Dynadot

Start your "own" auction at Sedo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Question: Is it possible/beneficial to list a domain name on sedo for $60 (or so), and have someone else purposely bid on it to jump start an auction?

Has anyone ever done this/what type of results did you have?

I've brought some LLLL.com names that I'm fairly certain will sell - I would just love a way to be a bit less passive about simply waiting for someone to offer.

Thanks - I'm sincerely sorry if something like this has already been debated, if it has if you could provide a link...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the domain is worth $60+ I would recommend putting it on PushToAuction.com -- very good results there on getting Sedo auctions started without having to go around Sedo's rules. Alternatively, you could put it in the Make Offer section here on Namepros and once someone makes an offer of $60+, pm them saying you're not prepared to sell it for that but would be willing to start a Sedo auction if they place a bid.

Question: Is it possible/beneficial to list a domain name on sedo for $60 (or so), and have someone else purposely bid on it to jump start an auction?

Has anyone ever done this/what type of results did you have?

I've brought some LLLL.com names that I'm fairly certain will sell - I would just love a way to be a bit less passive about simply waiting for someone to offer.

Thanks - I'm sincerely sorry if something like this has already been debated, if it has if you could provide a link...

•••

Fraud in my book but that's just me. It goes on all over look up "shill bidding" :gl:

•••
Thanks for the mention Reece. Just so everyone knows, we got the OK to run the site from Sedo's Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, Jeremiah Johnston. We also worked with Sedo's North American Risk Management Coordinator, Tom Fell, to make sure auctions started from our site were solid leads (and they are). We also have clearance from Sedo's Director of Business Development, Mark Klein. Everything has been done by the books here... it took us almost 10 months to get approval and have a proof of concept that Sedo was comfortable with.

I would absolutely agree with Wot that having someone jump start an auction when they have no intention of following through with the sale is shill bidding. PushToAuction.com exists to help sellers get more visibility and connect with interested buyers so they don't have to resort to shady practices.

Note: PushToAuction.com is not owned by, or affiliated with, Sedo.

•••
Thanks for the mention Reece. Just so everyone knows, we got the OK to run the site from Sedo's Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, Jeremiah Johnston. We also worked with Sedo's North American Risk Management Coordinator, Tom Fell, to make sure auctions started from our site were solid leads (and they are). We also have clearance from Sedo's Director of Business Development, Mark Klein. Everything has been done by the books here... it took us almost 10 months to get approval and have a proof of concept that Sedo was comfortable with.

I would absolutely agree with Wot that having someone jump start an auction when they have no intention of following through with the sale is shill bidding. PushToAuction.com exists to help sellers get more visibility and connect with interested buyers so they don't have to resort to shady practices.

Note: PushToAuction.com is not owned by, or affiliated with, Sedo.

Just for the record I support the concept of PushToAuction.com not the option proposed by the op. :)

•••
thanks for letting me know about pushtoauction.com, looks a good site, will be entering a few names on there..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back