NameSilo

Strange domains traffic with Google analytic

Located in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by lovely4ever, Apr 17, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. lovely4ever

lovely4ever Established Member

I just wanted to share what i keep noticing between time to time when i am watching Google analytic that connected with DAN lander , and some strange traffic i couldn't analyze or understand !

Many times i find that high traffic coming from the united states , and when i choose to check traffic as per the city , i found out that some cities in united states keeps repeating as a source of traffic .

As you see in the image below the city called ( Parsons ) repeated a lot for many different domains at the same day , this domains are mix of hand regged and some aged !

Also the cities ( Columbus ) and ( Boardman ) keeps repeating as traffic source similar to ( parsons ) !!

is this can be real traffic or bots or servers or due what ? and why exactly this cities ??

For me its something not logical to be real traffic , and i thought let me see what's the opinions of namepros members about it , and did any one getting similar traffic or scenarios ?

" Parsons is a city in Kansas and Tennessee " as per wikipedia

" Boardman is a city in oergon " as per wikipedia

" Columbus is the capital city of ohio " as per wikipedia

PIC 10.PNG pic 11.PNG

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

3. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

Don't worry. These are bots, crawling and indexing your website / domain lander.

Boardman is probably the Amazon web crawler or another crawler coming from Amazon Web Services (AWS).

You will often see repeated visits for each domain, because bots try different ways of indexing, e.g.

- desktop and mobile version (user agent)
    - different language and geo options
    - hostname with and without www
    - hostname with http and with https

Another type of crawling comes from corporate security solutions, which test if a site is to be trusted and is allowed per company policy.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  4. lovely4ever

lovely4ever Established Member

5. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

6. DomainCheck

DomainCheck Established Member

Probably a SEO crawler like Ahres or Semrush hosted on AWS.

7. OIO

OIO Established Member

Thought I was the only one.

'Boardman' on one of my domains. Started from early January

Thanks for the clarifications. @Future Sensors

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice