Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just reg'd 3D-GAMER.net :) (Allready have .info + 3DGamer.org)

Thanks to Goddady 99cents coupon! lol

•••
Iv'e been staring at this domain for the past 3 weeks and kept getting that "buy it" "buy it" urge/demand. In the end I don't think i'd have slept easy if I had seen it someone else's account. I know you all like the longtail domains (hah) so here it is in all its glory.

KidsShutterGlasses.com/info

Quite a mouthful but...... guess what.....I believe it has more than a good chance of making some high revenue once developed :)

•••
3DAuctioneer (new!)

3DAuctioneer.com

My plans are to set up an auction-style affiliate site similar to ebay where we will sell both New & Used 3D electronics; w/ "buy it now" options.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
•••
3DAuctioneer.com ™

My plans are to set up an auction-style affiliate site similar to ebay where we will sell both New & Used 3D electronics; w/ "buy it now" options.

Thanks,
Dave

sounds like fun.. i'm in :)

be careful with that TM symbol... i believe it's actually illegal to post a tm symbol on anything that's not a legal trademark. (can anybody confirm that or am i mistaken?)

.. just sayin

.. but cool name as long as it follows the cool idea in this case.

Good luck to you

•••
Thanks for the heads-up on the TM symbol

•••
Iv'e been staring at this domain for the past 3 weeks and kept getting that "buy it" "buy it" urge/demand. In the end I don't think i'd have slept easy if I had seen it someone else's account. I know you all like the longtail domains (hah) so here it is in all its glory.

KidsShutterGlasses.com/info

Quite a mouthful but...... guess what.....I believe it has more than a good chance of making some high revenue once developed :)

i'm having one of these cravings right now... the inner battle is killing me. :)

•••
do u guys think 3dcontentproviders is worth $100 or more or less ?

btw i think better reg only domains you think you can sell or you plan to build a minisite on and keep

Last edited:
•••
less to me , good luck with it

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

using 99indy godaddy code 3dslider/com ...$1.20 cost

•••
alright .. i cracked
haha

been on my list for some time now and i had to finally pull the trigger

• Unlimited-3d.com

LOVE IT!!

Great name for games, streaming, movies, internet service, cable tv, adult videos (oops)... and especially geared towards any 3d service that will offer a subscription service of some kind.

...it's not TOO long, still only two words, and the dash, to me, is actually somewhat fitting here, or maybe i should say, 'NOT exactly out of place' if you were to market the name (is that agreed?)

i DO feel better though (haha)

your thoughts?

•••
I just snagged the following domains

3d-driving.net
3dtvrecorder.net
3dvoip.info
iptv3d.net

Does anyone see value in these names?

•••

3d-driving.net
3dtvrecorder.net
3dvoip.info
iptv3d.net

~eh~

not crazy about them
.. but that's just me

good luck with them anyhow

•••
•••
•••
I've got a better one than them all.

3d-health.com

I really like this one :). The medical field will for sure go the way of 3d with surgeries and more (telemedicine). Wish the hyphen wasn't there though.

Definitely worth putting a minisite on it with info on the 3d health technology coming out. Good luck with it.

•••
I really like this one :). The medical field will for sure go the way of 3d with surgeries and more (telemedicine).

I caught Telesurgery.org last year. Also got RemoteSurgery.org to go along with it. I kinda keep up a bit with that field. 3d Telesurgery has been around since 2003. It's no new thing. The only reason I even got those names is to keep them out of the hands of some domainer turd and give them to the right people when the technology gets standardized.

ZOMG 3dTELESURGERY.com and 3dREMOTESURGERY.com ARE AVAILABLE TO REG!!

RUN!!

RUN!!

GET IT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES!!!

FAST!!!

HURRY!!

NEXT BIG THING!!!!

SHOCK!!!

AWE!!!

THE TELESURGERY FIELD WILL COME TO YOU, HAT IN HAND, UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT THOSE DOMAINS!!!

MILLIONS TO BE MADE!

PERHAPS BILLIONS!!

OR EVEN TRILLIONS!!!

IT'S 3D MANIA!!!!

Last edited:
•••
I've got a better one than them all.

3d-health.com

I have 3dhealth.org

I also own 3ddoppler.com and doppler3d.com
I liked these two because it could be used for medical or weather.

•••
...be careful with that TM symbol... i believe it's actually illegal to post a tm symbol on anything that's not a legal trademark. (can anybody confirm that or am i mistaken?)...

Per Trademark FAQs

Are there federal regulations governing the use of the designations "TM" or "SM" with trademarks?

No. Use of the symbols "TM" or "SM" (for trademark and service mark, respectively) may, however, be governed by local, state, or foreign laws and the laws of the pertinent jurisdiction must be consulted. These designations usually indicate that a party claims rights in the mark and are often used before a federal registration is issued.

•••
•••

3dvoip.info

Is voip trademarked? I only ask because i was looking at a voip name before and it was trademarked. Not really sure how trademarks hang together mind you.

Just regged coms:-
3dxv
wikipedia tells me that Xv is a common abbreviation for the X video extension. xv is a shareware program to display and modify digital images.

3dwetv
womens entertainment tv. An American cable television channel. Trademark is dead. If it isn't i will be!!

Last edited:
•••
grabbed a sweetheart of a name the other day
... GREAT cross over name .. a pretty rare find, if you ask me
... in the way it crosses over into big money territiory

• 3DUI.info

'3d User Interface' was what i was searching for..GREAT, got it ..

... but after looking it at it, i saw that it's a GREAT "DUI" name as well ('Driving Under The Influence')...

"3rd offense" DUI.. usually leads to VERY expensive lawyers
(and some 'vacation time')

pretty cool, huh?
:)

•••
Registered my first .tv domain being a 3D one.

Watching3D.TV

•••
i just cannot agree with the recent regs, anyone else feel the same ?

anyway me not experienced domainer.....

•••
I think the well is running dry here. Most of the regs over the last several pages are getting very weak.

Brad

•••
I have to agree with bmugford and inquirerSG. I love my Watching3D.TV though :D

•••
Cant wait for 3DBLONDE.COM :lala:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back