IT.COM

new gtlds Who/What is to blame for the dismal New G aftermarket?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who/What is to blame for the dismal New G aftermarket?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Registry Shenanigans

votes
    40.9%
  • Lack of Marketing

votes
    9.1%
  • End users don't like them

votes
    36.4%
  • other

votes
    13.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
It's no secret that the aftermarket in regards to New G's is a complete disaster, but what or who is to blame?

Is it because the continued registry shenanigans?.... The newest shenanigan is reported....."I pulled the zone file for .realty and randomly picked 50 domain name off the top of the file and found all of them were registered at Uniregistry, under privacy, and seemed to be offered for sale at Uniregistry."

https://www.thedomains.com/2017/04/...iregistry-in-2-days-almost-all-under-privacy/

Is it because the lack of marketing?

Is it because end users just don't like them?

or other?

I am going to say it is due to the continued shenanigans at the registry level. Although, not all registries are involved in robo regs, fake sales and other dishonest practices. Those registries that are involved in deceptive practices has hurt everyone. As a New GTLD domain investor, who has invested in the New G's, I remain completely disappointed that my hard earned honest money has been subject to such dishonest practices....That's my rant for the day, I had to let it out!

she·nan·i·gans
SHəˈnanəɡənz/
noun
informal
plural noun: shenanigans
  1. secret or dishonest activity or maneuvering.
    "widespread financial shenanigans had ruined the fortunes of many"
    • silly or high-spirited behavior; mischief.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe it would be an interesting analysis for someone to review maybe the top 100-200 keyword nTLD sales (exclude LL and LLL names) and see how many of those are really being used by a business to promote their products and services. I am sure such an analysis will reveal high-profile registry sales that even a couple years later do not even resolve or which are mere redirects to a business' .COM site (brand protection does not promote nTLDs for aftermarket sales). As hard as it has been over the last decade to sell domains above $1500, when I see new TLD sales of five figures I am skeptical - particularly when months later the domain does not even resolve and the registrant is hiding behind privacy registration.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back