IT.COM

.com SK.com, SS.com, TT.com, BEG.com, Roulette.com sold at Sedo @ $8000 apiece!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoWebnames.com

Truth alone triumphsTop Member
Impact
Let's take a look at the snapshot below.

It shows SK.com, SS.com, TT.com, BEG.com, Roulette.com, WindowsPhone.com were listed and sold at Sedo @ $8000 apiece, within last 24 hours. All are showing "DOMAIN ACQUISITION SERVICE" status at Sedo now which means someone hit the BIN as soon as they saw it.

Given the prices for all these are listed as BIN at $8000, it's not hard to imagine that all these were listed by one account. This is the WHOIS data:

SK.com (SKUSA, Inc)
SS.com (Kivackis Andrejs, SS Ltd.)
TT.com (New Media Online GmbH)
GOL.com (Japanese owner)
FLM.com (under Privacy)
BEG.com (under Privacy)
Roulette.com (Gamble.com)
WindowsPhone.com (MicroSoft)

WindowsPhone.com is owned by Microsoft and an active website.

Could @Sedo or someone else care to explain how these listings managed to be listed at such prices? It doesn't appear these listing were verified before making them public. Is it a glitch or an attempted fraud?

No doubt, I wouldn't have thought for a second before hitting the BIN if any of these were legit. :)

Yo2rNv9.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could @Sedo or someone else care to explain how these listings managed to be listed at such prices?
I've attempted to purchase domains like these, and after I pay, Sedo cancels the transaction, refunds my money, and refuses to say anything else.

•••
I've attempted to purchase domains like these, and after I pay, Sedo cancels the transaction, refunds my money, and refuses to say anything else.

Same story here.

Before paying up, have you ever tried to clarify with @Sedo if the said listing is genuine or not?
Do they try to check? Or they insist on making the payment first?
Why move money unneccesarily if they have to refund it anyway.

I also think Sedo does nothing at its end to enforce a sale obligation. If the seller refuses to follow through the sale giving some vague excuse, they don't even seem to ban the seller's account or their other listings.

•••
Guys, it must be a mistake, the same domain names show up for around 9K on name.com.

•••
Gol.com is an established ISP in Japan. It's no more for sale than Yahoo.com is.

•••
Afternic had a bug that let people list anyone's domain and they fixed it.

It must be a bug Sedo needs to fix right away.

•••
Afternic had a bug that let people list anyone's domain and they fixed it.

It must be a bug Sedo needs to fix right away.

Correct, they need to do that a.s.a.p.

Also, I don't really understand how someone will benefit by listing these names fraudulently. Even if someone was to hit the BIN on these listings and make payment, the money would still be in the Escrow until the domain is delivered which is quite nigh impossible. Anyone knows the secret?

The only benefit I can see is the fraudster gaining access to contact info of the buyer.

•••
The only benefit I can see is the fraudster gaining access to contact info of the buyer.
Could be.

Another possibility is that they want the sale to be reported to devalue the domain name or similar domains.

•••
This is pretty common, if you search Sedo, you will find a lot of similar things on with other names

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back