NameSilo

STOP holding domains hostage

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews started by robert widener, Aug 22, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. .X.

.X. Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

No tricks, only treats @namesilo, straight forward and customer service is Tier 1, I am not an employee or affiliated with NameSilo except as a customer, a no BS solution to people that are looking to pack their portfolio in a safe place, not to mention , you can use 3 steps of verification on your account.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. anantj

anantj Top Member VIP

Applies to you as well

3. iAchilles

iAchilles Top Member VIP

Right here. I'm the boogieman, the guy who has inside info on domain searches, specifically at namecheap.com apparently. Just ask the guy who called me every name in the alphabet who had the name in his cart but had an issue with their card.

I'm still waiting for the lawsuit. :ROFL:

4. robert widener

robert widener Established Member

so basically your calling "alexatopper" a liar ? please correct me if im wrong .

5. anantj

anantj Top Member VIP

Looks to me like @Joe Styler is correcting @alexatopper and your understanding of their service!

6. robert widener

you gotta read between the lines :xf.smile:

7. robert widener

lol:ROFL: seriously , what else would you expect him to say ?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  8. robert widener

yes it is joe ..... but an accurate statement by me . you & the rest of the registrars like to act so innocent , LOL . more than a few registrars have been caught doing the exact same thing iv’e complained about . Oh by the way everybody ......I’M BACK from my probation , lol

9. robert widener

interesting reading for anyone who cares to know the truth , google “ godaddy buying searched domains “

10. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

You can also Google - Sightings of Bigfoot, or using pixie dust to fly like Peter Pan if you are interested. I think you will find them about as accurate as us buying searched domains. I have stated over and over we do not.

11. robert widener

i’ll say it loud & clear ...... YOUR A LIAR

12. robert widener

LOL , you better hope big foot isn’t discovered anytime soon joe

13. tldboss

tldboss Top Member VIP

Can you provide proof? that Godaddy are front running domain names.

I guess most NP members wont take you serious, unless you provide proof.

14. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

Instead of making serious allegations that quite honestly can't be proven either way, why do you actually ask productive questions.

Like perhaps what security steps registrars take to ensure rogue employees can't access your data (search or otherwise).

GoDaddy most certainly does collect your data (they send you emails remind you to buy it if it's still available, so the data is being collected), but it's a big step to accuse them of using/selling it to benefit anyone other than yourself.

At the end of the day, ANY registrar that does collect such data is open to security breaches .. from hackers .. but mostly for employees .. and the truth is .. that there is no way to be 100% sure either way without the registrar allowing you to go in and audit their code .. which something tells me isn't likely to ever happen ... (Correct me if I'm wrong @Joe Styler and @Paul Nicks .. lol .. or should I call you Big Foot and Peter Pan?)

So the only answer is .. if you don't trust a registrar .. don't use them. As there simply is no way to ever prove to you that there isn't some leak.

Also don't forget that GoDaddy doesn't make much money on domains compared to their add-on products .. so as a corporate policy, it really wouldn't make sense for them to sell that data to domainers who would only buy domains without any add-on services. Again though .. rogue employees would have that consideration.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: