranging from reputable medicinal marijuana companies to highly speculative penny stocks.The general public seems to be very interested indeed

•••
•••
namesilo accepts bitcoin now

•••
nice to see more forex platforms trading bitcoin, currently i am only aware of etoro and avatrade, any others?

•••
check out
@MaxKeiser
The Keiser Report

•••
BTCEX.com has bid of $25k on Sedo. Domain first registered less than 3 months ago.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Anyone been flowing Ripple?

There seems to be alot of bashing from certain crowds recently.

But I have to say, after further research on my own, Im starting to like them more and more.

•••
if they are not mineable - who owns them

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

anyone have DOGE

•••
"Anyone been flowing Ripple?"

Its not really a crypto currency IMO. It is kind of like a centralised IOU system.

"anyone have DOGE "
manymany
If you want send me a PM and I will show you how to mine Dimecoin with a VPS and then you can sell your Dimecoin for Doge!

-etoro, plus 500 ect, the US goverment just BANNED American´s from buying CFDs, ALL CFDs worldwide no matter where you live.

•••
Kicking myself for not jumping on this when advised to a year ago.

And wt:!: is up with MtGox? I tried verifying my account well over a month ago and still, no dice. I wanted to jump in when they were in the 6xx range. I had a feeling they'd jump in price. :'(

•••
•••
"Anyone been flowing Ripple?"

Its not really a crypto currency IMO. It is kind of like a centralised IOU system.

"anyone have DOGE "
manymany
If you want send me a PM and I will show you how to mine Dimecoin with a VPS and then you can sell your Dimecoin for Doge!

-etoro, plus 500 ect, the US goverment just BANNED American´s from buying CFDs, ALL CFDs worldwide no matter where you live.

like to buy some doge, anyone selling DOGE?

what are cfd's

•••
CFD is a Certificate of Difference. Basicly it is a bet. So lets say bitcoin is at 800 and you go long , its now 805 you made 5$ because that is the "difference" you have no right to own any "real" bitcoin.

•••
CFD is a Certificate of Difference. Basicly it is a bet. So lets say bitcoin is at 800 and you go long , its now 805 you made 5$ because that is the "difference" you have no right to own any "real" bitcoin.

is it the same as an 'Option' with put's and call's

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back