IT.COM

Stolen Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jonnyfartpants

Impact
Hi

I pre-registered 10 good domain names from Godaddy. You know all the new extensions and never received an update from that they were ready to buy. When I checked on Godaddy they were all taken.

So I checked the registrant details and they had been registered by Godaddy themselves and were being sold on as premium domains for 10 times the original cost

It appears that the email sent to me by Godaddy to pre-register domains using the new extensions was just a con to get people to think of good ones and then take them for themselves

sausage.dog was one that I pre-registered

This was a few years ago but has been annoying me recently. Who is in charge of regulating these companies and who could I complain to?

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
did you consider maybe the domains were reserved by the registry themselves? and just looks like Godaddy registered them?

It's usually what confuses people.

"low hanging" fruit very rarely ever get caught by domainers. the "Good ones 9 times outta 10 are reserved.

•••
not a fan of Godaddy, far be it from me defend

still think big misunderstanding

Samer

Last edited:
•••
The chances are if they were the new extensions, they were not "good" domains.

Focus on extensions that sell if you are new to the game and want to make some sales.

Think of domains from an end-user perspective and not what "you" think looks or sounds good. Make aure the names have a commercial use before buying names. Buy decent names from existing owners, dont register names that are available, they are available for a reason.

sausage.dog for instance, yes its a cute little name, but I cant see a legit company wanting it to brand their business around it, I see maybe a dachshund fan or breeder building a site around it, this is not where the $$$$ are.

Good luck, hope that helps.

•••
The chances are if they were the new extensions, they were not "good" domains.

Focus on extensions that sell if you are new to the game and want to make some sales.

Think of domains from an end-user perspective and not what "you" think looks or sounds good. Make aure the names have a commercial use before buying names. Buy decent names from existing owners, dont register names that are available, they are available for a reason.

sausage.dog for instance, yes its a cute little name, but I cant see a legit company wanting it to brand their business around it, I see maybe a dachshund fan or breeder building a site around it, this is not where the $$$$ are.

Good luck, hope that helps.
Do people eat dogs?:-P

I cant even think of buying such name.

•••
Do people eat dogs?:-P

I cant even think of buying such name.
Sausage dog is a name of a certain breed:
Short-haired-Dachshund.jpg

•••
•••
How can something be stolen that you never owned?? those names were never forwarded into your register account, you never owned them. the registry has the privilege, not you.

•••
Hi and thanks

I am certainly aware that the domains that I preregistered were not valuable just fun. However the process was definitely a registration. I received an email from Godaddy suggesting that I pre-register some new domain extensions. I click on the link and arrived at Godaddy on a preregister page and choose about 10 domains logged in as me. I then clicked the confirm button and all was good. Shortly after I received an email from GD confirming that I had preregistered the domains and thanked me for my business

What is there to be mistaken about?

Thanks

•••
I appolgise I have just searched my email and I preregistered them with one and one

Sorry Godaddy

•••

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 116
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back