IT.COM

advice Are Custom Landing Pages A Waste Of Time?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Parking your domains or using a custom landing page is always an interesting discussion. That is what we break down in our new video.

What are your thoughts on creating your own landing pages or using a parking companies?

-Omar

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only have about 25 domains so parking is never going to pay me well so I'm in the process of making my own landing pages. Because I only have a few names I can customise each one with a sales pitch and then I'll put links to the domains sales page at 4 different marketplaces and a contact us email lightbox so potential customers have a range of purchase option.

•••
You mentioned parking companies, but did you guys try Dub.io?

•••
You mentioned parking companies, but did you guys try Dub.io?

It looks very interesting. I'm going to try it. I particularly like their leads-inbox feature. I'm Dub.ious about their name though :) Does anybody have any comments about them?

•••
It looks very interesting. I'm going to try it. I particularly like their leads-inbox feature. I'm Dub.ious about their name though :) Does anybody have any comments about them?

I shared the fact that I liked the way they have operated and responded and the overall system. They allow fast parking a for sale page or mini site and quickly you can populate content without messing with wordpress. @Kevin Johnson has the dub thread. I prefer to ingest good RSS feeds with keywords related to the domain and a bunch of them I review in a couple months based on related keywords. It helps me to find more about different markets and end users involved and understand those markets for the domains, if you are into reading. I have had inquiries but no sales, but that fact isn’t related to this type of parking. Check out the thread.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/dub-io-a-new-tool-for-parking-your-domains.1021899/

•••
•••
Unless you have some groundbreaking idea for your landing page, then I agree it is a waste of time to build your own. No need to reinvent the wheel in most cases.

I only have about 40 domains these days, I have put many up for sale using NameSilo landing pages now. Very intuitive, easy to use, professional and low commission. Have had a few offers come through since I started doing this about a month ago.

•••
Unless you have some groundbreaking idea for your landing page, then I agree it is a waste of time to build your own. No need to reinvent the wheel in most cases.

I only have about 40 domains these days, I have put many up for sale using NameSilo landing pages now. Very intuitive, easy to use, professional and low commission. Have had a few offers come through since I started doing this about a month ago.

I've never used that companies landing page. Will possibly look into it in the future if I want to shake things up a bit!

-Omar

•••
Good names will get offers from any basic landing page. Fancy landing pages don't make bad names get offers. Clean/Simple works very well. I would favor those that don't hide buyer information or take a sales cut or use your own script. No sense losing buyer information or a sales commission when the companies do nothing to help sell your domains. Retain lead information and route to an escrow service building your database/business over handing your leads/$$$ away.

One advantage I've seen from doing my own or from using someone like http://www.domainmarketpro.com is I'm able to add links in the footer to affiliates or my own websites. If you have 10 domains that angle may not matter to ya but when I'm able to add those links to many hundreds of my domains it produces a significant monthly revenue without selling any domains so it just adds a cushion to my already existing patience of holding for end user only sales. Last link I added in the footer to one of my own sites continues to add more sales 13 so far in the last couple of months and all that have come up for renewal so far have rebilled which equals xxx a month without selling any domains so free money for domain renewals.

•••
:) Happy to help in anyway.

For the name Dub.io :)

1. It was short.
2. It had ".io" so was quite geeky - I liked it.
3. Not sure if any of you would remember, but back when Internet started to get famous (gosh I feel old), people used to say "www.yahoo.com" as "dub-dub-dub, dot, ya-hoo, dot...."... as an abbreviated pronunciation of "W". Not sure if that makes ANY of the sense... but if I'm going to stretch out to find a meaning for Dub.io, here it is :xf.smile:

•••
well.. the bottom line is probabyl that if someone wants yoru domain, it won't make a difference to them if you'll be clicking on a parked page forsale banner or some contact form on your forsale lander, to get that domain.

I mean, imagine yourself in the buyer's shoes. would it matter to you? no of course not.

•••
Doesn't matter either way as long as your names are good

•••
i think they are a waste.

if someone wants your name, they will not care if they click on parked page sale banner to talk to you, or if they fill out the form. this is pure comon sense.. just imagine yourself in buyer shoes. you want the name. do you care abotu contact method? of course not.

just make sure the parking company has a clear visible banner. not all of them do. most yes.

•••
Don't need them to make a sale. Redirecting to SEDO, Afternic etc, sale pages should work out :)

•••
Good names will get offers from any basic landing page. Fancy landing pages don't make bad names get offers. Clean/Simple works very well.

Agreed. The quality of the domain is most important.

For the name Dub.io :)

1. It was short.
2. It had ".io" so was quite geeky - I liked it.
3. Not sure if any of you would remember, but back when Internet started to get famous (gosh I feel old), people used to say "www.yahoo.com" as "dub-dub-dub, dot, ya-hoo, dot...."... as an abbreviated pronunciation of "W". Not sure if that makes ANY of the sense... but if I'm going to stretch out to find a meaning for Dub.io, here it is :xf.smile:

Thanks for that Kevin!

I mean, imagine yourself in the buyer's shoes. would it matter to you? no of course not.

I fell the same way. It is the quality of the name that is of most importance.

Doesn't matter either way as long as your names are good

Yep!

Don't need them to make a sale. Redirecting to SEDO, Afternic etc, sale pages should work out :)

I've never re-directed to a "for sales" page. Sounds interested but also like a lot of work to do for each domain....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back