Domain Empire

discuss Sold on Sedo for 300,000 EURO But Buyer Didn't Pay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

illumy

Established Member
Impact
I had a 300,000 EUR unpaid sale record on Sedo, which was cancelled 2 weeks ago on one of my premium .APP domains to US buyer, online Purchase and Sale Agreement seems like a joke on websites like GoDaddy or Sedo. Heard too many unpaid stories about how they failed to do anything concrete on unpaid buyers. Literally a waste of time and money in many occasion.

What do you guys think of this? Just move on?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are posting what others here consider to be deliberate misinformation:

so...you keep posting claimed sales without any backup, we keep posting proof that your claims are gainsaid by real evidence.

Who knows...maybe the 300K offer was from one of your "inner circle" and this entire thread is just a pump. Stranger things have happened.

At this point there is no verifiable evidence that dot app domains are selling for much of anything, would you agree?

No I don't and I felt I'm talking to a p***, you can live in your household and talk to your friendly circle. Next.

Last edited:
•••
At this point there is no verifiable evidence that dot app domains are selling for much of anything, would you agree?

Stick to the facts. In the meantime, your name calling and defensiveness tell us something about you.

Last edited:
•••

No I don't, apparently you can't read even though it's in English.

•••
Stick to the facts. In the meantime, your name calling and defensiveness tell us something about you.

Why don't you go bid $100. for the two letter dot app, :coffee: if a three letter dot app is really getting 300K offers. :shifty:

•••

Why don't you go bid $100. for the two letter dot app, :coffee: if a three letter dot app is really getting 300K offers. :shifty:

Sorry that's "your" facts not mine or ours. Like I said, I could care less about what your opinions are but you too showed how wasteful a person you are.

OT is not a keyword I would want to possess myself. I thought about bidding then I decided not to. Speaking of which I will make a bid right now since all you do is whining like a little g***, like I said it's none of your business rofl.

•••
This is not the case, 15k is the highest publicly reported sale.

Talking about legal action is crazy, its just some kid playing around, you can do that these days online and not be accountable for anything.

My advice is to forget about .app for now and focus on strong extensions, especially being new to the industry. If the extension does pick up in a few years, by all means get involved again and try and make some sales, but at the moment, its really not worth it, not with around 13 reported sales. Yes there may be unreported sales, but that will only be a small handful.

Well, you can stuck in your head thinking the world is only true whether it's publicly reported or not but in reality it is not. And you don't even know what you are talking about unfortunately makes me laugh, sad but true. In our community, .APP alone has a combined registered numbers of 10K to 15K domains altogether. And to your face this "only small handful" of .APP sales are more than hundreds in Jan alone. Sad you have no idea. Pretty stupid to think the reported sales are bigger proportion to unreported sales, really. Chinese market alone has 1.4 billions population, without counting in other non English speaking countries and count 0.1% of that as domainers and that's more than 1.4 millions in Chinese market alone. Probably only 0.01% of those will think of make "report" sales to English speaking "mainstream" record sites. You truly are sad thinking the world is only as big as you can reach. Your world is a small world, don't count me in.

Oh and many of those bigger .APP domain holders are also well-known and reputable .com & .cn domainers in the Chinese market. You think we're new but actually in fact you sound like one to me for majority of your comments. And if you're PRO as your account suggests, you are a sad story.

Last edited:
•••
We’re all “sad” at times but not all of us are coming on here claiming that bogus 300K offers mean something nor are all of us pumping barely used extensions by claiming unverified sky high sales that don’t even make sense for still blank unused websites.

In a way, the one claimed sale that’s the biggest laugh is gay.app as if a company would pay that kind of money for a mere redirect. Show me any redirect in the history of domaining that has sold for and is valued at more even than the parent site.

Dream On, OP!

•••
That's lame, 30 days wow what a waste of good time. They shall shorten it to 3 days only don't you think? None of us appreciate good waste of time, if they fail to pay in 3 days it means they probably ain't gonna pay in another 3 months don't you think?
I will say at least 7 days...

•••
been there done that. had someone skip on me with a domain. Sedo gave the buyers info.

They said you have option to sue them. Guy was in France.

Seemed like a domainer as I checked all other domains associated with the email given by Sedo.

I guess for that amount you could refer to a lawyer in the USA? see if they take case pro bono if they think they can win the case and they get 33% cut.

The Sedo buyer agreement is pretty clear cut.

my domain? it was not $300K so I did nothing. pointless.

•••
I had a 300,000 EUR unpaid sale record on Sedo, which was cancelled 2 weeks ago on one of my premium .APP domains to US buyer, online Purchase and Sale Agreement seems like a joke on websites like GoDaddy or Sedo. Heard too many unpaid stories about how they failed to do anything concrete on unpaid buyers. Literally a waste of time and money in many occasion.

What do you guys think of this? Just move on?
We have heard that there are companies that will redirect the buyer to another domain name and talk them into dropping your sale. Certain company's and their brokers are actually buying and selling domain names that they own and if they find a domain name that's close to the one you are selling they will redirect the buyer to a similar domain name they own. It's a scam!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back