Termination of domain registrar MITSU INC by Nixi

NameSilo
Watch

dnk

Established Member
Impact
Received the following message from Nixi

Dear Registrant / Customer,

This is to inform that the registrar account of your current registrar – Mitsu Inc. has been terminated by National Internet Exchange of India(NIXI) which manages the .IN Registry.

In view of the termination, your registrar will not be able to provide you any domain management services for .IN or .भारत (in all supported languages).

In order to protect your rights and commercial interests,.IN Registry hereby informs you to transfer your domain(s) to an alternate Accredited Registrar of .IN Registry of your choice. Please view the link below for the list of registrars - https://registry.in/Accredited_Registrars

You may contact your preferred new registrar on your own for transferring your domain(s) and follow the process as may be advised by the new registrar.

Meanwhile to maintain continuity, .IN Registry is taking over the control of your domain names and if you require any changes to your existing contact details or Nameserver associated with your domain name, you are requested to send an email from your registrant email id, as reflecting in whois records to [email protected].

While moving to a new registrar, you are requested to contact .IN Registry to obtain your domain authorization or “AUTH CODE” – which will be required by the new registrar to initiate transfer of your domain(s).

You are requested to complete the transfer process in the next 15 days from the date of this email. If not, .IN Registry will initiate its own process to transfer your domain to another registrar as may be determined by .IN Registry.

Sincerely yours,
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)

Has anyone else received this email, and knows what is the real reason for termination of Mitsu, as it is causing a lot of inconvenience

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone have any updates on the .in domain names

•••
My lawyers are suing NIXI in U.S. Federal District Court in New York to force the release of the domains. We believe NIXI is acting in bad faith by keeping these domains hostage while Mitsu.in's termination is pending. We didn't believe there was a way to resolve the dispute amicably and had to commence legal action.

If you have valuable domains illegally seized by NIXI, I advise you to do the same to save your assets.

Last edited:
•••
My lawyers are suing NIXI in U.S. Federal District Court in New York to force the release of the domains. We believe NIXI is acting in bad faith by keeping these domains hostage while Mitsu.in's termination is pending. We didn't believe there was a way to resolve the dispute amicably and had to commence legal action.

If you have valuable domains illegally seized by NIXI, I advise you to do the same to save your assets.
I think you are reacting bit more than required, the fact is nixi not keeping anyones names. Stay order has been issued the mumbai high court. You sue where ever you want to sue , but i advise its waste of your time and money. As the NIXI's actions according to the Indian courts order.

The other hand i understand your frustration and i also an victim like you , High court has asked the NIXI to appoint an arbitration panel and the arbitration panel will focus on resolving the issue amicably. I am also not happy with the whole episode, my view is give a month or two , very likely the issue will be resolved amicably. In terms of our domains, i believe nothing will happen to them as we are not the party to any dispute , the dispute is between the registry and registar. End of the day , its your choice.. personally i wouldnt sue Nixi at this hour as they are acting as per the law of land.

•••
I think you are reacting bit more than required, the fact is nixi not keeping anyones names. Stay order has been issued the mumbai high court. You sue where ever you want to sue , but i advise its waste of your time and money. As the NIXI's actions according to the Indian courts order.

The other hand i understand your frustration and i also an victim like you , High court has asked the NIXI to appoint an arbitration panel and the arbitration panel will focus on resolving the issue amicably. I am also not happy with the whole episode, my view is give a month or two , very likely the issue will be resolved amicably. In terms of our domains, i believe nothing will happen to them as we are not the party to any dispute , the dispute is between the registry and registar. End of the day , its your choice.. personally i wouldnt sue Nixi at this hour as they are acting as per the law of land.
How many domains do you have with NIXI, any updates on the status of the domain names

•••
I got a reply from Mitsu regarding some renewals I have coming up, .in/.co.in names. They said 'Yes you can renew them, but please note that these names are locked at registry level so renewal action will only go through when NIXI removes the lock. Till then they will resolve normally.'

I think that means that if you pay for renewal they may not renew at that time. Will they expire though? I don't know. I am holding back from paying the renewals for now.

•••
I got a reply from Mitsu regarding some renewals I have coming up, .in/.co.in names. They said 'Yes you can renew them, but please note that these names are locked at registry level so renewal action will only go through when NIXI removes the lock. Till then they will resolve normally.'

I think that means that if you pay for renewal they may not renew at that time. Will they expire though? I don't know. I am holding back from paying the renewals for now.
How many domains do you have for renewal at present?

•••
•••
I have around 37 at Mitsu, only 10 expire in January though.

•••
I have around 37 at Mitsu, only 10 expire in January though.
Did any of the domains expire in November and December 2017, if yes, are they resolving

•••
None of them expired in November nor December 2017.

•••
Does anyone have any updates?

•••

You are not reading the facts correctly. NIXI terminated Mitsu.in as a registrar and took control of all its domains. The court then ordered NIXI not do transfer these domains to a third registrar. By doing that, the court effectively stopped Mitsu.in's termination. It is in NIXI's power to return the domains to Mitsu.in instead of holding them hostage. They are acting in bad faith and will pay for it.

•••
You are not reading the facts correctly. NIXI terminated Mitsu.in as a registrar and took control of all its domains. The court then ordered NIXI not do transfer these domains to a third registrar. By doing that, the court effectively stopped Mitsu.in's termination. It is in NIXI's power to return the domains to Mitsu.in instead of holding them hostage. They are acting in bad faith and will pay for it.

The entire internet sector in India is in a very great mess because there is no transparency, the corruption, nepotism of large companies allegedly google, tata who have appointed their mediocre inexperienced puppets with fake resumes to all positions of power and indian domain investors are the greatest victims
If the true details of the endless frauds, sex scandals are published in the mainstream media, politicians will look like saints

•••
my domain is expired in dec 4.2017 . what will do now ?

•••

Hello Srinivasan J said,

Welcome to NamePros

Was your domain registered at MITSU?

Peace,
Kenny

•••
What is the name of the domain name , has the url changed
Have you tried contacting NIXI

•••
Just signed up to post here. I have couple of .in domains with mitsu that expired in november. They are still resolving.

•••
Just signed up to post here. I have couple of .in domains with mitsu that expired in november. They are still resolving.
Please confirm that there is no change in name servers after expiry

•••
Has anyone renewed their Mitsu domains? They send me reminders. I am not sure if I should pay or not.

•••
Has anyone from this forum visited their office in Mumbai, or met anyone personally to get the latest upates?

•••
•••
The contract between the Registry and Registrar under the laws of the land rule supreme. The registrant as a leaseholder has very limited rights. First off understand domain names, the industry and law.... then you can ...go be "sue happy".

It is the end of the road for errant registrar(s), the names will remain in safe custody, one needs to implead (preferably as a group) in order to make a case for early release with reasoning.

Lot's of rumours floated by someone on a sinking ship, still using threats, misinformation, lies to secure additional income from renewals, while the facts remain. The arbitration update was shared to benefit you.

•••

Have you made any progress in getting the release of your domains registered with Mitsu? I completely support your action, its unacceptable for domains to be held hostage while this issue is played out between Mitsu and Nixi. I have complained to Reistry.in and Nixi but no reply.

•••
Strange idea to sue Nixi in the US in the first place. AFAIK Nixi and the Indian registry are in India.

•••
Have you made any progress in getting the release of your domains registered with Mitsu? I completely support your action, its unacceptable for domains to be held hostage while this issue is played out between Mitsu and Nixi. I have complained to Reistry.in and Nixi but no reply.
NIXI does not appear to be bothered about the domain investors, they are giving very vague replies, the mainstream media in India should cover the entire episode

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back