Dynadot

Strange domains traffic with Google analytic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovely4ever

Top Member
Impact
I just wanted to share what i keep noticing between time to time when i am watching Google analytic that connected with DAN lander , and some strange traffic i couldn't analyze or understand !

Many times i find that high traffic coming from the united states , and when i choose to check traffic as per the city , i found out that some cities in united states keeps repeating as a source of traffic .

As you see in the image below the city called ( Parsons ) repeated a lot for many different domains at the same day , this domains are mix of hand regged and some aged !

Also the cities ( Columbus ) and ( Boardman ) keeps repeating as traffic source similar to ( parsons ) !!

is this can be real traffic or bots or servers or due what ? and why exactly this cities ??

For me its something not logical to be real traffic , and i thought let me see what's the opinions of namepros members about it , and did any one getting similar traffic or scenarios ?

" Parsons is a city in Kansas and Tennessee " as per wikipedia

" Boardman is a city in oergon " as per wikipedia

" Columbus is the capital city of ohio " as per wikipedia

PIC 10.PNG
pic 11.PNG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Don't worry. These are bots, crawling and indexing your website / domain lander.

Boardman is probably the Amazon web crawler or another crawler coming from Amazon Web Services (AWS).

You will often see repeated visits for each domain, because bots try different ways of indexing, e.g.

- desktop and mobile version (user agent)
- different language and geo options
- hostname with and without www
- hostname with http and with https

Another type of crawling comes from corporate security solutions, which test if a site is to be trusted and is allowed per company policy.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Probably a SEO crawler like Ahres or Semrush hosted on AWS.

•••
Thought I was the only one.

'Boardman' on one of my domains. Started from early January

Thanks for the clarifications. @Future Sensors

•••
What about the Beijing traffic? All domains get that a lot.

•••
What about the Beijing traffic? All domains get that a lot.

Yes apart of what i mentioned above , Most traffic keeps repeating from :

Beijing

Amsterdam

Toronto

Slough ( UK )

Muhlhausen ( GERMANY )

Bengaluru ( INDIA )

Last edited:
•••
Yes apart of what i mentioned above , Most traffic keeps repeating from :

Beijing

Amsterdam

Toronto

Slough ( UK )

Muhlhausen ( GERMANY )

Bengaluru ( INDIA )

Some of these keep crawling your domains even while you're not pointing to DAN for the lander.

These bots crawl the complete dan.com inventory on dan.com URLs.

•••
Some of these keep crawling your domains even while you're not pointing to DAN for the lander.

Can you have a bot searching for keywords that are priced below a certain point and notify you?

•••
Can you have a bot searching for keywords that are priced below a certain point and notify you?

I wouldn't be surprised.

There are many many bots, including the ones that INFURIATE me the most: 'learn how to program a bot' in university classes :xf.wink:

On my own properties I block these when I'm seeing patterns. In Google Analytics I'm filtering certain netblocks, without having the ambition to filter them all.

•••
I wouldn't be surprised.

There are many many bots, including the ones that INFURIATE me the most: 'learn how to program a bot' in university classes :xf.wink:

On my own properties I block these when I'm seeing patterns. In Google Analytics I'm filtering certain netblocks, without having the ambition to filter them all.
Interesting.......I wonder if people are using bots on Dan, Sedo, Afternic etc etc this way.....probably are....

Huge Domains use Bots on Godaddy auctions for keywords so it can't be hard to get someone to build some to trawl these sites with a few additional spec's in regards to pricing......there are price scraping bots after all....

I'm not that tech savy, but will ask around....

•••

Yes exactly some of this traffic is for domains are added to dan profile , but NOT pointing to DAN !
But the strange is when you look at avg. duration session some times you find it 1:52 or 15:20 or 21:13 minutes .

It gives you feeling that it is real visitors !!

Last edited:
•••
Back