IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Discussion: 2012-2013

It's that time of the year again when I have the pleasure of creating this thread for the 2012 TRAFFIC Auction. :D

Here are some of the domains to be auctioned off:

http://www.targetedtraffic.com/program/2012/domain-auction.php

Some of the names that have been accepted thus far are:

Lot #101 Tumors.com (No Reserve)
Lot #102 Fibre.com ($1 Reserve)
Lot #103 3dMovie.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot #104 DesPlaines.com ($1000 Reserve)
Lot #105 (Awaiting Signed Contract)
Lot#106 gtldforum.com (No Reserve)
Lot#107 gTLD.org ($1000 Reserve)

These are the runner-ups.

SolarBusiness.com
VirginiaMortgages.com
BrownNose.com
BulletproofVest.com
gtldAttorney.com (No Reserve)
VisitBogota.co (No Reserve) (a .co?? :cy:)
Tumors.net (No Reserve)

Note:

Once we have 100 slots reserved for the Live Auction, and great domains are still coming in, we will select the ones with the very best chance to sell. We plan to sell as close to 100% of the inventory selected for the Live Auction as possible.

berkens_bandit_rick.jpg

Dibs on the girl standing behind the King. :xf.love:

Are you submitting any names?

Let's hear about it!

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sorry Mr.Curly you will get in one day imo, its an excellent name.

•••
•••
Eh, not so good. I think I see better at Namejet auctions. Woke up a little late but I think I have at least 90%+ accuracy above. Sometimes hard to hear, commercial here and there.

Looks like this was the biggest one from when I started that actually sold - ShortTermLoan.com - $17,500, then after that $7,000. Then a dropoff. Looks like some earlier ones sold for a few thousand.

Have to check the earlier ones.

Last edited:
•••
Not much sold for big bucks really, I see GoldBullion.com only made it to $25k but didn't meet reserve!

•••
I think these major auctions need better domain pickers.

There are some good domains in the mix surrounded by pure garbage.
The amount of garbage really detracts from the good domains.

Many of the domains in this auction are the quality of GoDaddy closeout names.

Brad

•••
Some real missed opportunities there.
Mine didn't meat my reserve, missed it by half.

OnlineWallet would have went for $25k had there been real end users there.

•••
"I think these major auctions need better domain pickers."

Exactly. This one and the monthly Sedo auctions. There have to better names. Just not doing a good job picking names. Then with this one, no online bidding, and having to tell them your max beforehand on phone bidding? if that was true is ridiculous. Doesn't help.

•••
I wanted to watch plugin.com auction. :(

Eh, not so good. I think I see better at Namejet auctions. Woke up a little late but I think I have at least 90%+ accuracy above. Sometimes hard to hear, commercial here and there.

Looks like this was the biggest one from when I started that actually sold - ShortTermLoan.com - $17,500, then after that $7,000. Then a dropoff. Looks like some earlier ones sold for a few thousand.

Have to check the earlier ones.

Thank you. :)

•••
I'm a complete domaining novice, and I watched this auction in the hope of furthering my domain education a little. The names I own are embarrassingly probably 80% garbage, but there were a lot in this auction that even I wouldn't consider hand regging. I wasn't sure if it was because I don't know how to recognise value, or some of the names up for auction were just poor.

Some of your comments seem to indicate it was the later.

•••
Did desplaines.com end up selling i think it was lot 104

•••
•••
I'm a complete domaining novice, and I watched this auction in the hope of furthering my domain education a little. The names I own are embarrassingly probably 80% garbage, but there were a lot in this auction that even I wouldn't consider hand regging. I wasn't sure if it was because I don't know how to recognise value, or some of the names up for auction were just poor.

Some of your comments seem to indicate it was the later.

It was the latter. In what's supposed to be the premier auction, to have domains selling in the hundreds $xxx, it's just not a good look. I think some people might see Big Domainer or Big Auction House and figure, they should be able to pick good names. It's like looking at Michael Jordan, one of the best players ever, but he sucks as a majority owner/chairman of the Bobcats. That's just the reality to this point.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
By all account even some of the GoDaddy Closeout domains went for $XXXX. Incredible! I agree with you about the domain pickers. Crap! All-in-all, a great big Yawn. If this is the state of the industry, then there's hope for me selling some of my crap names also :)

I think these major auctions need better domain pickers.

There are some good domains in the mix surrounded by pure garbage.
The amount of garbage really detracts from the good domains.

Many of the domains in this auction are the quality of GoDaddy closeout names.

Brad

•••
So why the poor results?

Is it bad market, junk names, lack of buyers, all the above?

•••
most of them where junk names, and the ones the domains i though they where good, clearly lack of good buyers but then again, with crap names along the mix that doesn't call that much good buyers to the mix...

•••
So why the poor results?

Is it bad market, junk names, lack of buyers, all the above?

All of the above.

The economy is soft.

The domain quality was poor overall.

The venue itself caters to resellers only.

Brad

•••
I thought 3DMovie.com would go for atleast 20k, i guess, someone got a huge bargain.

Oh well.

•••
I thought 3DMovie.com would go for atleast 20k, i guess, someone got a huge bargain.

Oh well.

oh that auction no way!
on a better auction with better names calling out bigger buyers, yes.

•••
The days of getting everyone together for a knock your socks off domain auction are over. This was known before the domain lineup was even published.

•••
My domain missed reserve by $250. I wonder if there is a way to let it go to the highest bidder?

•••
Didn't 3dmovie.com sell on sedo for a couple of grand a while ago?

3Dmovie.com €2,499.00

•••
•••
The days of getting everyone together for a knock your socks off domain auction are over. This was known before the domain lineup was even published.

The results this year seem much worse when compared to last year's results.

Looks like the quality of names accepted will just deteriorate as time goes by.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back