Dynadot

Teenagers Networking - and some advice.

NameSilo
Watch
Hey guys,

So as i approach my last year here in this forums (yes sad to know i am growing up.) i am gonna let you in on a secret. If your a young Developer, domain or designer you have to work two times as hard as you would if you we're an adult. So what do you do? you network with other teenagers.

I'll you this now, not everyone you wok with now will be doing websites in 3 years. Some may quit and come back, much like i did but if you network and help each other succeed, in turn you will succeed.

If you have a group of say 25 people who are all designer, developers who say have a twitter account, a personal blog etc. You have 25 ways you can reach 25 times more people than by your self.

I know James, Gareth and I and IDavid all did it when it was basically just us 4 being the core teenagers of this forum. To this day i am still subscribed to each on of their blogs and we all help each other out if we can.

I am not saying you always need to help them out, but if you do a weekly blog about a few of the sites they told you about that they launched maybe reviewing them it'll help not only yourself, with extra content that if done right will help you. But it'll also give you good karma, in a way that if you ask them next week for help real quickly they will do the same.

The internet is a tough place to work, and truth is the more people you know the better off you are. So here's what i recommend. Since only us teenagers can see this, (and the casual admin who misses the teen forum *cough*) Lets start a way to thread to quickly start our networking.

Name: John "BMFX" Mathews
Website: John “BMFX” Mathews, E-Sports Blog & True Element Designs v. 2.0 & Real Teen Help and Advice - For Teens, By Teens!
Twitter: John (BMFX) on Twitter & realteenhelp (realteenhelp) on Twitter
Facebook: Log In | Facebook
MSN: [email protected]
What i do: Webdesign as well as coding, xhtml & css as well as some php and javascript. ( i am rusty though).

Feel free to add me on anything, if you post here i am sure i'll be adding you. This is something i am really going to try and get going, is a network of teenagers trying to help build each other up for the success of us all.

- John (i feel old now)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back