NameSilo

The Best Landing Page Ever!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you were to design your own landing page, what would it look like?

What are some of the landing page strategies that you are using to drive in inquiries?

Right now I am just using a custom landing page that has the domains name and an eMail address in image form, to prevent spam mails.

I was using a 'may be for sale' banner and a large countdown timer, and I had inquiries coming in but not many conversions as they were expecting low ball regfee prices.

So what has worked for you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Sold 3 in this time frame all priced around $1,500."

@hookbox Maybe I should get more aggressive. I like your price points more than mine....

•••
I agree with Bill on this. I forwarded about 200 names to their Premium Listing at Godaddy about 1 month ago and it absolutely works. Sold 3 in this time frame all priced around $1,500. I believe not only that it gives the name credibility but it gives the sales process credibility. When someone lands on the homepage with the Premium Listing it looks like, in the buyers eyes, that Godaddy is selling the name and not me and because of this it converts into sales much easier. Buyers like to deal with reputable companies instead of some individual with a parked page and an email address. Try it out, it works! Worth the 20%.

This sounds like a logical idea. Even though I have my own website that forwards domains to their respective page I may try this for 10 domains (a mix of .com and gTLD) and leave it for the rest of the year. I could let go of 20% in turn for more "trust" on the buyers part! The only thing I hate though is I just sold a domain from a premium listing last week and the communication from Godaddy is so little. Got 1 email that the domain has sold.....6 days later get email funds are sent. No time in between did it follow up with me AND they took it out of my account the same day since the buyer paid straight out....

•••
I've had decent success making sales in the $300 to $800 range by simply forwarding my domains that have Godaddy premium listings to their Godaddy registry path.

Example: IcedGems.com

I tried forwarding. But i am getting a message like "CCCCC.com is Taken".
What might be the reason?

Thanks

•••
This sounds like a logical idea. Even though I have my own website that forwards domains to their respective page I may try this for 10 domains (a mix of .com and gTLD) and leave it for the rest of the year. I could let go of 20% in turn for more "trust" on the buyers part! The only thing I hate though is I just sold a domain from a premium listing last week and the communication from Godaddy is so little. Got 1 email that the domain has sold.....6 days later get email funds are sent. No time in between did it follow up with me AND they took it out of my account the same day since the buyer paid straight out....
Very little communication except for one email saying the domain sold and like you said they pull the domain out of your account right away and about 6 days later funds are transferred like clockwork. Premium Listings used to pay very slowly but now it takes about 1 week. Godaddy allows .com, .net, .org and .co to be listed under premium listings.

The other good thing is that in mobile it works just as good. Not so much with Godaddy auction links. When you have a Godaddy auction link and someone checks the name in Mobile and they click on the link it goes to a generic Godaddy page that doesn't have your name listed anywhere so it doesn't convert. Also in the Godaddy app when someone checks the name it lists your premium listing as the first one on the page. A lot of startups talk about domain names during lunches etc……and everybody is on Mobile checking for available names. More eyeballs, More sales!

The beauty of Premium listings is there are no extra links to click or auction accounts to sign up for etc……

They see it, they like it, they buy it. Keep it simple. Godaddy auction links don't work every single time and neither does a cash parking page. Some names you may only get a few potential buyers every month so every single "view" of a name is extremely important.

•••
Very little communication except for one email saying the domain sold and like you said they pull the domain out of your account right away and about 6 days later funds are transferred like clockwork. Premium Listings used to pay very slowly but now it takes about 1 week. Godaddy allows .com, .net, .org and .co to be listed under premium listings.

The other good thing is that in mobile it works just as good. Not so much with Godaddy auction links. When you have a Godaddy auction link and someone checks the name in Mobile and they click on the link it goes to a generic Godaddy page that doesn't have your name listed anywhere so it doesn't convert. Also in the Godaddy app when someone checks the name it lists your premium listing as the first one on the page. A lot of startups talk about domain names during lunches etc……and everybody is on Mobile checking for available names. More eyeballs, More sales!

The beauty of Premium listings is there are no extra links to click or auction accounts to sign up for etc……

They see it, they like it, they buy it. Keep it simple. Godaddy auction links don't work every single time and neither does a cash parking page. Some names you may only get a few potential buyers every month so every single "view" of a name is extremely important.

I tried to forward my domain. But i am getting a message like "Sorry, CCCCC.com is Taken".
What might be the reason?

Thanks

•••
If you just set them up, its takes 24-48 hours to show on GoDaddy.

I have question - Is the first month free and then GoDaddy charges something for the premium listing after that or is it just free ongoing and I can leave it on auto-renew without worrying?

•••
Thanks..i got it. I have no answer for your question. Gems will answer...

•••
I have question - Is the first month free and then GoDaddy charges something for the premium listing after that or is it just free ongoing and I can leave it on auto-renew without worrying?

Yes same question here..
Also how can you decide where you want your money to be paid to? I have 2 PP accounts with them and I'd like to be able to choose.
I have tried once to list a premium name but the system would send me straight to the cart ( zero to pay ) without letting me decide where I want my money to be sent to..
Did I miss some steps?

•••
When you add a domain to Premium Listing, on the page where it asks you to enter the domain price, there is a payee account drop down menu, just above where it asks you if you agree to the terms and conditions.

If you want to add payee accounts, you manage it in your GoDaddy account settings.

•••
Setup your premium listings. Give it a day, and then forward your domains.
It takes about 24 hours before new premium listings show up correctly.
Any price changes you make in your premium listings can also take up to 24 hours to update on the landing page.

•••
•••
So in this case would I go to Godaddy, type in my own domain in the search box and use THAT url that comes up (I would also not be logged in either)?
URL will be https if your logged in, http if your not. It doesn't matter anyway because you should remove everything left of the www when you enter it in the field because GD appends the http:// to the beginning.

From my experience, the URL is the same for all domains except for the domain string within the URL. You don't have to copy and past from the landing page for every domain. Just keep pasting the same URL in and editing the domain portion of the URL.

Hope that helps.

•••
Can't we list other regisrar's domains as premium in GD?
If No, Can we transfer domains to GD with no cost?(11 months to expire)

Thanks

•••
Can't we list other regisrar's domains as premium in GD?
If No, Can we transfer domains to GD with no cost?(11 months to expire)
Unfortunately, no to both.

•••
probably a dumb question but if you have a domain on a premium listing, if you transfer it to someone the listing would be taken off right?

•••
•••
@hookbox It's the standard Bodis.com inquiry form.

•••
•••
@hookbox 95% of my domains are on Bodis landing pages, the others are pointed to GD premium listings. I've sold 5 domains in the past 4 months via Bodis and have received about 10 legit inquiries. I think that's pretty good considering I only own about 175 domains.

•••
@hookbox 95% of my domains are on Bodis landing pages, the others are pointed to GD premium listings. I've sold 5 domains in the past 4 months via Bodis and have received about 10 legit inquiries. I think that's pretty good considering I only own about 175 domains.
Great to hear. Thank you so much

•••
Hard to believe that it's been almost two years since I started this thread - how fast time flies.

Every few months I work on my landing pages, tweaking little things here and there.

I can tell you one thing that I found that seems to consistently motivate people; the color BLUE! I've studied a lot of color theory when it comes to marketing, and the colors that motivate people to buy & make decisions; blue is strength, trust, and authoritativeness.

Twice now I have changed my landers to a blue theme, and worthwhile inquiries came in more often. You can see the usage of blue on a landing page here (not mine).

Its subtle, but that background is tinted blue for a reason. Now the presence of green on the aforementioned page seems to be cohesive with the brand to motivate a 'go' action. You may also notice that the "Buy Now" button is orange. Orange is a call to action, typically used on buttons for buyers to complete a desired action.

You can see the same kind of color theory used on efty landers, although I did notice that they lean towards a green for most buttons as a call to action.

If you are going to dev your own landing pages, go blue!

Last edited:
•••
create simple html page and offer the price and email to buy with live chat support through tawk.to

•••
The best landing page I ever saw was on FRESHSTACK dot com

But seriously, like mentioned above, a bullet point list of the pros or benefits of owning the domain along with a clearly defined For Sale sign is the best option
That's one funny page guys taking a lot psych pills by the look of it and what's with the price...love it!

•••
I was using Efty for landers, plus the portfolio management, of which I never kept updated.
So I closed my account with Efty and now direct landers via the more slicker undeveloped.com format.

•••
Interesting and really new thing to know about it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back