IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Discussion: 2012-2013

It's that time of the year again when I have the pleasure of creating this thread for the 2012 TRAFFIC Auction. :D

Here are some of the domains to be auctioned off:

http://www.targetedtraffic.com/program/2012/domain-auction.php

Some of the names that have been accepted thus far are:

Lot #101 Tumors.com (No Reserve)
Lot #102 Fibre.com ($1 Reserve)
Lot #103 3dMovie.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot #104 DesPlaines.com ($1000 Reserve)
Lot #105 (Awaiting Signed Contract)
Lot#106 gtldforum.com (No Reserve)
Lot#107 gTLD.org ($1000 Reserve)

These are the runner-ups.

SolarBusiness.com
VirginiaMortgages.com
BrownNose.com
BulletproofVest.com
gtldAttorney.com (No Reserve)
VisitBogota.co (No Reserve) (a .co?? :cy:)
Tumors.net (No Reserve)

Note:

Once we have 100 slots reserved for the Live Auction, and great domains are still coming in, we will select the ones with the very best chance to sell. We plan to sell as close to 100% of the inventory selected for the Live Auction as possible.

berkens_bandit_rick.jpg

Dibs on the girl standing behind the King. :xf.love:

Are you submitting any names?

Let's hear about it!

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What was the final result, names sold, total etc?

Very quiet out there and no update to Rick's blog or targetedtraffic.com for 3 days.

•••
cool

Last edited:
•••
Show runs until Oct. 10 so you'll have to wait until the show wraps up to get updates. Plus they need time to close all the deals through Escrow and final sold domains list will be released. It all depends on how fast buyer makes the payment and how fast the seller transfers the domain.

Few updates here > https://www.facebook.com/TRAFFIC.Conference

Last edited:
•••
As I said in the start of this thread, when you lose your credibility it's hard to get it back. Let it be known and let this auction be a lesson to all "Domain Bloggers" and "Domain Kings" which use their status and popularity to trick domainers to pump up the value of USELESS extensions and dump their own and all those private auctions who have used schill biddings and other dirty tactics in their auctions to trick hard working domainers, those days are looooong gone.

We are maturer, wiser and one thing is clear. You have lost your respect. To all new comers let this be a clear lesson if you want to be respected and win business partnerships don't sell out to your own community.

There is a chatter that a big annual european / international auction is coming made available by some huge successful business entities.

•••
What was the final result, names sold, total etc?

Very quiet out there and no update to Rick's blog or targetedtraffic.com for 3 days.

There is a post up now.

•••
•••
He also says that some domains coming close to reserve may be sold. Would love to see those sales!

•••
The way I read it, it's already dead (that platform/event):

"Given the same 10,000 or more domains submitted, I would choose the same ones."

Either he can't pick them (not good) or

He picked the best, and if that was in fact the best, the people have stopped submitting good names (not good for that auction) I mean, there weren't better names submitted than vaginas.co or teeny.tv? So maybe people are just not putting their good domains in this auction anymore.

Last edited:
•••
The way I read it, it's already dead (that platform/event):

"Given the same 10,000 or more domains submitted, I would choose the same ones."

Either he can't pick them (not good) or

He picked the best, and if that was in fact the best, the people have stopped submitting good names (not good for that auction)

I think he picked the best from the submissions. If sell.com had been submitted it would've been in. Surely a sign of today's market IMO.

•••
added to last post.

Last edited:
•••
I think he picked the best from the submissions.

i'm sorry but i simple can't believe he picked the best ones.

•••
I think he picked the best from the submissions. If sell.com had been submitted it would've been in. Surely a sign of today's market IMO.

I can guarantee you there were better domains submitted than vaginas.co lol, but the domain value criteria wasn't enough to get the domain approved.

•••
i'm sorry but i simple can't believe he picked the best ones.

Then it must be your position that he didn't want to make money. Wouldn't make sense...

•••
Then it must be your position that he didn't want to make money. Wouldn't make sense...

100% certain that he wanted me or anyone else to pay to list the domains there.
you buy a 1500 ticket to go there and you have 100 dollar domains on auction? doesn't make any sense to me...or even worse...5$ domains lol

•••
I can guarantee you there were better domains submitted than vaginas.co lol, but the domain value criteria wasn't enough to get the domain approved.

It's not necessarily the best domain. Much of it relies on seller expectations. If I submit kids.tv with a million dollar reserve its gonna get rejected. The domain quality is irrelevant at that point.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

you buy a 1500 ticket to go there and you have 100 dollar domains on auction? doesn't make any sense to me...or even worse...5$ domains lol

I didn't pay nor was I asked to and he accepted my domain in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
•••
I have the same opinion.
It's not necessarily the best domain. Much of it relies on seller expectations. If I submit kids.tv with a million dollar reserve its gonna get rejected. The domain quality is irrelevant at that point.
So you'd rather accept vaginas.co with no reserve (or teeny.tv, or those 30+ .me domains) and reject kids.tv in 5 mins? Wouldn't be a solution to accept the domain (kids.tv) and once the auction is over, seller decides to accept or not the final price? Or suggest the seller to reduce the reserve price?

Last edited:
•••
I have the same opinion.

So you'd rather accept vaginas.co with no reserve (or teeny.tv, or those 30+ .me domains) and reject kids.tv in 5 mins? Wouldn't be a solution to accept the domain (kids.tv) and once the auction is over, seller decides to accept or not the final price? Or suggest the seller to reduce the reserve price?

Your opinion of pay to play carries no weight with me since I have first hand experience.

Your approach to submissions is wacky IMO. It's like taking a house worth $50k and sending it to auction with a $500k reserve. What's the point? It's best to keep your feet on level ground when business is involved.

•••
well that depends keith.
the reserve price is an insurance that you will only sell if the price is right, pretty much like in your case, the reserve price was almost reach but lacking (very small difference).

•••
well that depends keith.
the reserve price is an insurance that you will only sell if the price is right, pretty much like in your case, the reserve price was almost reach but lacking (very small difference).

The reserve has to be realistic or there's no point to auctioning the domain.

•••
Your opinion of pay to play carries no weight with me since I have first hand experience.

Your approach to submissions is wacky IMO. It's like taking a house worth $50k and sending it to auction with a $500k reserve. What's the point? It's best to keep your feet on level ground when business is involved.

I'd rather have a house with a value of $50k and with a reserve price of $500k than sell trash for $5 in a place where the ticket is $2k.
I don't think the high reserve price was the problem of not accepting better domains, because there are many solutions available.
We should not forget this wasn't the first TRAFFIC auction.

•••
well he sold "trash" at 5$... 100 for 500$ ? c'om... what's that? like he says...PS lol

•••
I'd rather have a house with a value of $50k and with a reserve price of $500k than sell trash for $5 in a place where the ticket is $2k.

You seem to be hung up on the fact that there was an admission charge to attend the event. Lets be clear, domain submission had nothing to do with attendance. My guess is that the majority of submissions were from folks who did NOT attend the event.

•••
if i payed that amount of money to go to a live auction, and the domains where shit, i would be pissed.

•••
if i payed that amount of money to go to a live auction, and the domains where shit, i would be pissed.

Yes but the auction was a small portion of the weekend. It's really a chance to network and further your knowledge about the domain industry.

•••
that for me - since i didn't went - doesn't count,the only factor that matters was the auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back