NameSilo

Strategy to catch domain dropping from InMotion Hosting?

Located in Domain Expiration and Domain Drop Catching started by One Among Many, Jul 12, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. One Among Many

One Among Many New Member

I'd like to catch a domain that I know is no longer getting paid for at InMotion Hosting.
    What's the best place to backorder the domain, given the source? It's not a hot domain by any stretch, but was in light active use for a decade or more for both email and a website. The reason to catch the domain is to hold it for a family member who's going through a rough spot (paying it directly is not an option right now).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Constantin S

Constantin S BRANDUE.COM VIP

Place a backorder at all these 4: dropcatch, namejet, pheenix and dynadot (you only pay 1 of them, the one who catches it), if you're 100% sure there won't be other people wanting it I'd advice only using Dynadot because it's the cheapest.
    Good luck and I hope all the best to you and your family! :)

3. One Among Many

What determines who gets it, if the catch order is placed in multiple places?

4. One Among Many

Is there anything special about how InMotion drops domains (I understand some registrars pre-sell some domains)?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up โ€“ and it's free!