Domain Empire

discuss Subject line learnings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I happened review a lot of email subject lines in case of both, affiliate marketing and for domain names sales.

Here are some basic rules:

1) Keep it less than 50 characters
2) Avoid words like 'For Sale', 'Offer', 'Deals' etc. These may get in spam.
3) Special focus on the timing. Approach the buyers at the time when they are in a position to open their mail.
4) Tuesdays are Wednesdays are the best for conversions.
5) You may experiment on Sundays. In case of Business Professionals and LinkedIn reach outs.

Some that have worked in the past:

1) [Domain Name] for your business
2) [Owner name], I propose a business opportunity
3) [Owner name], how about this
4) [Owner name], do you plan to expand? A proposal
5) [Owner name], a small suggestion for your business
6) [Domain Name]

Anything that you'd like to add in this?
What has been working the best for you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good thread.......

My recent emails have created responses, unfortunately none positive (as yet!) OR just as important rude, just no thank you's or no interest

This shows to me that the subject heading generally is not being recorded as spam and also must be engaging end users to open the email at least

see below an example of my subject line

agriculture.mortgage - Domain Name

purposely not done "Domain Name - agriculture.mortgage" As I feel that would come across as more spam like.

I mainly send emails on Tues, Wed and Thurs AM (7am - 9am) or Tues & Wed PM (3pm - 5pm)

What are your thoughts Arpit131 on the above?

•••
My subject line used to be:

DomainName.com domain

•••
My subject line used to be:

DomainName.com domain
Thanks for the input.
Do you do outbound?
I thought most of your sales comes from inbound considering the kind of names you own!

•••
Good thread.......

My recent emails have created responses, unfortunately none positive (as yet!) OR just as important rude, just no thank you's or no interest

This shows to me that the subject heading generally is not being recorded as spam and also must be engaging end users to open the email at least

see below an example of my subject line

agriculture.mortgage - Domain Name

purposely not done "Domain Name - agriculture.mortgage" As I feel that would come across as more spam like.

I mainly send emails on Tues, Wed and Thurs AM (7am - 9am) or Tues & Wed PM (3pm - 5pm)

What are your thoughts Arpit131 on the above?

I think the problem could be in the domain name here, considering that the new gTLDs are yet to see mainstream usage with end users, if it does.

Try it for Geo names. Works like magic!

•••
Thanks for the input.
Do you do outbound?
I thought most of your sales comes from inbound considering the kind of names you own!

For last many years, I haven't been doing it. That's why I said "My subject line used to be". All my sales are through inbound, BIN at Sedo/Afternic :)

•••
i use your 6th, just the domain name.

why? because i believe that if theyare not opening a mail with a subject line that is close to what they do... there is very very little change to sell them a domain name.

•••
I put Domain.com - $1,000,000 in the subject line. Straight to the point.

•••
For last many years, I haven't been doing it. That's why I said "My subject line used to be". All my sales are through inbound, BIN at Sedo/Afternic :)

I guess I missed the "used" part.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back