NameSilo

question Site Take Down Request

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MKS Vent

Established Member
Impact
I received an email from iZOOlogic requesting site take down for infringement. The site in question is only an Efty landing page. Anyone else run into this?
Domain is deutschebitcoinbank
Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@wwwweb .. before you start making false claims of people "talking out of their asses" .. lol .. maybe you yourself should bother to read what I wrote first as I specifically said I do completely AGREE with that decision (WIPO case D2012-2028) .. but just that I also felt there were enough contextual and linguistic differences so as to that specific decision (and the reasons behind it) is not relevant to this specific domain (just the domain without content).

I NEVER said I did not think this domain was or was not registered in good faith .. simply that I don't think it's provable that it was 100% because I don't think the actual trademark covers this particular set of words in the particular order they are placed in and the fact they are a sum of generics coming together to create a domain with specific meaning that could differ in scope to the services DB provides .. combined with the fact the word "Deutsche" alone is in no way trademarkable .. and that in this specific instance .. "Deutsche" and "Bank" are not just separated by another word .. but much more importantly .. each word is used legitimately and specifically as individual generic words for their actual (German) dictionary meaning.
It's ok your a legal expert, take the time to read the case before offering your 2 cents of legal advice. I see a lot of words, but not many of them make sense. This is not scrabble, it is clear what the OP is attempting to do, if you want to encourage it by all means. It might be a different case when dealing with $5 closeout domains, but this is a clear violation, against one of the biggest banks in the World, only stupid people continue to encourage the registration of this infringing domain.

One of the biggest concerns for these banks is email spoofing, that is why they try to control these domains, they can't register them all, but they can take action once registered.

It shows bad intent, and people who encourage it are pretty much bottom feeders who can't create a worthwhile portfolio of their own, and have to tread on the marks of established companies to try, and attempt a pitty sale.

Last edited:
•••
@Ategy Eddie Bauer is a brand of outdoor gear.
Cosmetically, the case I posted is totally unrelated.
But the crux of the OP's problem is definitely illuminated by the case.
Did you read it?

Also, I'm only investigating the legality of things.
Not saying anything is ethical or unethical.
Those things are up to the individual to wrestle with.

Last edited:
•••
While he put it rather crudely I do agree with most of @wwwweb comments.

It is without a doubt bottom dweller behavior to acquire domains with well known trademark holders. It is also quite stupid to argue legalities as you would 100 percent have your butt handed to you after basically admitting you bought to profit off the well known name at a later date in this very thread.

People work hard to acquire valuable names and stuff like this makes domainers look bad. So the rage of @wwwweb is understandable. This kind of domaining where someone thinks they can bend the rules to some imagined payday make us all look bad.

Drop the name not just the landing page.

•••
I received an email from iZOOlogic requesting site take down for infringement. The site in question is only an Efty landing page. Anyone else run into this?
Domain is deutschebitcoinbank
Thanks,

They can smash you like a bug on the windshield and they probably will, since they bothered to contact you already. Lucky you, they gave you a chance to save your butt. Good luck, whatever you'll decide to do.

•••
After reading through the various comments there are a few takeaways from this.
We are all domaining for one reason and that's to profit. Don't feed me a line that your not.
For those that are offended by "bottom feeders looking for a payday" that's on you. I'm sure you have a few domains that are head scratchers as well.
This domain is in no way trying to mimic any company.
Simply put an algorithm flagged this domain for both keywords Deutsche and bank within the name. There is no such entity as Deutsche Bitcoin Bank. I've reached out to iZOOlogic in hopes to learn more about this.
Thanks,

•••
Suggest you drop the name, there are so many names you can acquire

•••
Based on the thread title, they have only asked that you take down the site. So do that only.
This is the best solution because I also dont think this domain is worth to keep. Though this time I think the bank is showing muscle power as the word is generic. Someday in future a Germanloan company will bully Germanhomeloan to shut down.

•••
We are all domaining for one reason and that's to profit. Don't feed me a line that your not.
For those that are offended by "bottom feeders looking for a payday" that's on you. I'm sure you have a few domains that are head scratchers as well.
Good spin, reminds me of an old customer service form letter ...
In accordance with company policy we are pleased to announce that you received merchandise produced to the same high standards afforded all our customers and we feel that you are extremely chicken sh*t in returning it, particularly since we did not authorize the return in the first place. You know damned well we have a fair and comprehensive “Returned Goods Policy” and you will pay hell receiving credit unless this policy is strictly adhered to. We ship whatever comes off the production line regardless if it meets your specifications or not, that’s besides the point. Why don't you get on your engineer's a** for a change? We are reasonably sure that our packaging contains the proper materials a good share of the time, which is exactly what you ordered. By god no one is perfect. I’d like to see your production area some time. I’ll bet you have a sh*t pot full of problems too.

•••
BitcoinBankOfAmerica and BankOfBitcoinAmerica are both turds floating in the rushing sewers of a legal sh*tstorm.

99% of humans on earth don't have the resources to compete in such a legal battle against the 1%.

You can try, just be sure to update us from the free computers at the public library.

Best of luck to you.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back