Dynadot

SquadH is only good for initial adopters?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I wonder what your experiences of SH are.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What is an "initial adopter"?

•••
What is an "initial adopter"?
Maybe I say the term wrong in translation. It means the first users of the site. SO, perhaps first adopters or users would be a better term.

•••
47 domains, 0 sales yet
Sales give points and higher ranking. They give you priorities in competitions as well.

•••
---

Last edited:
•••
A New Move They Made That You Need To Keep In Mind Is That You Need To BUY "Squadhelp Coins" To Submit Domains Now.

$1 Per Coin = 1 Domain Submission

I Think They Will Be Losing A Few Members Due To This New Rule.

I Definitely Will Not Be Using Them So Much Now And Will Probably Stop Submitting Names Altogether Now. It Gets Expensive When You Have No Guarantee Which Names Will Be Accepted Yet You Still Have To Pay $10 Just To Submit 10 Domains.

Personally I Think They Are Getting Greedy; They Already Get 30%-35% Of Every Sale!

Last edited:
•••
A New Move They Made That You Need To Keep In Mind Is That You Need To BUY "Squadhelp Coins" To Submit Domains Now.

$1 Per Coin = 1 Domain Submission

I Think They Will Be Losing A Few Members Due To This New Rule.

I Definitely Will Not Be Using Them So Much Now And Will Probably Stop Submitting Names Altogether Now. It Gets Expensive When You Have No Guarantee Which Names Will Be Accepted Yet You Still Have To Pay $10 Just To Submit 10 Domains.

Personally I Think They Are Getting Greedy; They Get 30%-35% Of Every Sale!

Yes seems a silly move but sometimes the greed takes over...

•••
You Can See Below In The Comments Section That Most People Are Not Happy About This...

https://squadhelp.com/t/important-changes-marketplace/4533/16

•••
I'm an outsider to listing names exclusively anywhere. I believe in having your own landing pages, and additionally listing in all the non-exclusive marketplaces such as Afternic Sedo DomainAgents etc.

As an outsider my opinion here is either more relevant, or irrelevant, but looking from the outside I'd say what is happening is that people are beginning to list names at SquadHelp that they can't dump anywhere else. ("It's free to list, why not?") And for whatever reason SH is allowing or already has allowed most any name to list. As this continues, and more and more garbage appears on SH, the buyers will dry up as well as the ability to sell will dry up as too many ersatz names are in the SH marketplace. And in the meantime you'll all be locked into an exclusive marketplace. Then again, if we're talking lower quality names anyway, maybe it doesn't matter to you if they are locked in someplace as they can't sell elsewhere. But if you have good names, and they are locked into a place with too much garbage floating by, you will be the one who gets hurt. Good luck.
Also, no longer even free now to list.

Last edited:
•••
Also, no longer even free now to list.

I Get Your Point But This: "for whatever reason SH is allowing or already has allowed most any name to list" Is Not The Case.

They Have Just Introduced Another Way For Them To Make Money And Tried To Make It "fun" Buy Calling Them "coins"

I Agree; Im Sure People Are Submitting Names That They Cannot Sell Anywhere Else But SH Had A Unique Advantage Over Other Brandable Marketplaces And Now They Are Just "another brandable marketplace"

Last edited:
•••
it is not only $1 per submission it is a minimum buy in of 5 coins = $5 per spend

•••
•••
Screw that.

They reject most of the names anyway.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back