Dynadot

Targeted Traffic on parked Pages

NameSilo
Watch

Jeanco

RyanPrice.ca - DeveloperEstablished Member
Impact
Hey,

Currently I've got www.livepoker.us running as a pop-under window on www.ePasture.com and its generating a respectable amount of income with only 30-80 impressions a day (I split the pop-unders with another site, and some people have pop-up blockers). So I got to thinking I may try some of the targeted traffic campaigns because even if I get 4 or 5 clicks it will pretty much pay for itself.

My question is what are your experiences with paid-for traffic? I've preached before that I'd never use these type of services for real sites because I feel its misleading people when you go to sell the site and show stats, but when I'm using it to generate income off a PPC domain I think it may be a worthy investment.

So, I'm looking for reccommended companies and your experience with this type of traffic as I have never purchased traffic before. Do you generally just get people coming to the site for 5 seconds and closing the window, or do you get at least a 1% click-through rate?

Also, does anyone know if this is against any TOS?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buying traffic is against almost every PPC programs policy. Fab, Google, Sedo etc.. I don't recommend it. Most PPC programs pay for search engine traffic. Even typo traffic will be questioned & checked by some programs.

•••
Yeah ok, I guess that option is out.

Thanks for the heads up

•••
You are not allowed to use it like you do already.

•••
What do you mean exactly cmos?

•••
No buying traffic to your parked page. Illegal and may get your account banned

•••
At all PPC Places or just some? It seems like some programs would allow basically all tapes of traffic, even at reduced rates.

•••
Ya stay away from it

At all PPC Places or just some? It seems like some programs would allow basically all tapes of traffic, even at reduced rates.

Certain let say less polished allow it, but prob not for long

•••
Yes cmos is correct. I have talked with fabulous to calrify and pop-under traffic is not allowed. I wll be removing it tonight.

•••
Originally posted by .edu
Buying traffic is against almost every PPC programs policy. Fab, Google, Sedo etc.. I don't recommend it. Most PPC programs pay for search engine traffic. Even typo traffic will be questioned & checked by some programs.
wow didn't know they were that tough

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back