Dynadot

STATE OF THE NEW G'S

NameSilo
Watch

STATE OF THE NEW G'S - After nearly 3 years of the New G's, are they where they should be?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • No, they remain behind schedule

votes
    58.1%
  • Yes, they are continuing to progress

votes
    41.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The current STATE OF THE NEW G'S is good!...or is it?

After nearly 3 years into the introduction of New G's there remains:
* Very low 'End User' usage
* Very little aftermarket activity
* Declining inquiries
* Inconsistent registry changes affecting drops, renewals and pricing
* Little to none public awareness

In conclusion, the current STATE OF THE NEW G'S is not good.

(Disclaimer: I am a proponent and investor of New G's, but I tend to have a REALIST view of things)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The problem is people are looking at Gtlds as just any other Internet domains for investment ...

When a large majority of you here want absurd amounts of money for Gtlds, millions to boot ... It's too early for names to be seen in that resolve !

We need to build out Gtlds as reputable companies that stand by their integrity just as .com was being born & built when Frank and Rick we're investing ! That's the only thing that needs to be happening, development will take care of marketing and sooner or later, common consumers will see this change, as it's actually going on today, and will adapt to a new way of marketing ... In the form of Internet Realestate ...

If you don't have the funds to build out a Gtld then you should not be investing ... This is not a "quick" get rich scheme ! This is patience at its finest, understanding the market from both perspectives as well as understanding why serious .com investors will never buy into Gtlds !

It's a matter of patience and some people will call me a hypocrite for pricing some of my Medical Gtlds at $100,000 USD and declining offers that are a fair amount for Gtlds but I look at the value of names by their build out factors ! Traffic ! Potential revenue, which is staggering for my examples ... I don't look at names as investor resells but enduser sales ...
If an investor is both an enduser and investor then that's a plus imho !

I have too many projects on my hand to be dealing in the Medical Industry ~ so I will also be building out some of my Gtlds to promote the effort of development !

But realistically there is too many examples of non development, laziness, shortage of funds, family trouble, whatever it may be, we must protect our rights as investors and be prepared for whatever is necessary to catapult this industry to the next level, aka Gtlds and development of such ...

A truly perfect example is Net.Work selling for $100,000 USD
Yet there is still no active site ??? Then again maybe they are building it out, I cannot say for sure ... My only point is we need to focus on development not investing ...

It's our jobs to make the value rise,
And whining about a $500 YR renewal is humorous to say the least ...
When you reach the peak of $5000 YR renewals per domain, then it's gone too far and it's easy to just avoid the name until the price drops, it will. It always does. Time and time again we have same numbers fluctuate because of less demand and too much supply !

This message goes out to Gtld investors who understand this :

Whatever Gtlds you currently have in your portfolio, focus on your top 3, maybe even just 1 ... 1 powerful name that could cost you a couple thousand dollars to build a business but in the long run, could generate you hundreds of thousands in investment return through the power of development ... That's when we will see Gtlds grow in value ! Make no assumption, these are names that have powerful meaning ! I am not taking about names like,

FriedRice.BlackFriday

They need to be powerful names ! If you don't know how to tell a powerful Gtld and you're tired of getting slammed in the appraisals thread by only serious .com investors, message me or any other serious Gtld investor like Ali Zandi

Development = Desire

Best,

Alessandro

Last edited:
•••
The problem is people are looking at Gtlds as just any other Internet domains for investment ...

When a large majority of you here want absurd amounts of money for Gtlds, millions to boot ... It's too early for names to be seen in that resolve !

We need to build out Gtlds as reputable companies that stand by their integrity just as .com was being born & built when Frank and Rick we're investing ! That's the only thing that needs to be happening, development will take care of marketing and sooner or later, common consumers will see this change, as it's actually going on today, and will adapt to a new way of marketing ... In the form of Internet Realestate ...

If you don't have the funds to build out a Gtld then you should not be investing ... This is not a "quick" get rich scheme ! This is patience at its finest, understanding the market from both perspectives as well as understanding why serious .com investors will never buy into Gtlds !

It's a matter of patience and some people will call me a hypocrite for pricing some of my Medical Gtlds at $100,000 USD and declining offers that are a fair amount for Gtlds but I look at the value of names by their build out factors ! Traffic ! Potential revenue, which is staggering for my examples ... I don't look at names as investor resells but enduser sales ...
If an investor is both an enduser and investor then that's a plus imho !

I have too many projects on my hand to be dealing in the Medical Industry ~ so I will also be building out some of my Gtlds to promote the effort of development !

But realistically there is too many examples of non development, laziness, shortage of funds, family trouble, whatever it may be, we must protect our rights as investors and be prepared for whatever is necessary to catapult this industry to the next level, aka Gtlds and development of such ...

A truly perfect example is Net.Work selling for $100,000 USD
Yet there is still no active site ??? Then again maybe they are building it out, I cannot say for sure ... My only point is we need to focus on development not investing ...

It's our jobs to make the value rise,
And whining about a $500 YR renewal is humorous to say the least ...
When you reach the peak of $5000 YR renewals per domain, then it's gone too far and it's easy to just avoid the name until the price drops, it will. It always does. Time and time again we have same numbers fluctuate because of less demand and too much supply !

This message goes out to Gtld investors who understand this :

Whatever Gtlds you currently have in your portfolio, focus on your top 3, maybe even just 1 ... 1 powerful name that could cost you a couple thousand dollars to build a business but in the long run, could generate you hundreds of thousands in investment return through the power of development ... That's when we will see Gtlds grow in value ! Make no assumption, these are names that have powerful meaning ! I am not taking about names like,

FriedRice.BlackFriday

They need to be powerful names ! If you don't know how to tell a powerful Gtld and you're tired of getting slammed in the appraisals thread by only serious .com investors, message me or any other serious Gtld investor like Ali Zandi

Development = Desire

Best,

Alessandro
I understand your points. Although, the registries are responsible for many of the points you make. Investors can't merely make the values rise, this would best be achieved by the registries. The registries are failing to educate the public and create an opportunity for development. It is my opinion this is a fail, at this time. It's not too late, but time is running out. The New G's will get much harder to market because they will no longer be considered INNOVATIVE, which is their greatest attribute.

•••
•••
they have a state?
State definition -
the particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time.:xf.grin:

•••
I understand your points. Although, the registries are responsible for many of the points you make. Investors can't merely make the values rise, this would best be achieved by the registries. The registries are failing to educate the public and create an opportunity for development. It is my opinion this is a fail, at this time. It's not too late, but time is running out. The New G's will get much harder to market because they will no longer be considered INNOVATIVE, which is their greatest attribute.

It's most certainly not a failed event in the domain industry, and if you believe it is, no offense; that is somewhat naive ...

You're comparing 20 years to 3 years ... You cannot do that and you most certainly can't predict the future or call it a failure because of a point of "no interest" ... Even .com when starting had a point of no interest, it was a crazy idea to invest in just names. Lol. People used to say "how will you make money doing that ?" Now the ones who were questioned are laughing their ass off at the bank counter when they make withdrawals and deposits in the six and seven figures ...

There's a time for everything,
Like I said focus on development !

Registries of course take advantage and with news of Facebook and Google and Microsoft buying Gtlds,
there is a new age of Internet Realestate being born as we speak ! It's not a point in which you can say it's a failure ...

I am interested in seeing your names, contact me directly !

Best,

Alessandro

•••
Alessandro,
YES!
"I look at the value of names by their build out factors ! Traffic ! Potential revenue"
Land is valued by the same. This is the best way to value domains
YES!
"we need to focus on development not investing ..."
Development is part of the next gen in domains. Just a few will last you a lifetime!
YES! -
"That's when we will see Gtlds grow in value ! names that have powerful meaning !"

What's your focus on New "G"S? 1word ? killer combos? chinese?
Happy Hunting

•••
Alessandro,
YES!
"I look at the value of names by their build out factors ! Traffic ! Potential revenue"
Land is valued by the same. This is the best way to value domains
YES!
"we need to focus on development not investing ..."
Development is part of the next gen in domains. Just a few will last you a lifetime!
YES! -
"That's when we will see Gtlds grow in value ! names that have powerful meaning !"

What's your focus on New "G"S? 1word ? killer combos? chinese?
Happy Hunting

Thanks ! I am happy to know that some people actually take time to read a valuable post filled with relative information into making the new generation of Internet domains and Gtlds what we all hope it to be ...

With that being said I invest in big keywords, single keywords which have sold for seven figures plus,
Also I invest in only industries that are high paying ! Worth the wait ;)

Build out one or two Gtld's out as a business or business' and become the enduser and from this we will see growth in the Gtld Market ...

Don't hold your names, waiting for someone to build out their names to grow the value of your names. And don't wait for some enduser to call and offer you a pile of money ! You'll be waiting a long time unless some development starts to happen ...

•••
It's most certainly not a failed event in the domain industry, and if you believe it is, no offense; that is somewhat naive ...

You're comparing 20 years to 3 years ... You cannot do that and you most certainly can't predict the future or call it a failure because of a point of "no interest" ... Even .com when starting had a point of no interest, it was a crazy idea to invest in just names. Lol. People used to say "how will you make money doing that ?" Now the ones who were questioned are laughing their ass off at the bank counter when they make withdrawals and deposits in the six and seven figures ...

There's a time for everything,
Like I said focus on development !

Registries of course take advantage and with news of Facebook and Google and Microsoft buying Gtlds,
there is a new age of Internet Realestate being born as we speak ! It's not a point in which you can say it's a failure ...

I am interested in seeing your names, contact me directly !

Best,

Alessandro
There is no reason to compare .com and it's adoption rate to the New G's. At the time .coms were affordable or unknown, not that many people had the internet or were even aware of the internet. Today billions of people have the internet and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't know about it. For that reason comparing .com and it's adoption rate to the New G's is a non variable.....As for my names, I have no lack of quality. My names are end user grade. Computer. Technology, Home. Services, Internet. Systems and more...

•••
There is no reason to compare .com and it's adoption rate to the New G's. At the time .coms were affordable or unknown, not that many people had the internet or were even aware of the internet. Today billions of people have the internet and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't know about it. For that reason comparing .com and it's adoption rate to the New G's is a non variable.....As for my names, I have no lack of quality. My names are end user grade. Computer. Technology, Home. Services, Internet. Systems and more...

Personally, I would consider you a valuable Gtld investor ! But you and I both know how many names are out there with a lack of quality ! It's almost ambarassing to see the horrendous amount of junk Gtlds ... It makes change difficult !

•••
Show attachment 46775

you are right internet.domains, .com was the initial tld that everyone had the opportunity to invest in, and when did domainers start, mid 00's, well, geniuses bought in the 90's but are we those people, 90% of us arent, anyway, these gtlds are just starting out, they need a running start, like 3-10 years to make sense like the .com, then you can put them down or go wow, its as good as .com. Now that more people are on the internet it might not take as long as it did with .coms but the same process has to happen.

•••
Personally, I would consider you a valuable Gtld investor ! But you and I both know how many names are out there with a lack of quality ! It's almost ambarassing to see the horrendous amount of junk Gtlds ... It makes change difficult !
Thank you!...In all fairness 'junk' domains are not limited to the New G's. There is tons of 'junk' in .com as well...:xf.smile:

•••

Attachments

• Gold_price_history_INR.jpg
    Gold_price_history_INR.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 46
•••
•••
sorry, for some reason the addons started freaking out and that's how it loaded

the chart is to symbolize the rise in interest when gtld is given the chance

Attachments

• Gold_price_history_INR.jpg
    Gold_price_history_INR.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 67
•••
dammit, sorry, doesn't make since, I had the chart before my insert and the video after my statement. Doesn't matter. sorry..

•••
dammit, sorry, doesn't make since, I had the chart before my insert and the video after my statement. Doesn't matter. sorry..

Wesley

You're perfectly fine ! It is true "when you're a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room." Lol :)

•••
•••
•••
.buzz extension was put on the market, did it sell, did it even get a bid?

The issue with .buzz was when it was hot back in 2014, the registry hoarded all the registrations, by the time they got their act together, everyone was drowning in to many other extensions to give .buzz a second look.

•••
•••
66% (+12%) of new domains are Operating at LOSS. :)

99% of start ups operate at a loss. Companies listed on the stock market operate at a loss. America is currently operating at a loss.

for the first time in .com history re-sale losses are adding up. Check Namebio

So what's your point ? Do you work for Verisign?

Happy Hunting

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I also think development is the key, sites like this one is what is helping spread the word.

http://vitality.bio/

As more launch public awareness becomes greater and advertising spreads by word of mouth and through their marketing efforts..

•••
Back