Dynadot

The Best Landing Page Ever!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you were to design your own landing page, what would it look like?

What are some of the landing page strategies that you are using to drive in inquiries?

Right now I am just using a custom landing page that has the domains name and an eMail address in image form, to prevent spam mails.

I was using a 'may be for sale' banner and a large countdown timer, and I had inquiries coming in but not many conversions as they were expecting low ball regfee prices.

So what has worked for you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Awesome Ali! May need to do that myself for my Virtual domains.

Thanks! All it takes is a Wordpress theme, a few plug ins and some CSS :) After that just duplicating posts and changing a line of CSS is all. Pretty seamless process once it's all setup.

•••
Thanks! All it takes is a Wordpress theme, a few plug ins and some CSS :) After that just duplicating posts and changing a line of CSS is all. Pretty seamless process once it's all setup.

Noticed the code... very "akamai"!

•••
I am a designer, so fortunately I have the ability to design my own unique landing pages for each of my domains. An example of one of my landing pages can be seen if you go to http://FuelCellCar.net. It's possible that I've gone just a little bit over the top with the designs though lol. I may consider doing a site wide redesign.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am a designer, so fortunately I have the ability to design my own unique landing pages for each of my domains. An example of one of my landing pages can be seen if you go to http://FuelCellCar.net. It's possible that I've gone just a little bit over the top the designs though lol. I may consider doing a site wide redesign.

WOW! Very beautiful!

•••
•••
I have been trying out LeadPages. I set a forward to the LeadPages form at the registrar so no WP needed.
Grandfather clock shop is an example. They also have one page minisite templates I am working on.

•••
Well, I have the landing pages on Perception, but I also tried something new with the few ngTLD's I just picked up. Same landing pages but the background are all representative of the domain. Feel free to take a look:

That was going to be my next version to try out, nice work.

I saw a page I liked the other day that had the 100% background image with a 'welcome' message, but no 'may be for sale' etc...

I was also considering a video bootstrap like PayPal has, I found a nice bit of jquery/js that allows you to use a YouTube URL as a responsive bootstrap video.

•••
I've had decent success making sales in the $300 to $800 range by simply forwarding my domains that have Godaddy premium listings to their Godaddy registry path.

Example: IcedGems.com

This approach sacrifices all parking revenues but eliminates many obstacles in the purchasing process by leveraging the familiarity/trust that people have with Godaddy. I think it increases the chances for spontaneous purchases quite a bit.

As domainers, we're familiar with companies like Afternic, Sedo, and other parking companies but the average business owner is not.

Disadvantages: Only works with domains at Godaddy. You must set your BIN price, no negotiations or offers. 20% commission on Premium listings which is better than the previous 30%

•••
I've had decent success making sales in the $300 to $800 range by simply forwarding my domains that have Godaddy premium listings to their Godaddy registry path.

Pretty solid idea. As you said, the only sacrifice is the commissions.

I still am using the zero content and eMail address on page approach; few inquiries here and there, nothing significant.

I also created a landing page with a PayPal option for domains that I am selling for $xxx via outbound; but I think the GoDaddy approach might be worth trying. Thanks for sharing @NameClerk.com

•••

This approach sacrifices all parking revenues but eliminates many obstacles in the purchasing process by leveraging the familiarity/trust that people have with Godaddy. I think it increases the chances for spontaneous purchases quite a bit.

As domainers, we're familiar with companies like Afternic, Sedo, and other parking companies but the average business owner is not.

Disadvantages: Only works with domains at Godaddy. You must set your BIN price, no negotiations or offers. 20% commission on Premium listings which is better than the previous 30%

How can we configure GD registry path? please guide me..Thanks

•••
Last edited:
•••
should we change the nameservers to GD?
Should we buy the cashparking?
Thanks for your input..

•••
should we change the nameservers to GD?
Should we buy the cashparking?
Thanks for your input..
Can't speak to GD CashParking as I've never really used it. I prefer that a type in visitor is immediately shown the purchase option as selling the domain is my goal.

I allow GD to change the nameservers but I don't think you have to. Even if your DNS is still set to Sedo or somewhere else, I believe the forwarding will take precedence over DNS. I haven't tested though.

•••
Thanks NC. does it works only to premium listing or normal listing also?

•••
Is there a commission for GD Premium Listings?

•••
•••
Thanks NC. does it works only to premium listing or normal listing also?
Haven't tested with normal auction listings since a visitor would have to be a member of Godaddy Auctions to bid. That's one of the purchasing obstacles I was talking about. The whole concept is to make it as easy as possible for the buyer to pull the trigger.

A process that's easy, at a price they can live with, at a website they're familiar with....

Important to note: I purchase domains for $25 and under and try to sell them in the $300 to $800 range. That's a nice margin and I'm not sacrificing parking revenue because most of my domains don't earn parking revenue anyway.

I treat revenue generating domains differently, keeping them parked until the ideal buyer comes knocking.

•••
•••
Is 800 uniques a month enough to make decent parking ernings?

•••
Does Uniques also make earnings? i dont know..I thought clicks only earn money..

•••
Is 800 uniques a month enough to make decent parking ernings?

So many variables to consider.....
I imagine it would be for competitive PPC markets (insurance, etc.)
IcedGems.com (cupcakes) not so much....

•••

I agree with Bill on this. I forwarded about 200 names to their Premium Listing at Godaddy about 1 month ago and it absolutely works. Sold 3 in this time frame all priced around $1,500. I believe not only that it gives the name credibility but it gives the sales process credibility. When someone lands on the homepage with the Premium Listing it looks like, in the buyers eyes, that Godaddy is selling the name and not me and because of this it converts into sales much easier. Buyers like to deal with reputable companies instead of some individual with a parked page and an email address. Try it out, it works! Worth the 20%.

•••
what would happen if we overpriced the domain? it gives any chance to negotiation?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back