Dynadot

Snapnames charged without my Authorization after 2 months..wtf

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ryan123

Impact
Hi there, I used to backorder domains 3 months back from snapnames but to my surprise today I suddenly got charged for one backorder which was actually failed..Here is the screenshot where they said the backorder failed. Screenshot below

i41.tinypic.com/9fxitc.png

Now i am not sure why did snapnames try to catch it again as I have marked this option here so they shudn't try to catch that domain again. Screenshot below

i44.tinypic.com/2hhn5uo.png

Now I am at loss of $69 which is a lot for me..How do I get this money back as it was clearly unauthorized and that too they charged after 2 frigging months and I dont want that domain now :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
HERE WE GO..AGAIN!!!! they are able to leave me speechless every time

•••
after they where not able to catch the drop did you remove it manually from the pending orders list?

•••
after they where not able to catch the drop did you remove it manually from the pending orders list?

Unfortunately no but how can a newbie on snapnames know that we should delete them also in 2nd screenshot i have marked that option so they shudn't charge me automatically right?

•••
Unfortunately no but how can a newbie on snapnames know that we should delete them also in 2nd screenshot i have marked that option so they shudn't charge me automatically right?

If you didn't remove it and they eventually caught it, you have to pay. I assume they charge automatically because they provided the service that you requested.

•••

Curious: after checking that box, is there a button saying something like Save Changes or Confirm or anything like that?

•••
If you didn't remove it and they eventually caught it, you have to pay. I assume they charge automatically because they provided the service that you requested.

wut? They have not even clearly mentioned anywhere properly. Maybe a quick heads up would be good right. Also even if I didn't delete what about the option which I had tick marked? Isn't it their mistake that their system did not delete it automatically?

If this is the case then they might be charging all newbies since hardly anyone would take the time to delete the pending domain list since not everyone is aware of it..:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Curious: after checking that box, is there a button saying something like Save Changes or Confirm or anything like that?

Yes there is. Its in Account information and it was updated the day i had inserted my credit card details

Screenshot : prntscr.com/2j0ini

So can anyone give me advice on what should be done about this? I contacted their support and still waiting for their reply

•••
they charge even if you remove the domain form the backorder list right after the auction end.
they try to charge the second-bidder if they cant collect payment from the winner.
had several instances like that

it sucks but it's snapnames

Last edited:
•••
Did they give you the domain?

I think you need to speak to somebody at SnapNames in order to clear this up. Telling them your account preferences state "automatically remove orders". If this doesn't get cleared up then you should do a credit card chargeback, but probably your SnapNames account will be toast.

•••

I think you need to speak to somebody at SnapNames in order to clear this up. Telling them your account preferences state "automatically remove orders". If this doesn't get cleared up then you should do a credit card chargeback, but probably your SnapNames account will be toast.

I checked my account today. It's also set to auto remove unsuccessful orders but none have been removed. Doesn't matter to me because I'm happy to get these anytime they become available. It is messed up that they aren't following my set preferences though...

•••
they charge even if you remove the domain form the backorder list right after the auction end.
they try to charge the second-bidder if they cant collect payment from the winner.
had several instances like that

it sucks but it's snapnames

Hmm but thats not the case here. But if that's happening someone should do something about it

Yes they did and I was on phone with them and they keep repeating the same shit ..that we mentioned that u should remove blah blah...and they had no answer for the account preferences option..

I checked my account today. It's also set to auto remove unsuccessful orders but none have been removed. Doesn't matter to me because I'm happy to get these anytime they become available. It is messed up that they aren't following my set preferences though...
yes they are not following that :| I have removed my CC from there

Hey guys.

an update..

I called snapnames and spoke to one guy...Actually for 2 days I was trying to contact them..First time they said they will reply back to my ticket but they didnt reply back

So I called them today and guess what..they kept saying the same thing that u need to remove them from pending order list and I still kept on asking him about the account preferences then. How can they charge when I have clearly told them to remove it. This is not fair

And guess what, they disconnected the call in between as they had no fu*KINg answer. >:(

I will try to chargeback the transaction but I dont have any hopes as my cc company says they take 120 to process the dispute..

anyways, snapnames is showing bitch like behaviour..I wonder how much they scam people on daily basis like that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back