Dynadot

Somebody registered my full name, do I register theres?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should I register the full name of the person who registered my full name last week?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    58.3%
  • No

votes
    41.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Hey NP,

Funny story...

Negotiations for a domain weren't going the way the enduser wanted, and since I didn't register the domain privately, he registered my full name.

He has proposed a trade of my full name for the domain he contacted me about.

Though, he didn't register my name privately either.

So should I register his full name?

Mind you, I just found out that the brandable 6L I picked upis also his last name.

Or, if by registering his name I open myself up to too much legally? Even if done privately?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I passed the information of the person who is extorting me to the law student with the same name.

•••
I passed the information of the person who is extorting me to the law student with the same name.
I see, but since the law student is interested in it, that means the guy extorting you might be able to sell it to him. Doesn't seem right that he should profit from this, since I am sure he would drop the name if you showed no interest in it. Anyway, as long as your friend gets it for no more than reg fee, it should be OK.

•••
I see, but since the law student is interested in it, that means the guy extorting you might be able to sell it to him. Doesn't seem right that he should profit from this, since I am sure he would drop the name if you showed no interest in it. Anyway, as long as your friend gets it for no more than reg fee, it should be OK.

The person with my name was considering purchasing the name anyways to begin building SEO value, and understands he has an option to not express interest and wait the year. Though, being a law student, he welcomes the case practice should the domain owner not want to transfer the domain for reg fee.

•••
When people start registering your name, It means you are Famous and doing right things !!.

Dont waste your time and Money on registering his name...

100% he will let yourname.come expire next year..

•••
Ah, this was what was going off when we were messaging!

•••
Hey NP,

Funny story...

Negotiations for a domain weren't going the way the enduser wanted, and since I didn't register the domain privately, he registered my full name.

He has proposed a trade of my full name for the domain he contacted me about.

Though, he didn't register my name privately either.

So should I register his full name?

Mind you, I just found out that the brandable 6L I picked upis also his last name.

Or, if by registering his name I open myself up to too much legally? Even if done privately?

Yes you should, next, have your people meet his people in a dark lane and then, well .......only last man standing gets BOTH NAMES ..... easy@ Good Luck

•••
GrilledJesus.com is available? :D

•••
simple register a relative of his' name. just as a backup and tell him you will trade that name for your name (from a different email of course). if you register his name it would seem like you did it on purpose which wouldn't look good in court. whereas he can claim he registered your full name before he knew your full name or some crap like that.

also file a report on that guy (don't let him know that of course). so when he decides to spew falsities on the website that will just be proof of his blackmail. you have to have a backup. also send him a lawyer's letter he will shut up.

•••
Don't waste your money to register their name.

•••
The only answer I can give is I didn't think the name was in danger, and there are a few other people with the same name as mine. Since I didn't have a use for it, I left it out there.

Thank you for your bluntness by the way. Because of this, I just registered the name I go by: ChrisLASTNAME.com He can keep or deal with the law student ChristopherLASTNAME.com :)
Chris works better anyway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back