IT.COM

Switch from .COM to .IN – Indian Government’s New Slogan

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great move by NIXI to be proactive and sell .in to the marketplace. It shows the Registry is behind in full support. The potential for .in growth from 2 million to 3 million (Nixi's target for next march) is quite achievable. With 7-8% GDP growth, we can project .in domain valuations to go along with that. India is a large country with millions of entrepreneurs and its only a matter of time in getting the ship turned in the right direction with the incentives and a vision for the future.

•••
Great move by NIXI to be proactive and sell .in to the marketplace. It shows the Registry is behind in full support. The potential for .in growth from 2 million to 3 million (Nixi's target for next march) is quite achievable. With 7-8% GDP growth, we can project .in domain valuations to go along with that. India is a large country with millions of entrepreneurs and its only a matter of time in getting the ship turned in the right direction with the incentives and a vision for the future.
Absolutely .IN is on its way for growth.. a fastest growing economy , highest number of young people, huge number of startups , huge number of smart phone users, cheaper 4g connections ...etc ... so much going on, so government doing the right thing.

•••
•••
It's high time for the Indian Government to massively promote .IN and India related domains within India and abroad, it is certainly a very important step in the right direction. Hope they continue to push further to promote the small Indian business in India and abroad by encouraging them to adopt these domains. Given the huge size of the Indian middle-class market and the buying potential, the Indian eCommerce can further propel it to be a truly global economic leader.

•••
•••
Finally, they understood that .in has a huge potential. It took time!
Happy to read such great news: an organic growth supported by a government )

•••
It's high time for the Indian Government to massively promote .IN and India related domains within India and abroad, it is certainly a very important step in the right direction. Hope they continue to push further to promote the small Indian business in India and abroad by encouraging them to adopt these domains. Given the huge size of the Indian middle-class market and the buying potential, the Indian eCommerce can further propel it to be a truly global economic leader.
Fully agree , its the timing which is very important for everything. even for domainers... its the right time for .IN domain investments

•••
Finally, they understood that .in has a huge potential. It took time!
Happy to read such great news: an organic growth supported by a government )

Great job by Mr Rajiv Bansal and his team .. looking forward to see more reforms for the betterment of .IN growth

•••
I am a massive believer of .COM and more inclined to .COM and I am from South India. Now I can see lot of .IN websites getting advertised on bill boards and slowly i am end up accepting .IN is the way forward for India. I was selling .IN names cheap a year before, kind of regretting at the same time glad i have still fewer names left out with me. now its the time to re-focus my strategy and acquire some nice .IN names.

•••
Now Getting Support from Government will be advantage for .In Domain Investors.. We will see huge demand for .IN domains in coming months.

Good News is that NIXI Ceo, Rajiv Bansal said that they are planning to add another 1 Million Domains by March 2017 and for the same there proposal includes offering some kind of a discount - perhaps a new domain registration for Rs 150 or Rs 200 ie $2-3 to attract new businesses.

•••
I am a massive believer of .COM and more inclined to .COM and I am from South India. Now I can see lot of .IN websites getting advertised on bill boards and slowly i am end up accepting .IN is the way forward for India. I was selling .IN names cheap a year before, kind of regretting at the same time glad i have still fewer names left out with me. now its the time to re-focus my strategy and acquire some nice .IN names.
Yes I have noticed several such advertisements across south India during the december 2015 trip.

•••
Now Getting Support from Government will be advantage for .In Domain Investors.. We will see huge demand for .IN domains in coming months.

Good News is that NIXI Ceo, Rajiv Bansal said that they are planning to add another 1 Million Domains by March 2017 and for the same there proposal includes offering some kind of a discount - perhaps a new domain registration for Rs 150 or Rs 200 ie $2-3 to attract new businesses.

as of today number of registrations are 21,36,979 ... just 8 months another circa 863K names registrations is not a small number... it took almost 5 to 6years to get the first 863k registrations... now in 8 months..???
I guess government will also offer some perks for using .IN extension .. startups are getting emails to use .IN and also targeting students to use .IN names too.

•••
.IN is on the move.The way 4g is shaping up in India its a matter of time before we see the explosion.
way to go .In

•••
That's good news for .IN community.

•••
People would terribly miss the .in Bandwagon and will cry years later, much like how they complain that they missed the .com era. It's the .in era that is about to rise.

•••
.IN is on the move.The way 4g is shaping up in India its a matter of time before we see the explosion.
way to go .In
4G is too good , i have tested the same in remote villages of South India during my december 2015 trip.. good to see the 4g connections are working and also the speeds are at managable level.. offcourse its 2015 december, i am visiting next week again ... hope this time i can use newly launched reliance 4g technology.. i heard from friends its much faster and clearly a game changer..

Last edited:
•••
People would terribly miss the .in Bandwagon and will cry years later, much like how they complain that they missed the .com era. It's the .in era that is about to rise.
Considering the speed at which India is changing, people are not missing the .in train. They miss the .in plane :)

•••
I fully agree with the majority of comments on this thread. The .IN extension will grow beyond belief in the next few years, the time to invest is NOW, otherwise many will be complaining that they missed yet another important train with unlimited potential.

The decision of the government to now start marketing and pushing the national .IN extension is a great move, one that will surely massively increase the take up and useage of .IN names within India. The great thing about this extension is that it is also being used outside of India too, as it truly is a global extension as well as being the primary national extension of India. It is short and easy to use and remember, plus it can be used for a variety of meanings, dot IN for dot INternational, dot IN for dot INternet, dot IN for dot INcorporated etc...etc.....many possibilities exist and of course dot IN for dot INdia!

In regards to the push within India, the Indian government has a lot of influencing power amongst the population and in some ways, very much like China, the people of India often follow en masse the recommendations of the government, believing that not doing so would be un-nationalist and could cause problems for them in the future. Therefore it is much easier for most individuals and companies to go with the flow and advice of the government to make it easier for them to escape the dreaded bureaucracy of the Indian administrative system, if you do not fall in line with the sorts of initiatives that they prefer you to use. I can envisage the .IN extension useage being pushed through all major government departments and marketing sectors.

The push of .IN names by the government is a welcomed and positive initiative that will create an enormous surge in developed .IN sites popping up very quickly over the coming months/years. And this positive move, is an indication of further future positive developments in policies and initiatives that the new pro digital government is/will be taking to push forward the symbolic power and use of the .IN extension within India and globally too!

Well done to the Indian government and the Indian IT ministry!! :)

.IN is definitely the future!!

•••
What is the drop time of .in?

I asked reigstry.in. Their answer was "We dont have such a time". Unbelievable.

•••
I will be offering desk pillows to those who still don't believe India is going to be next China in domaining. ;)

•••
What is the drop time of .in?

I asked reigstry.in. Their answer was "We dont have such a time". Unbelievable.

It starts at 20:00 UTC and stretches to 20:02 or 20:03 depending on the number of dropped domains.

Last edited:
•••
Great news, thanks for sharing.

There was already a lot of positive movement in the .in space since the start of the year... Growth was good and we saw quite a few decent $xx,xxx sales (lots also went unreported) and with news such as this we should expect that growth / value trajectory rising more steeply.

I've also witnessed more and more businesses (of all sizes) using .in domains in mainstream advertising. Big giants such as Amazon also running their sites on .in names. This is just the beginning. We've just passed that tipping point. Over the next year or two I'd expect we'll see the serious explosion.

•••
I am an Indian myself and is happy to learn that the Indian Government is promoting .IN domains.
However, do not question my patriotism please, most steps the Indian Government takes (irrespective of the political party in power) is either keeping the election in mind or favouring a big business house or a big scam in folding.
I have found out something fishy about India Government Domains not following the rules laid down by the Government itself. Promoting something which you either don't have knowledge on or is not keen to follow the rules yourself is just something ridiculous.

I urge Indian domainers and bloggers particularly to have a look on the following reports and draw the attention of the Indian Government.

#IndiaGovDomains

•••
I am an Indian myself and is happy to learn that the Indian Government is promoting .IN domains.
However, do not question my patriotism please, most steps the Indian Government takes (irrespective of the political party in power) is either keeping the election in mind or favouring a big business house or a big scam in folding.
I have found out something fishy about India Government Domains not following the rules laid down by the Government itself. Promoting something which you either don't have knowledge on or is not keen to follow the rules yourself is just something ridiculous.

I urge Indian domainers and bloggers particularly to have a look on the following reports and draw the attention of the Indian Government.

#IndiaGovDomains
Indian Govt websites and .IN domain promotion has no links . You should inform the demerits to Govt. officials , so they can take proper action . Posting here will have no output and will make a negative impact . We want .IN domain growth and thanking NIXI initiative . Regarding Govt website whois issue and designing - security issue , Concern body are there . Pls remove the video links .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back