IT.COM

SnapNames.com

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I have an issue with the snapnames since 21th of August.
Won a domain name on the 21th of August.
On the 24th of August I received
"Congratulations! You have successfully acquired the domain name xxxxxxxx.com."
Managing registrar is myPortalExpress ( register.com ).

Spent on skype while talking with support (Melissa and Andy) more than two hours.
Created several tickets at web support.
But still nothing. No domain , no activating link nothing.
Web support is totally crazy. They closed my ticket saying - I need to follow some instructions they emailed me. But email I received is notification that my registrar is myPortalExpress only. And nothing more.

Spoke with Melissa and Andy they promised me to take care about me but it looks they say anything you'd want to hear just to get rid of you.

I asked support to escalate my ticket and issue to their supervisor but they told me I don't need it because they will help. But nothing. Right now I'm trying to reach them by the phone and it took 22 minutes already. 22 minutes I'm listening for their music.

They took my money, took more that two hours of my life and gave me nothing.

Is there anybody here who can help me ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last time I got a domain with my portal express, I simply followed the link from their email,
was the following -

Subject: Domain Auction Order Confirmation - <my domain>

The following domain name has been successfully purchased at auction.

Domain Name: <my domain>

If you wish to accept the transfer of the above listed domain name and to become the new registrant, you are required to create a new account with Register.com by clicking the following link to set up your account:

https://www.myportalexpress.com/<some-long-coded-string>

As far as I remember, their system asked to accept the push, to provide my name/address/etc details, and to set password or something (or maybe they emailed it separately).

Resultingly, the domain became manageable through some minimalistic interface I never saw before. But, authcode was there, so I transferred it away on day 61...

You may probably search your inbox or spam etc for emails from partnersupport @ register .com

Last edited:
•••
I think I indeed set the password, but the username was never shown or emailed. So, should you be able to repeat something similar, make sure to search or navigate inside your new "account" to find what the username is, do not logout immediately.

Not 100% sure as to the sequence, but I definitely remember something like this.

Last edited:
•••
Last time I got a domain with my portal express, I simply followed the link from their email,
was the following -

Subject: Domain Auction Order Confirmation - <my domain>

The following domain name has been successfully purchased at auction.

Domain Name: <my domain>

If you wish to accept the transfer of the above listed domain name and to become the new registrant, you are required to create a new account with Register.com by clicking the following link to set up your account:

https://www.myportalexpress.com/<some-long-coded-string>

As far as I remember, they asked to accept the push, to provide my name/address/etc details, and to set passoword or something (or maybe they emailed it separately).

Resultingly, the domain became manageable through some minimalistic interface I never saw before. But, authcode was there, so I transferred it away on day 61...

You may probably search your inbox or spam etc for emails from partnersupport @ register .com

Yes I know the procedure.
I have 45 accounts with myPortalExpress.
Each account was registered separately for each domain I won at SnapNames which is managed by myPortalExpress. So I think I know how it works.

The problem is - I didn't receive that email with activating link. But support says they have sent it and I need to follow for instructions in this email. I told them I received nothing. But 10 days have passed and nothing. Few minutes ago I finished a conversation with Joyce P. It took almost 50 minutes again.
Asked her to escalate the ticket to supervisor.

•••
•••
I think I indeed set the password, but the username was never shown or emailed. So, should you be able to repeat something similar, make sure to search or navigate inside your new "account" to find what the username is, do not logout immediately.

Not 100% sure as to the sequence, but I definitely remember something like this.

Yep ! A username for the account with myPortalExprees they generate automatically and never show it. So before logout you need to go to Account Settings menu and copy it.

•••
Supervisor at snapnames must be something virtual... I was never able to have anyrhing escalated to him/her or to receive any response signed by a supervisor. Last time I had to call them a few times was a domain landed at some 3rd party registrar which was not a part of any known group. I was finally able to obtain access by contacting the registrar as well. Not that they simply provided access to a domain, they do not know who am I, but I politely asked them to contact snapnames for confirmation. Maybe this partner support @ register com can help, did you try to email them asking to resend email?

•••
Supervisor at snapnames must be something virtual... I was never able to have anyrhing escalated to him/her or to receive any response signed by a supervisor. Last time I had to call them a few times was a domain landed at some 3rd party registrar which was not a part of any known group. I was finally able to obtain access by contacting the registrar as well. Not that they simply provided access to a domain, they do not know who am I, but I politely asked them to contact snapnames for confirmation. Maybe this partner support @ register com can help, did you try to email them asking to resend email?

Sure. I called to myPortalExpress and they told me that they didn't receive any confirmation from the SnapNames.

I remember when Theresa Armington was a part of SnapNames. She helped a lot many times. Fast and professional. Such a great person. But she left and since SnapNames became web.com it's just a nightmare.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back