IT.COM

Squadhelp contest terrible problem

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

theodore_zhou

DNN.ME,WCC.ME,VXDF.COM,TJVQ.COM,ZYHY.COM for sale.Established Member
Impact
Today i got two messages from a contest holder from squadhelp.com
he told me he liked my name but squadhelp system shows not available with red cross mark.
i believe i lost his interest forever,as i sent him several messages to explain and no reply.
1.png

2.png

Then i check my listing for the name,everything is all right.
in fact before you submit names,squadhelp will do a check.
but when i check into my contest submissing part,wow,so many times my names i submitted,and squadhelp system shows unavailable with a unhappy emoji.
Just do not know where goes wrong,also contacted squadhelp staff,they told me it is all good for my account and names.

really stupid mistake,until customer told me,i will nevner it.
best for all of you,also check yourself in the my contest submissing to see if everything is all right.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When these contests go on if someone else tries to submit the same idea as you they are told its allready submitted. That does not stop them or anyone else from registering it. Is it registered or not?

•••
So you submitted available domains in a contest, or was it SH listings (already registered and potentially parked on SH already) ?
If this is the case, it's normal, don't panick for that. Thousands of domains are registered everyday, it's also possible someone tried to submit the same name as yours and saw it was already submitted and he decided to register it..
There is technically a solution to avoid domains from being registered after being submitted though, but not sure SH will ever research it on their own so explaining it here doesn't make much sense, and with hand reg it's not easily scalable

•••
i submit my own names standard listing,not premium and submit to contests.
it is at.squadhelp.market for a long time,so.i.submit to.contests many times.

•••
i have the name.for.several.years,never dropping
and till.today i found it shows unavailable at my dashboard contest submiiting several times without any notice

Last edited:
•••
i submit my own names standard listing,not premium and submit to contests.
Oh, that's strange.
Maybe they removed your listings?
But if they are parked there, it shouldn't create any issue. Check with their support team to see if the contest owner would still be interested to pick your name if they assist him with the transfer?

•••
no,my listing is good there.
i also contacted them for.check,all is.good for.my account and listings.

buyer lost interest,no buyer would bother the risks

•••
no,my listing is good there.
i also contacted them for.check,all is.good for.my account and listings.

buyer lost interest,no buyer would bother the risks
the squadhelp staff i.contacted maybe contacted the buyer,and buyer refused.
he just sent me a buyer refuse screenshot,so this is my guess.

Last edited:
•••
You could also check your nameserver too.

•••
Thank you, @theodore_zhou !

What an eyeopening post!
I am new to SquadHelp and I was wondering why the most of my contest submissions were seen, but unrated by contest holders.
Here is my SquadHelp landing page:
Egalinalander1.png

I have tried looking for my domain in their "AI-powered"(This is what they claim) search engine:
Egalinasearch.png

Apparently SquadHelp believes that "hiding" Standard listings and pushing forward Premium names will bring them more sales and more happy customers.

•••
How can Egalina be a standard listing at that price? Is it on your WLM page?

•••
i have the name.for.several.years,never dropping
and till.today i found it shows unavailable at my dashboard contest submiiting several times without any notice

It might be unavailable because you submitted it too many times with no good rating? They used to do these timeouts with a name if you submitted it to too many contests without favorable ratings.

•••
•••
WLM is not SH marketplace nor is it a standard listing. Its your marketplace not SH’s. Someone has to literally type in to browser to access your page if you have it pointing to SH servers. I will be watching to see how this is answered by SH about the contests.

Last edited:
•••
Here is how my Contests Dashboard looks like:

SHBSContest.png

And here is an example of SquadHelp landing page for one of the names:

letterland.png

•••
Here is how my Contests Dashboard looks like:

Show attachment 173775

And here is an example of SquadHelp landing page for one of the names:

Show attachment 173776
the same problem as mine.
potential contest holder asks me to send my name again,after i promise to him my name has no problem and is available all the time.
later i delisted my name and list again,spent USD3 to make it available for contest.
Previous it is 20%commission without cost ahead.
so i submitted again and this time it worked.
only standard names have such problem,premium names no problem.

Last edited:
•••
There seems to be an issue with submissions that are on your marketplace and not SH’s. Wonder why this hasn’t been brought up before by others.

•••
You need to think of SH WLM like Efty or Dan. Its just a marketplace that is yours but SH will do escrow should it sell. This contest thing is strange. Hopefully SH will reply for clarity.

•••
You need to think of SH WLM like Efty or Dan. Its just a marketplace that is yours but SH will do escrow should it sell. This contest thing is strange. Hopefully SH will reply for clarity.
I have payed my fee of $10 USD in order to participate in the contests.
I am only allowed to participate in a fraction of the contest held by SquadHelp.
Whatever you call my listings they are with SquadHelp landing pages and SquadHelp earns commissions for sales.
Not Efty or Dan!

•••
I have payed my fee of $10 USD in order to participate in the contests.
I am only allowed to participate in a fraction of the contest held by SquadHelp.
Whatever you call my listings they are with SquadHelp landing pages and SquadHelp earns commissions for sales.
Not Efty or Dan!

What I meant was your domains are not searchable on the SH market as you showed above. That is normal and why you get the very low 7.5% commish. Its the same as DAN or Efty in that you have a marketplace of your own.

Not sure why you don’t see the distinction between premium (searchable on SH) versus WLM (searchable by type in on external browser)

Not shocked they charge you to participate in contests.

Last edited:
•••
What I meant was your domains are not searchable on the SH market as you showed above. That is normal and why you get the very low 7.5% commish. Its the same as DAN or Efty in that you have a marketplace of your own.

Not sure why you don’t see the distinction between premium (searchable on SH) versus WLM (searchable by type in on external browser)

Not shocked they charge you to participate in contests.
Even though I am new to the SquadHelp platform I am not dumb.
I am not sure why you are blaming me about the domain classification mess on SquadHelp.

Here is my domain on my WhiteLabelMarketplace landing page:

CyberstSHLand.png

But on Navigation menu it shows as Standard listing:

SHStandard.png

And finally, once submitted to a contest it becomes a Premium:

CyberestPrem.png

SquadHelp is inventing terms.
Jungling with them.
And finally blaming everyone of not understanding what is the whole terminology about.
Just like you did.

•••
This is a bit old, but what I understand of the issue (according to the red circled domains on the picture posted above) is that SH is making domains UNAVAILABLE once they are a "pending winner selection". This seems quite logical: If contest A holder may choose your domain (because you submitted it there), SH won't let you submit it to contest B and risk 2 persons wants to buy your domain at the same time. This would be a problem.

What seems to have happened above is that the contest A holder didn't probably "like" the domain when @theodore_zhou submitted it again to contest B, reason why he was able to submit it, and it was "available". Then contest A holder "liked" it and that made it a "pending winner". It thus became unavailable in contest B (but it was available when submitted, because it wasn't a "pending winner" at that time).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back