IT.COM

sales Swetha’s Sales – The Truth May Shock You!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

XNetwork.comTop Member
Impact
Here is a nice article posted on NameBio.com by Michael Sumner the CEO of NameBio.com. He asked for Swetha's aka @DNGear username and password to log into her Afternic account to confirm the sales once and for all, read it all below or go to https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

Swetha’s Sales – The Truth May Shock You!​

Yesterday there was quite the stir on Twitter after Swetha reported another batch of jaw-dropping .xyz sales. User @jackdomainer did some research and found that an overwhelming majority of her sales were still not developed, which he thought was suspicious given the price tags. Theories started flying around, and even the Castello Brothers and Rick Schwartz chimed in with vague statements alluding to some grand conspiracy.

Grab some popcorn and read it for yourself here:

The low rate of development was the only “proof” provided so far. But why report fake sales? Well isn’t it obvious? To boost the value of her own assets so she can dump them on unsuspecting wholesalers, hoping to reproduce her incredible success, for inflated prices.

But ask yourself this… how many times have you seen Swetha wholesaling premium .xyz domains? I may have missed it, but I don’t recall seeing that.

For years I’ve been in the awkward position of publishing these sales reports. All I can go on is a screenshot, which she graciously provided for every single sale report since the day she started sharing. But screenshots can be faked relatively easily.

I could ask her to share her screen with me while she logs in to a marketplace, but even that could be faked with browser extensions that modify the page live. It’s more difficult than faking a screenshot, but not impossible. Not good enough.

To get a definitive answer, I reached out to Swetha and asked for the unthinkable. I asked if she would give me her username and password to her Afternic account, so I could log in myself and verify all the sales she has ever reported at this marketplace.

I felt bad even asking. Here she is sharing her valuable sales data with the community, all while being given endless grief about it. And now some stranger is asking to log in to her Afternic account. A lesser person would have just said “fuck it”, stopped reporting sales, and told me to go away. But you know what… she agreed! It was at this moment I knew it was all true and factual, but still, I’m going to “due diligence” the heck out of this.

So I quickly logged in to her Afternic account and visited this URL to get a dump of all the raw sales data. Then I started taking screenshots of her sales summary page. I logged out and let her know I was done so she could change her password. Then I started diving in.

One by one I checked the sales against what we have in our database. Every single one of them was perfect. Except I discovered something shocking. Quite a few of the sales were never reported. However good you think she’s doing based on what she has reported, she’s actually doing even better. That’s insane!

Now remember, Swetha has been reporting sales for quite a while now. All this time, she had no idea I would ever ask her to log in to any of her accounts, or which one(s) I would ask for. So if she was going to fabricate sales, she would have no way of knowing to always keep Afternic clean, as opposed to DAN or Escrow.com or whatever. Thus I now feel 100% confident in all her reports, not just the Afternic ones.

I also now feel confident in saying that Swetha is probably in the Top 100 of all domain investors who have ever lived, and she is probably in the Top 5 of all investors who aren’t part of the “old guard”. Maybe even #1 of the new generation.

But more than that, she is a kindhearted individual who is generously sharing what is working for her even though it makes new acquisitions more expensive for her. And even when the haters show up in droves, she stays the course. Thank you Swetha.

Is it possible that she’s a shill for the registry, and they’re creating hundreds of accounts across multiple marketplaces to buy the domains from her? I mean anything is possible. But it seems highly improbable that they would lock up funds and trust that she would always give them back, just to create the appearance of demand. They don’t benefit from the wholesale aftermarket, so it would just be for the sake of hand regs.

And then how do you explain the ones that are developed? And how do you explain other people getting large XYZ sales? Believe what you want, and skepticism is generally a healthy thing, but this theory seems so out there and lacking in any evidence that I have to think anyone who believes it is jealous (or loves conspiracy theories more than Rob Monster).

Here is the full screenshot I took of her sales summary page, with unreported sales blacked out for her privacy. Again, I took this screenshot myself while personally logged in to her Afternic account, it was not shared with me. I saw it with my own eyes.

Check out the screenshot of Swetha's sales at: https://namebio.com/assets/swetha-sales.jpg

Source: https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All this "big sales" even in COM and other TLDs are for generating handregs.
The question is why?
Because if you do a simple math equation, take the total number of registered domains in one TLD and multiply it by average renewal price, you will get the TOTAL answer of the equation.
The more handregs the bigger is the income of the registrars, some of this active guys here work at registrars and Google, they are their promoters, this is how they make money.
The only way to profit from domains is to have a registrar or to become a reseller, then create this "big sales" appear everywhere and you got your profitable corner in this industry.

•••
All this "big sales" even in COM and other TLDs are for generating handregs.
The question is why?
Because if you do a simple math equation, take the total number of registered domains in one TLD and multiply it by average renewal price, you will get the TOTAL answer of the equation.
The more handregs the bigger is the income of the registrars, some of this active guys here work at registrars and Google, they are their promoters, this is how they make money.
The only way to profit from domains is to have a registrar or to become a reseller, then create this "big sales" appear everywhere and you got your profitable corner in this industry.

Indeed, but I'm wondering how many actually renew their 1 buck xyz registrations? Probably 1%.
There will always be high registrations, because they are given away for free.
You can see what worthless XYZs people register on the relevant thread.
And even those that renew probably drop 80% of their XYZs.

Last edited:
•••
Many domain names do not get developed immediately for various reasons:
  • The name was purchased for a vague future plan.
  • The name was purchased for defensive purposes.
  • Plans change for a variety of reasons, business or personal.
  • Expected funding for the project fell through.
  • Etc.
In all extensions, and in a variety of selling prices, many names are not developed. For example,
  • I looked at 2021 .com sales of $25,000 and up, visiting, or trying to visit, 369 sites. 41% were developed, 5% were used in redirection, the rest either for sale again or not operational.
  • I looked at the all-time million dollar sales, almost all .com. I found that 63.5% were developed to some degree, and another 11.5% were redirected, but almost one-quarter, even of these elite sales were not in use.
  • If you go to the various analyses in different types of names and different TLDs you can see other data. For example, the recent analysis for .tv showed an even lower rate of development: just 29% developed, 3% coming soon and 4% in redirection use.
In the two studies I did for .XYZ, I used the same methodology of visiting, or trying to visit, each site in order to determine status. For example, my article from about a year ago: Past 12 Months of XYZ, A Look At The Data, when I looked at all sales $1000 and up there was a lower rate of development, 27% developed and 2% in redirection use. However, if one looks at the more significant sales, more likely to be retail, amongst sales of $20,000 and up, the 46% are developed.

One would expect high-value .com to be more likely to be quickly developed, since many of these sales are upgrades for well-established businesses. Not all, but many, of the .xyz retail sales are to Web3 startups. While some of these have secured investment, in many cases they are early-stage with essentially an idea and a white paper and little or even no funding.

Cherry picking a few sales, and trying to suggest something is wrong, is not analysis or responsible commentary, in my opinion.

As mentioned by others, anyone who has been in domaining for any length of time will know that many names never get developed, often not even have their DNS changed. This is nothing unique to one TLD. It tends to be less in high-value sales, but even with 7-figures a number of names don't get used.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
NO thread like this shall ever be closed.

Thank you.

And yes, for sure she made some good cash.

Question is just however,

a) are there any sales from swetha that may have been faked?

b) what about the buyers - why they spend that amount of money, and then are even too lazy to switch nameservers for their $110k domain...?

c) what about the other sales / sellers?

Thank you.

b) what about the buyers - why they spend that amount of money, and then are even too lazy to switch nameservers for their $110k domain...?

Thank you.

a) No doubt.

b) When sales are claimed on Namebio or DNJournal, it should be mandatory to state the form of payment. If it wasn't fiat, it should be claimed the alternative type of payment ie I don't care if you paid $25000 with useless Dogecoin for a domain. It is not a real sale. It's a fake sale because Dogecoin is worthless. If the sale was done with Bitcoin or ethereum, I can stomach that. Making payment method transparent would help a lot with the false sales pandemic and the "trying to sell success for more success" and "fake it til you make it" syndromes which are so easy to perpetuate behind the shield of the computer screen and impulses of electrical energy. If your fake it til you make it plot doesn't work out, you stand to hurt a lot of people, so keep that in mind when you are plotting. If you lie about a sale, you are hurting the domain industry as a whole and those who are trying to make purchases based on solid data.

c) Hiding behind the computer has made fraud so easy. It will eventually destroy a lot of online enterprises including the domain industry.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of those large .xyz sales were paid for with worthless cryptos and claimed as fiat sales. Then maybe there will be more fiat sales as "success sells success". Not claiming to know this to be true, but wouldn't be surprised.

I would be more interested in knowing exactly what Swetha took in compensation for the domains. It's not that interesting that someone goes into the account and just sees if the domains were sold and transferred. I want to see exactly WHAT they were traded for.

•••
Many domain names do not get developed immediately for various reasons:
  • The name was purchased for a vague future plan.
  • The name was purchased for defensive purposes.
  • Plans change for a variety of reasons, business or personal.
  • Expected funding for the project fell through.
  • Etc.
In all extensions, and in a variety of selling prices, many names are not developed. For example,
  • I looked at 2021 .com sales of $25,000 and up, visiting, or trying to visit, 369 sites. 41% were developed, 5% were used in redirection, the rest either for sale again or not operational.
  • I looked at the all-time million dollar sales, almost all .com. I found that 63.5% were developed to some degree, and another 11.5% were redirected, but almost one-quarter, even of these elite sales were not in use.
  • If you go to the various analyses in different types of names and different TLDs you can see other data. For example, the recent analysis for .tv showed an even lower rate of development: just 29% developed, 3% coming soon and 4% in redirection use.
In the two studies I did for .XYZ, I used the same methodology of visiting, or trying to visit, each site in order to determine status. For example, my article from about a year ago: Past 12 Months of XYZ, A Look At The Data, when I looked at all sales $1000 and up there was a lower rate of development, 27% developed and 2% in redirection use. However, if one looks at the more significant sales, more likely to be retail, amongst sales of $20,000 and up, the 46% are developed.

One would expect high-value .com to be more likely to be quickly developed, since many of these sales are upgrades for longterm businesses. Not all, but many, of the .xyz retail sales are to Web3 startups. While some of these have secured investment, in many cases they are early-stage with essentially an idea and a white paper and little or even no funding.

Cherry picking a few sales, and trying to suggest something is wrong, is not analysis or responsible commentary, in my opinion.

As mentioned, anyone who has been in domaining for any length of time will know that many names never get developed, often not even have their DNS changed. This is nothing unique to one TLD. It tends to be less in high-value sales, but even in 7-figures a number of names don't get used.

-Bob
Agree with Bob. Because of cheap registration and cheap renewal, .xyz has been developed in many websites, more than high price and high renewal fee NTLDs. But not all buyers are end user, some are domain resellers, some are buy for future project because find out good domains with good price. I see some Premium .xyz sold cheap in Ebay and SAV, because the owner think the renewal fee is too high. Mostly these owner are not end users but domain investors. 300$ a year or more for a domain sitting without revenue is crazy, unless big company hold this Premium renewal .xyz, they will drop it.

Sweetha main success strategy is the same as Rick Schwartz strategy. Buying good non premium renewal domain when they are still available, hold it for a view years, and sell them with high price after rare. It works with .xyz and .com because their cheap renewal fee. That's why Sweetha always stated that her .xyz are regular renewal fee domains. Premium Renewal fee domains or high renewal fee TLDs will not survive long. Not worthy to hold Premium renewal fee domains if not giving revenue from real use, so high renewal fee domains are not worthy investing items.

Last edited:
•••
Exactly @Bob Hawkes

I broke it down earlier today similarly for 2022, just to gauge. There are commonalities across development/non-use between dot-xyz and dot-com. Being that many domains remain unused despite a high-dollar amount sale value.

2022-side-by-side.png

It's just normal stuff. Some sales we'll never know why they were bought, and the reasons could be anything.

In looking at unused domains, for example, using these stats from NB and using a 25k starting point for dot-xyz, and a 100k starting point for dot-com, I found:

Dot-com:

A total of 30 domains not in use out of 61 for a total of approx. $23,032,000 spent on them.

Dot-xyz:

A total of 17 domains not in use out of 45 for a total of approx. $1,089,000 spent on them.

So a lot of money spent on unused domains in either extension, but without hard evidence showing contrary, reasons like adding to personal collections, future interests, projects or investments or brand protection certainly are real factors.

We can't expect every sale for something visually or immediately apparent to happen with the domain.

Last edited:
•••
claimed on Namebio or DNJournal, it should be mandatory to state the form of payment.

The vast majority of the sales you are seeming to question were made at Afternic, and independently verified by Michael, or at Dan, and verified by the CEO in addition to the proof of transaction originally provided.

What payment systems each marketplace accept is publicly available and easily obtained information.

For Afternic:
  • Wire transfer (no additional fees)
  • PayPal (no additional fees, payments are capped at $2,500)
  • Money order (no additional fees)
  • Credit Card (no additional fees, payments are capped at $2,500)*
For Dan:
  • We support the following payment options: Bank wire, Visa, MasterCard, iDeal, ApplePay, GooglePay, MisterCash, Sofort, Paypal, AliPay, WeChatPay, and Bitcoin.
Both DNJournal and NameBio only accept verified reports of sales which were direct currency, that is they will not list a sale that was made in exchange for shares in the company, or a promise of future payments by the company as it runs on the name.

Also, they do not accept lease-to-own sales unless all payments are complete.

They do not list (and that is why some of the big 'reported' historical sales are missing) sales which were for more than the domain name, such as a name + website or name + business.

We are fortunate that there are trusted sources for sales in our industry, such as NameBio and DNJournal, and that the people running them have great experience and maintain the integrity of their reports with diligence.

-Bob

PS Dan corrected with correct paste of payment forms.

Last edited:
•••
For Dan:
  • Wire transfer (no additional fees)
  • PayPal (no additional fees, payments are capped at $2,500)
  • Money order (no additional fees)
  • Credit Card (no additional fees, payments are capped at $2,500)
Dan does accept crypto (Bitcoin). Regardless, the sales do certainly raise questions. Even if these were real transactions, the sale prices did seem unusually high. Crypto for the sales could be part of the explanation?

•••
•••
Sorry Bob, but since most sales over $2500 are brokered, there is no way of telling what the method of payment was ie whether it was half wire and half Dogecoin or three quarters or whatever. Dan and Afternic will claim sales in any case and to them that IS a sale and they have the right to claim it as so, no matter the terms of payment were. However, for me it isn't. When fake currencies are running amuk it means someone is bamboozling some one else out of government backed fiat money.

Domain names, before crypto, were assets that had fiat value. To try and keep it that way, it's important to be transparent where names were paid by scam crypto (I don't mean Bitcoin and Ethereum as they have been made legit securities investments by the government). Hard to get a grip on domain values when they are being bought with scam crypto.

Also, I've seen many cases where a large domain broker claimed a sale on their feed (Namebio from SAV for example) where they claimed a sale that never happened (meaning it was never actually paid for).

Stik.com at DNJournal is a perfect example of what should happen with every domain. They stated that the domain was partially paid with art prints. This is a step in the right direction. The domain industry is too full of fraudsters to not champion transparency on every level. Too easy to game the system and unfortunately the quality of the internet has been brought down to a deplorable level. Beautiful discovery was the internet, but alas, man has a way of twisting beautiful things.

Fraudulent intention plus speed is a lethal combination that only behooves elite criminals, not normal, ordinary internet users who simply want to buy a domain etc. Therefore, because of this lethal combination, absolute transparency is necessary.

But perhaps at the end of the day, because of the protection the arms-length computer screen provides, there is no solution and one lie will only be exchanged for another...and perhaps this is the reason so many fortune hunters flocked to the internet from the beginning - the ability to scam without swift consequence you would have to endure in a face to face situation.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry Bob, but since most sales over $2500 are brokered, there is no way of telling what the method of payment was ie whether it was half wire and half Dogecoin or three quarters or whatever. Dan and Afternic will claim sales in any case and to them that IS a sale and they have the right to claim it as so, no matter the terms of payment were. However, for me it isn't. When fake currencies are running amuk it means someone is bamboozling some one else out of government backed fiat money.

Domain names, before crypto, were assets that had fiat value. To try and keep it that way, it's important to be transparent where names were paid by scam crypto (I don't mean Bitcoin and Ethereum as they have been made legit securities investments by the government). Hard to get a grip on domain values when they are being bought with scam crypto.

Also, I've seen many cases where a large domain broker claimed a sale on their feed (Namebio from SAV for example) where they claimed a sale that never happened (meaning it was never actually paid for).

Stik.com at DNJournal is a perfect example of what should happen with every domain. They stated that the domain was partially paid with art prints. This is a step in the right direction. The domain industry is too full of fraudsters to not champion transparency on every level. Too easy to game the system and unfortunately the quality of the internet has been brought down to a deplorable level. Beautiful discovery was the internet, but alas, man has a way of twisting beautiful things.

Fraudulent intention plus speed is a lethal combination that only behooves elite criminals, not normal, ordinary internet users who simply want to buy a domain etc. Therefore, because of this lethal combination, absolute transparency is necessary.

But perhaps at the end of the day, because of the protection the arms-length computer screen provides, there is no solution and one lie will only be exchanged for another...and perhaps this is the reason so many fortune hunters flocked to the internet from the beginning - the ability to scam without swift consequence you would have to endure in a face to face situation.
Paid partially in art prints, crypto, stock, is not indication of fake sale. Especially in bad time, asset in high price sometime sold mix between money and other asset with value. I heard a property in Bali, in luxury area, sold with money + mercedes. The owner need fast money, the buyer has limited money + Mercedes. So the buyer and owner had a deal. Not long after that I heard the owner sold the Mercedes too. So it is not a fake transaction.

Last edited:
•••
Paid partially in art prints, crypto, stock, is not indication of fake sale. Especially in bad time, asset in high price sometime sold mix between money and other asset with value. I heard a property in Bali, in luxury area, sold with money + mercedes. The owner need fast money, the buyer has limited money + Mercedes. So the buyer and owner had a deal. Not long after that I heard the owner sold the Mercedes too. So it is not a fake transaction.
I think there's a misunderstanding. I think it's ok to trade art prints and stock (good ones) for domains or whatever. No problem. But cryptos no. Art prints have value because it is an actual product. Good stock has value because you invested in a company that provides a good product or service. 99 percent of crypto is scam because there is no product or service involved. Not a real security. No one should ever accept a Dogecoin for a good domain, for example. Domain owner has been scammed and the fiat value has been brought down.

•••
I think there's a misunderstanding. I think it's ok to trade art prints and stock (good ones) for domains or whatever. No problem. But cryptos no. Art prints have value because it is an actual product. Good stock has value because you invested in a company that provides a good product or service. 99 percent of crypto is scam because there is no product or service involved. Not a real security. No one should ever accept a Dogecoin for a good domain, for example. Domain owner has been scammed and the fiat value has been brought down.
Might be 90% of Crypto will be erased from public trade in next view years. But as long as they still can be exchanged to fiat money, no problem. Seller can decide if he/she will immediatelly exchange the Crypto to fiat money or to keep it as investment. A view month ago, someone paid my service with a NFT and some amount of Crypto. I immediatelly sold the Crypto and withdraw it to my bank. I still wait the NFT to get good buyer, considering it as my investmen. Paying with Crypto is already a trend now.

•••
For a full overview, I checked the TOP 50 .xyz sales (via namebio),

and out of the TOP 50,

22 were not developed or responding
3 forwarding to phishing sites
(which makes 25 unsuable sites - 50% of all)
5 forwarding to other real sites

So, that makes that only 20 are act. running on the acquired .xyz domain, which costed the buyer anywhere from $35k to $199k.

In 2 cases, the old nameservers had not been changed and still leading to 'sold page', even almost a year after purchase.

thx

Last edited:
•••
For a full overview, I checked the TOP 50 .xyz sales (via namebio),

and out of the TOP 50,

22 were not developed or responding
3 forwarding to phishing sites
(which makes 25 unsuable sites - 50% of all)
5 forwarding to other real sites

So, that makes that only 20 are act. running on the acquired .xyz domain, which costed the buyer anywhere from $35k to $199k.

In 2 cases, the old nameservers had not been changed and still leading to 'sold page', even almost a year after purchase.

thx
Interesting info. Thanks for taking the time and effort. Any comparison to the other extensions? As Bob was saying, it 's not unusual to see high sales with the domains not developed afterwards. But it would be curious if XYZ is unusually high in comparison.

•••
Interesting info. Thanks for taking the time and effort. Any comparison to the other extensions? As Bob was saying, it 's not unusual to see high sales with the domains not developed afterwards. But it would be curious if XYZ is unusually high in comparison.
A good question.

Maybe someone can make that work??

I checked the top 100 domains now, and to add to my above stats:

From 50-100, of top .xyz sales,

20 are either not developed or not responding.

Out of this, 3 still lead to their old 'sales page' without nameserver change after purchase, even more than a year afterwards (like lever.xyz)

2 forward to phishing sites,

1 forwards to another real site.

Makes 30 developed / resolving ones, but some are quite strange 'developed' ones.

Just as example:

dexterity.xyz -
if forwards to a twitter account, which has posted last time in spring 2022.
overall posts are 3.

Now ask yourself, would you pay almost $30k for a domain name like dexterity ?!

Or:
bebop.xyz ($39,888)
taiko.xyz ($39,888)
mural.xyz ($39,888)

Whatever you think about it,
I made my own work to see with my own eyes, that it seems to be strange, and foulplay is most likely involved. At least for me.

Some, if not many names are strange (in these price ranges),
some of the resolving pages are strange (like an old twitter account, or just one page with a logo, nothing else),
some *bad* names, were bought for high prices and do not resolve,
its strange that in total, 5 domains are still pointing to their old 'sale page', one not been changed for over a year after purchase,
its strange that a huge fraction of these sales go back to one seller.

Who does not just sells GOOD names, which wouldn't be of a surprise, but also totally synthetic (strange) names, many entrepreneurs wouldn't (ever) pay such high prices for !

And then, it happens to be that these sites are not developed, or just have an old unused twitter account as landing page.

Then again, it is very strange that other domainers do not make the same experiences with their domains, as swetha:

You would think, that if you hold a decent amount of .xyz names, that you may also come into the joy of selling it,
but many cannot sell their names even for a fraction of the price, swetha sells her names for.

And thus, results in discounting them to $xxx level...

To get at least one sale.

These are professional domainers with a track record.

If you say something like this, you are being pursued, so most tell their own experience in anonymity on twitter...

All very strange.

btw:
2 high price domains are forwarding both to gen.xyz, the official .xyz site.
its 9.xyz and 22.xyz. - you may ask yourself, why the official emitter needs to buy these domains,
and forward them to its site.
9.xyz, costed them $175k,
22.xyz, costed them $26k,

both in 2015, long before the craze.

Last edited:
•••
A good question.

Maybe someone can make that work??

I checked the top 100 domains now, and to add to my above stats:

From 50-100, of top .xyz sales,

20 are either not developed or not responding.

Out of this, 3 still lead to their old 'sales page' without nameserver change after purchase, even more than a year afterwards (like lever.xyz)

2 forward to phishing sites,

1 forwards to another real site.

Makes 30 developed / resolving ones, but some are quite strange 'developed' ones.

Just as example:

dexterity.xyz -
if forwards to a twitter account, which has posted last time in spring 2022.

overall posts are 3.

Now ask yourself, would you pay almost $30k for a domain name like dexterity ?!

Whatever you think about it,
I made my own work to see with my own eyes, that it seems to be strange, and foulplay is most likely involved - at least for me.

Some, if not many names are strange (in these price ranges), some of the resolving pages are strange (like an old twitter account, or just one page with a logo, nothing else),
its strange that in total, 5 domains are still pointing to their old 'sale page', some not been changed for over a year after purchase,
its strange that a huge fraction of these sales go back to one seller.

Who does not just sells GOOD names, which wouldn't be of a surprise, but also totally synthetic (strange) names, many entrepreneurs wouldn't (ever) pay such high prices for !

And then, it happens to be that these sites are not developed, or just have an old unused twitter account as landing page.
Wow!

Then again, it is very strange that other domainers do not make the same experiences with their domains, as swetha:

You would think, that if you hold a decent amount of .xyz names, that you may also come into the joy of selling it,
but many cannot sell their names even for a fraction of the price, swetha sells her names for.

And thus, results in discounting them to $xxx level...

To get at least one sale.

These are professional domainers with a track record.

If you say something like this, you are being pursued, so most tell their own experience in anonymity on twitter...

All very strange.

btw:
2 high price domains are forwarding both to gen.xyz, the official .xyz site.
its 9.xyz and 22.xyz. - you may ask yourself, why the official emitter needs to buy these domains,
and forward them to its site.
9.xyz, costed them $175k,
22.xyz, costed them $26k,

both in 2015.
One of key factor in high price .xyz and some new GTLDs is, registered in 100 extensions or more...

Yes, Dexterity is a good .xyz domain, you can check it at DotDB.com

IMG_20230116_185108.jpg

•••
One of key factor in high price .xyz and some new GTLDs is, registered in 100 extensions or more...

Yes, Dexterity is a good .xyz domain, you can check it at DotDB.com

Show attachment 230429
bebop.xyz (sold for $39,888) ?
taiko.xyz (sold for $39,888) ?
mural.xyz (sold for $39,888) ?

in all honesty, most of use wouldn't even had registered these names,
let alone priced them at 40k !

•••
All very strange.
Thanks for sharing some interesting research. The comparison to the other domain extensions would be far more compelling, though.

Now those sales really are puzzling to me. Why would each domain sell for exactly $39,888? Strange,indeed.

•••
Thanks for sharing some interesting research. The comparison to the other domain extensions would be far more compelling, though.

Now those sales really are puzzling to me. Why would each domain sell for exactly $39,888? Strange,indeed.
Yes, I'd like to see a comparison to other new gtlds.

But we do not only have to look at the statistics (quantity), but also at the quality of names.

I wouldn't even turn an eye at one of the 3 above domain names.

This is what makes it strange; and even more, when such grbge names ($40k) are not developed or respondive at all...

Last edited:
•••

You have alot to learn including how to read a dictionary. Mural and Bebop are dictionary words taken in many extensions.

Last edited:
•••
You have alot to learn including how to read a dictionary. Mural and Bebop are dictionary words taken in many extensions.
Doesn't stop them from being bad though.

•••
•••
They aren’t bad. They both have a place. One in art one in music.
I am of course referring to taiko and bebop. They are by all accounts obscure words.

The point being that you're more likely to sell beef.com than you are beefily.com. Just cause it's a dictionary word doesn't mean it's a good dictionary word.

I also have made the case that the words that succeed in .XYZ appear to be obscure. Another reason that investing in .XYZ is harder because it doesn't follow the same patterns that one might expect in a decent extension.

Last edited:
•••
"Bebop or bop is a style of jazz developed in the early-to-mid-1940s"

- its a niche of a niche, if you like...
from the 40s.

Must be very passionate about Jazz music, to a) know it, b) reg it, c) price it. At $40k.

So, as you are so clever:

What about T-A-I-K-O ?!

Another good name, you would have regged and priced at $40k?!

•••
Back